Hacking Wiiflow 4.5 Fantasy Requests

spacepimp

Pathalogical Fantasist
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
That already exist, for wii games its called "savepartition" and "savepath", for channels its just "partition" and "path".
So i you can set up a nand just for saves, and have another for channels?
How do you set this up, please? Abz should have this in his tutorials! :)
I was wondering, and thanks for posting btw, is it not as simple as it might seem to select different nands simply by selecting different paths?
edit: http://ccabz.wordpress.com/2013/01/16/neek2o-for-mega-noobs/

spacepimp

Pathalogical Fantasist
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
I would like to set pathes for the plug-ins.
E.g. Savestate path, firmware path, config path...
At the moment it's a chaos to find out and to sort roms/saves/configs etc.
How's about rather a standardised folder structure that's built when you run wiiflow the first time?
A standardised file/folder structure would allow for PLAYLISTS!!!!!

VashTS

Beat it, son
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So i you can set up a nand just for saves, and have another for channels?
How do you set this up, please? Abz should have this in his tutorials! :)
I was wondering, and thanks for posting btw, is it not as simple as it might seem to select different nands simply by selecting different paths?

thats why i posted again to see if fix could clarify, maybe if I @FIX94 he will see it :)

i basically want one nand for channels only the other nand is for all saves only

VashTS

Beat it, son
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
another feature, albeit crazy as hell: newsgroup download / NZB support.

i doubt its possible to do efficiently. im going to have only basic TV, i can't afford digital cable anymore, if wiiflow could download shows/movies for me, kind of like sickbeard that would rock.

i know, its a piracy-like feature so i would not be surprised if its not looked at. im going to be using this regardless.
but integration with NZBS(dot)org or other similar indexing sites would be awesome too.

AbdallahTerro

da KiNG
Trophies
Website
ccabz.wordpress.com
XP
Country
I use separate nands for channels and saves in GX,
for Wiiflow I use thae same nand for both but I know taht wiiflow.ini has 2 spots where you can select the nand path, one is under [games] for savegames the second under [nand] for channels
so basically you should be able to make it work the same way as GX.

Hope this helps

spacepimp

Pathalogical Fantasist
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Because a 'hard-wired' sourceflow removes the requirement for several icons in the main coverflow interface, as the games they access are available from the source menu, this frees up real estate in the interface for other solutions.
Currently cfg loader has a fantastic implementation of a gametdb sourced data file. It's similar to wiibackup manager's but can sort titles in a bunch of ways, from controllers used to age classification to number of players.
It would be nice to see some of that sorting and viewing capability in wiiflow, perhaps hidden under an android-style tab at the bottom of the main coverflow.
ii. B + UP and B + DOWN could scroll through these in groups - not just of letters, as in the current alphabetical mode, but what ever period indicated by the choice above. So the number of times played, or the metascore, best selling, genre, favourited(!?).

spacepimp

Pathalogical Fantasist
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
I just had a quick thought, to make using 'b' easier. When pressing B - a glowing arrow (or perhaps the prior and following letter) could appear above and below an enlarged initial letter of the currently selected game. The idea is to indicate the possibility of scrolling up and down the games' names using the arrow keys.
I also had a further idea about having left and right arrow appear either side of an icon of the current 'flow, to give a visual clue that you can scroll thru 'flows as well. This would require rendering of the 'flows as an icon sized picture file.
While screengrabs are certainly possible in wiiflow, fantasy request would be wiiflow does this on the fly, or saves new coverflow previews to the wiiflow realnand save for quick access.

n.b. the source menu is not initiated unless you let go of b without pressing another key.

wiimanofthenorth

Trophies
XP
Country
First off I do think it's great what is been done with wiiflow.

I've mentioned these in the main wiiflow thread, but hopefully they'll get seen here and not over looked.

1) Game names that have a number before a colon are sorted after game names that don't have a number.
e.g. Lego Batman: Video game currently comes after Lego Batman 2: DC Super Heroes
Whatever sorting engine that is being used should notice a number before a colon is less important than one with out. As in, Titles would show up correctly if it was possible to sort by two things at once. ie. Sort by title and by release date. This way LEGO Batman would be followed by LEGO Batman 2, and all the COD games would be in order of release as well.

2) Since the Scummvm plugin is 1.5 Jul 2, it could do with being updated to at least 1.5.0 Jul 21 16:51:13. I'm not sure why the Jul 2 plugin doesn't work with my Loom CD rip, with audio. The standalone version of Scummvm 1.5.0 Jul 21, I load from a channel does work fine, I'm not sure why the plugin version isn't working?

3) Snes9xGX to quit has the highlight colours the correct way around. At the moment Yellow over cancel quits the program. Which is the wrong way around.

4) Built in ftp for zapping across config files, covers, emu roms etc. I realize this would be no real use for sending full sized games across. (Though I do send games over ftp to my fatPS2)

5) After going to settings to unlock, and coming back, it should remember the last game that is centered on, not the last one played. It's a pain having to look for the same game that you were just looking at and wanting to change settings on.

