Wii64 With Overclock and gamepad support

Discussion in 'Wii U - Emulation & CEMU' started by danny19901, Feb 19, 2019.

1. danny19901
    OP

danny19901 GBAtemp Regular

Feb 12, 2016
    Link me not64 glide and will see what I can do

Sent from my GM1920 using Tapatalk

2. Wuigi

Wuigi GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Sep 14, 2012
    Germany
    You want to help people by providing the prebuilt binaries which is a good intention, but wii64 was released under the GPL 2 license which means that you have to abide to the following:
    Warning: Spoilers inside!

So to prevent someone from taking down this thread as you violate the license at this point, just do the mentioned points and everyone will be happy.

3. danny19901
    OP

Feb 12, 2016
    I get what your saying but I don't alter any code it just gets patched I don't compile anything or gain any money from patching it also I credited most people who have worked on such emulation but I really don't steal or alter anything

4. vbarros22

vbarros22 GBAtemp Regular

Jun 20, 2017
    Brazil
    Manaus, Amazonas
  5. danny19901
    OP

Feb 12, 2016
    vbarros22 likes this.
  6. JohnnyCurtis

JohnnyCurtis Newbie

Newcomer
    Jul 21, 2019
    United Kingdom
    Are the installers you provided still working? I tried to install both the wii64 and wii64 rice install files you gave and neither seem to work. Wii64 rice installs but when I try to launch it with c2w on it it won't launch and tells me to go to system settings to delete it. Regular wii64 won't install at all saying verify WUP files are correct despite being in cfw. Any ideas or am I being stupid because it seems no one else is having this issue?

Edit: Nevermind I fixed the problem and got it working. Little query though, did you get conkers bad fur day running at 60fps on regular wii64 or wii64 rice?

Last edited by JohnnyCurtis, Jul 21, 2019
  7. hiberto

hiberto Member

Newcomer
    May 31, 2019
    United States
    does wii64 support HD texture packs? if not, are there any Wii U/vWii N64 emulators that support them? I'd like to play mario 64 and Ocarina of Time on my Wii U with the HD texture packs. thank you!

8. HomeStarRunnerTron

HomeStarRunnerTron Member

Newcomer
    Jul 24, 2019
    United States
    Has anyone had any luck playing multiplayer with the Gamepad attached? We have classic controllers, but due to the gamepad taking up the Player 1 slot, everyone's classic controller gets moved one to the left, so the Gamepad can't be used. Anyone have a fix for that? : ) Thank you so much!

EDIT: Shoot, the very moment that I posted this, I found out how to fix this!! Here's the steps, for anyone who's having similar troubles:

1) Start Wii64 without any Wiimotes on.
    2) Navigate to the controller icons in the bottom right with your gamepad controller & select it with A.
    3) Once there, go to Configure Input, then switch Pad Assignment to Manual.
    4) Begin to sync your Wiimotes with the Classic Controllers already attached (if you plug them in at this stage, things tend to get messy. If you really want to do that, just make sure you plug all the controllers in in the right order.)... also, make sure you sync an extra controller that won't be used to fill in the 1st controller spot, since that's already taken by the Gamepad.
    5) Select the setting for your other controllers (as many as you're using) as Wii Gamepad in Configure Input.

Must've just been some good juju from registering just to ask this question! Hope this helps someone. : ) We were trying to play Super Smash Bros: More Stages Edition, and it works perfectly on Rice.

Last edited by HomeStarRunnerTron, Jul 24, 2019
    CORE likes this.
  9. Venom228

Venom228 Member

Newcomer
    Oct 16, 2008
    Canada
    I can't get Conkers Bad fur day to run good it runs at like 10 fps, also trying to install wii64 with glide is not working on my system, the steps i tool was run mocha cfw then the overclock patcher and then the emulator but my roms still run crappy.

10. JuanAGT

JuanAGT Newbie

Newcomer
    Oct 6, 2016
    Mexico
    Hi!
    Thank you for posting this! I was looking for the emulator that has the basic menu for so long. It works flawlessly (with their exceptions). I just notice that the icon used is for the Not64 instead of the Wii64. Can you by any chance change it to the wii64? That would be great!
    Thank you again for sharing with all of us.

11. CORE

CORE 3:16

Jul 15, 2018
    United Kingdom
    It would be nice to get the latest GlideN64 into this and whatever necessary patches to the Core (Mupen64Plus GlideN64 can play anything via PC including Factor 5 Games or Resident Evil 2 and any other troublesome Games Flawless! Just need Wii U to do same now for that complete AIO Nintendo.

I am learning to Code now myself so hopefully someone here does it before me like the next couple weeks lol cause it probably gonna take me years...

That is if I can even get stuff to compile.

— Posts automatically merged - Please don't double post! —

@Venom228
    (1) Homebrew Channel
    (2) OverClock
    (3) Not64 Forwarder

Also SD:\apps\not64
    SD:\not64

You could also throw boot.dol from not64 into wii64 replace it just make sure you have not64 folder in root like above if you are not using a Not64 Forwarder.

Dont need to run Mocha.
    You can then adjust Counter Factor to help make it run at a decent speed.
    Wii64 does not have Counter Factor implemented.

Your best bet is Not64 GlideN64 ONLY and lacks GamePad Controls but has CountPerOp this can give Games a playable Boost combined with C2W Patch. Diddy Kong Racing runs well with this.
    Wii64 Rice Fix94 Build This runs better for Goldeneye and others due to different GFX Plugin but older.
    The latest Wii64 has High Res Texture Support although I never managed to get it to work on WiiU it crashes something to do with settings u modify anything it will constant crash until u remove cfg.

U also have Wii or WiiU Inject options although limited X3 Different ways to Emulate N64 and all are lacking and pretty much run same amount of Games which is a real Bummer.
    Just a pity Not64 Runs A. Wii64 Runs B. and Inject Runs C. is not the case the Compatability is pretty close between them nothing really better.

Last edited by CORE, Aug 27, 2019
    HomeStarRunnerTron likes this.
  12. ploggy

ploggy WAKA! WAKA!

Aug 29, 2007
    United Kingdom
    With the recent changes made by Kaze Emanuar, Mario 64 Star Road now works on real N64 hardware and.. fullspeed on Not64 ;)

13. danny19901
    OP

Feb 12, 2016
    Yeah I will eventually update and fix these issues but your looking at November just I'm away till 28th October and have to work around my birthday and my girlfriend's birthday but hopefully I can promise an update mid November - early December and sorry about this

14. danny19901
    OP

Feb 12, 2016
    I will look into it but won't be till November possibly December but I will get your issue fixed and will release an updated version of both rice and glide

Quick Reply
Draft saved Draft deleted