Homebrew wii youtube vs. wiimc youtube

Maxternal

Peanut Gallery Spokesman
Trophies
Website
gbadev.googlecode.com
XP
Country
For my LIMITED experience, WiiMC can have some compatibility issues with some videos and/or when Youtube changes it's website format, etc. BUT if you have an internet connection that tends to cut in and out WiiMC SOMETIMES deals better with those. There are some videos that the youtube channel just refuses to show (Just Dance gameplay videos are one example I've encountered ... they work perfectly from other sources) The search features I like the youtube channel better since there's not a limit to how many results it finds. I think it can also sign in to your youtube account and have benefits from that but don't quote me on that.

LightyKD

Future CEO of OUYA Inc.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
In my experience, when you tell WiiMC that you want 480p videos it gives you exactly that. The YouTube app tends to give you the video quality it thinks your internet traffic can handle which can be annoying sometimes. The reason I still choose the YouTube app over WiiMC is due to account access, subscriptions and playlist. WiiMC has none of that. I'm surprised the WiiMC team isnt thinking about updating the style of their app. It's been a few years and the design is looking a bit stale.

duffmmann

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
the youtube app is really nice in that you can search easier in a few ways. Overall I prefer the youtube app for viewing youtube videos, but wiimc is pretty fantastic overall, especially for loading videos off my hard drive and every once and a while when I throw a dvd in.

Gosh I wish there was a way for it to integrate that youtube interface into wiimc, and to somehow work the Netflix one too. That would be awesome to have all videos located in one place with the best versions.

While on the subject, does anyone have the latest WiiMC+? Is that something that can be shared? i really want it, but don't know how to compile that stuff, I've tried but failed.

Charco

Trophies
XP
Country
I don't have the Youtube app on my Wii, do I download it from the Wii Shop Channel, and could it cause any issues with having a soft modded Wii (4.3) i.e. anti piracy measures?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Taco Saturday
  • AncientBoi @ AncientBoi:
    Uhh, It's 🌯 Saturday dude. :) js
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Nope that for tomorrow, cinco de mayo, today is bbq chicken on the grill.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Juan's new years I forgot
    +2
    :hrth::toot::grog::grog::grog::bow: HAPPY BIRTHDAY to me :bow::grog::grog::toot::hrth:
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    One day away from Juan's birthday
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Only if you send him feet
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Happy birthday!
    +1
    Thank You :D
  • realtimesave @ realtimesave:
    heh I got a guy who created an account just yesterday asking me where to find mig switch roms
  • realtimesave @ realtimesave:
    too much FBI watching this website to answer that kind of question lol
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Has the mig switch found loopholes without requiring game keys?
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @AncientBoi, happy birthday
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Yawn
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Lonely here
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Anybody?
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    I want my money back... Drug test? No drugs to test but they want me to pee in a cup! Lol
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Better call Pedro you're up in smoke
    +2
  • C @ Clayton44333:
    hey any1 know if there is a new version of the ps4 homebrew store ?
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Finally there are people here
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    We're figments of your imagination
    +1
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: We're figments of your imagination +1