Hacking Wiifit USA -- 001 Error / Not reading disc

pirateypp

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Greetings all!

I have a Wiifit (NTSC) and a NTSC Wii -- also I think its chipped with WiiFree, although I don't know how to check. Also, when the Wiifit was originally set up the update on the disc was installed.

I went through a thread hear detailing how to use some programs to remove the 001 Error from Wiifit PAL, but I was unable to do so for myself.

So, what I have is:

Wiiscrubber 1.2 (Settings: Save Options: "ISO", Scrub Type : "OxFF", Keep Headers "Yes")
GenericWiiPatcher
an ISO of Wiifit.

From what I've gathered:

Step 1: Open ISO in WiiScrubber, extract main.dol from Partition 2. Use GenericWiipatcher to "Remove 001". Press Save. Then reload the patched main.dol to the ISO. Let reparse
Step 2: Repeat step one with main.dol from Partition 3.
Step 3: Toast said image to disk. (I used Nero Ultra 8)

However, when I do this the disk won't recognize at all. If I just straight burn the ISO it sees it in the main screen but when it tries to load I get the 001 Error.

Am I doing something wrong? Am I missing a step?

Anyhelp would be appreciated. Also, can I use the above directions + any corrections you all may have for me to patch other games like Mario Kart?

DaveMode

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The steps sound correct. I personally use Trucha instead of Wiiscrubber to modify discs though. In Trucha you have to right click the partition and choose "Trucha Sign It" after replacing the file or else you'll get the same kind of errors you are getting. Is there maybe a similar command to sign the partitions in Wiiscrubber that you're missing?

pirateypp

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
DaveMode said:
The steps sound correct. I personally use Trucha instead of Wiiscrubber to modify discs though. In Trucha you have to right click the partition and choose "Trucha Sign It" after replacing the file or else you'll get the same kind of errors you are getting. Is there maybe a similar command to sign the partitions in Wiiscrubber that you're missing?

Both games (MK, and Wiifit) are unable to open in Trucha as a result of the third partition on both ISOs (atleast from what I've read here). From what I've gathered here, simply replacing the file with the "load" option autosigns. Could my signature be wrong? I am able to see all the file trees of the discs.

The Wii I have is currently running 3.1U. Both games are in NTSC.

Thanks in advance for anymore help.

RyuKakashi

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
You can scrub it which i think removes the 3rd partition, allowing you to open it in trucha.

At least it used to, I don't know what it does now that it supports 3rd partition.

I guess you have to check your ckey because what you are doing seems to be correct.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://store.steampowered.com/bundle/34203/Tomb_Raider_Definitive_Survivor_Trilogy/ mmm