6) A better manual / website of what can be done, and how to do it with wiiflow. There is so much info floating in the main wiiflow thread it's to much to read everything. And not all of it matches up with what already on the current website. Everything could do with being pulled together in the one place.

Reactions: Slimmmmmm

VashTS

Beat it, son
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
the snes9xgx emu has always had the exit menu like that. i believe all the GX emus do.

i +1 for ftp. descriptions of stuff would be nice too. i'd like to start a theme but its not documented well so i cannot make a plan to attack.

i would like to be able to change certain settings in wiiflow. the main items to change are emunand directory and image directories.

spacepimp

Pathalogical Fantasist
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Hey, Got a fresh one. You know GX can highlight new games for 24 hours? How's about wiiflow gives a red glow to most recently played(or newest) game, and cools that colour when you play another game (or over time).
When you boot a game, wiiflow modifies a value attached to that game to 1, and adds 1 to all the other games. Thus new games will appear 'hot' also. The number associated with a title is a factor in the colour of a glow around the title, demonstrative of heat, low numbers being warmer (redder)than high numbers (bluer).
Of course the similar data could be used to list games by play order, it's just an immersive way of evoking that info to the user.

Slimmmmmm

GBAtemp MoNkEeE
Trophies
XP
Country
Adding WODE support would be epic imho.

We have a few ways of loading GameCube, but the WODE has many advantages. I myself have a normal HDD to the Wii with Wii games and my GameCube on a HDD on the WODE. The WODE supports a HUB too.

Just now the only way to use 1 loader for everything if you use a WODE is to make individual forwarders to load software to load the game (HBC > Loader > Loader > Game)

The devs wont be interested because they wont have a WODE etc, etc, etc

But it would make a final solution for many Wii's as the game releases come to a halt and we move to an archive system with the highest possible compatibility.

Great loader, great friendly devs and it is free so we users have won already. Extra features are just spoiling us.

*EDIT*
Another GameCue related thing.
The saves, make some way of moving save to and from memcards depending on certain criteria at launch. This should be per game so the option of using NMM or real card, or copy to real card etc.
Take note that regional miss match of files on a real card corrupts etc.

I would add more details, but the devs will understand.

kineticUk

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I just want custom path support for emulators (retroarch), only so i can leave single ra version in /apps and point wiiflow to it, instead of having another version in wiiflow directory.

(...assuming currently wiiflow emuflow doesn't allow me to do this)

MassiveRican

GBATemp's Unofficial Vigilante
Trophies
XP
Country
Here are mine too:
1. New plugins
2. Framed icon or framed tiny banner/iconflow
3. Remember last mode/last game used
4. Online banner download
5. custom png for absent covers especially for each plugin (using magic number) and optionally for Wii/GC/Wiiware/Homebrew
6. Option to disable/enable banners
7. Ability to hide a game (without using favorites/categories)
8. Hermes, Wanin 17 for Wiiware
Just felt like updating this for you.. yea wel it seems you knocked out your entire list there buddy.. where are the fresh ideas hmm..? It's nice that all of this made it in to WiiFlow thus far, just wanted to show that given enough time a good idea can be implemented so no giving up unless you get a direct NO from the devs on why something can't/won't be done.

Also seems like many people's ideas have made it into WF as well, so I don't know if they're looking at this thread or what but let's keep the fantasy ideas rolling in here.

Reactions: spacepimp

AbdallahTerro

da KiNG
Trophies
Website
ccabz.wordpress.com
XP
Country
Just felt like updating this for you.. yea wel it seems you knocked out your entire list there buddy.. where are the fresh ideas hmm..? It's nice that all of this made it in to WiiFlow thus far, just wanted to show that given enough time a good idea can be implemented so no giving up unless you get a direct NO from the devs on why something can't/won't be done.

Also seems like many people's ideas have made it into WF as well, so I don't know if they're looking at this thread or what but let's keep the fantasy ideas rolling in here.
6 and 8 are still not done yet

but here are new things I can think of:
1. on the fly mios switch for QF/GC
2. txt/xml and img viewer in the explorer
3. Banners for plugins with a custom video for each
4. all wiiflow.ini options can be edited using the folder explorer (paths and yes/no stuff)

AbdallahTerro

da KiNG
Trophies
Website
ccabz.wordpress.com
XP
Country
6 and 8 are still not done yet

but here are new things I can think of:
1. on the fly mios switch for QF/GC
2. txt/xml and img viewer in the explorer
3. Banners for plugins with a custom video for each
4. all wiiflow.ini options can be edited using the folder explorer (paths and yes/no stuff)
less than 1 month :)

spacepimp

Pathalogical Fantasist
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Abz got Skillz, nice one! :D

Bearing in mind it's fantasy requests -
Hash checking media as well as games and/or other mechanisms for title verification.
if your using wiiflow to browse films - it'd be nice if the alternate view could pull down the blurb, imdb/rotten tomatoes/meta score, and link to a youtube search (for a trailer). Perhaps even display a couple of random frames pulled from the file.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtube.com/shorts/gz90ppV7yfE?si=y1IdUB1kPvndhn5P