Wii #XXXX - Yu-Gi-Oh! 5D's Wheelie Breakers (Japan)

Canonbeat234

Redeemed Temper
Trophies
XP
Country
Tristan: I saw into the future that Yugioh card games will be played on Motorcycles.
Joey: Tristan, that's the stupidest thing I've ever heard.

*Insert serious Oprah music*

Me: *Look at the boxart* You got to be fucking kiddin' with me!!
Tristan: My voice predicts the future!
happy.gif

strata8

Look! A pointless distraction!
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S928sbdpNJo...feature=related at 4:48:

Yugi: Tristan, I'm going to regret asking this, but why do you have a motorbike?
Tristan: Because in the future, card games will be played on motorbikes.
Yugi: That is the stupidest thing that's ever come out of your mouth. Card games on motorbikes... come on!

LittleKuriboh: [you gotta be sh***ing me]

Youkai

Demon
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
this looks like it will be freakin hard to play ...

i don't think i can drive and play yugioh the same time ... how the hell am i supposed to read card effects when i need to concentrate on driving ?

P.S. why is it XXXX ? wrong packed again or not working ?
oh and any infos about language ? so does this have multi lang as well like the DS version or only japanese ?

soliunasm

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Youkai said:
this looks like it will be freakin hard to play ...

i don't think i can drive and play yugioh the same time ... how the hell am i supposed to read card effects when i need to concentrate on driving ?

P.S. why is it XXXX ? wrong packed again or not working ?
oh and any infos about language ? so does this have multi lang as well like the DS version or only japanese ?
Most Japanese releases are XXXX because the dumpers use WiiScrubber to lower the filesize.

Or something to that extent.

Swifty69

Trophies
XP
Country
What in the world were the creators thinking ?

This game is going to be a flop i can see it already.

There are not enough 5 year olds in the world obsessed with motorbikes and crazy creatures so the games fanbase is already withering away.

garet12

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Gambia, The
But seriously what the hell happened to yugioh Oo i mean first you had this card battle thing with monsters appearing which was pretty weird but ok. And now card battle on motor bikes ? hell i never could imagine that they would go THAT far
blink.gif

RPG Hacker

Trophies
Website
rpg-hacker.de
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Ah, common! What are you complaining about? If Nintendo characters decide to sit in karts and race each other NOONE complains. But if it's Yu-Gi-Oh! characters everyone does. I mean of course I'd also prefer a card game. But only because this is a spin-off doesn't mean it is bad.

copy_zero

Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
well,since it was dumped, I tried it and it is quite fun.
During a race, you can summon a monster that attacks either with a spread; a powerful, single blow or a rapid-fire wave (you don't get to chose).
The spells and traps are used as the itmes in games like Mario Kart, except traps must be set, just like the normal card game.
To do each of these actions, you need speed counters (obviously) and action points, that are floating orbs on the course.
To get more cards from your 15 card deck (no, this is not a typo), you just get them as you would get an item on Mario Kart: run into the card icon on the courses.
Also, lifepoints still play a role on this one, just a smaller one: when you are hit by an attack and you don't have a monster, you will get LP damage, when it reaches 0, you will stop for a while before being able to get back to the race.
Back to the monsters, you can't switch them from attack or defense mode. Both stats are active now: Attack is how much damage the monster does, Defense is an HP bar.
And, obviously, the one who gets to the goal first, wins.

EDIT: There are 3 modes in this game: Story (which follows 5D's story), Gran Prix (aka Championship mode) and free race mode.

Youkai

Demon
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
wtf well after that description from zero i think i am not even gonna download and especially not buying it...

first i thaught this might actually be good ...
I was rather happy that i heard its not like the NGC game which sucked very bad in my opinion (wanted a card game and got some shit which had nothing to do with yugioh -.-)
and now i thaught you might drive one round and than auto pilot does exactly what you did while you do speed duell -.-V
i don't care if a can summon a monster that randomly does attacks and get spells like weapons in mario kart ...

if i want this i can play mario kart or didi kong racing or whatever ... i totaly dislike racing games -.-V

xshinox

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Swifty69 said:
I think they have tried to take the Yugioh series to a whole new level, yet failed miserably.
actually, 5D's is doing pretty good in japan. dunno if this game will in japan.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I'll reformat and have a 3tb raid0 m. 2 at least
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Lmao that sold out fast
    +1
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Yeet the cat.
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Good idea
    +1
  • The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye:
    i thought everybody knew cocktails are like 75% ice
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Yeah but not like this.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    It's not like they're complaining that their Slurpee is 99% ice or something, but if the cocktail calls for "shot of vodka, shot of vermouth, shot of gin, shot of Campari, three shots of juice, squirt of lemon" and ends up being a thimbleful of booze, that's a problem.
    the funny thing is cocktails in norway are only allowed to have 1 20ml shot of booze
    so..... yeah
    we're used to only having a thimbleful of booze
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Booo.
    same thing if you want whisky on the rocks or something, you can't get a double
    but you could buy as many shots of whisky (or anything else) as you want and ask for a glass of ice and pour them in
    it's dumb
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Maybe.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    There was a comparison of the number of Ibuprofen poisonings before and after they limited the maximum dosage per box or per pill (i'll look that up). No limit on the number of boxes you can still buy as many as you want, so people argued it was pointless.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    But the number of (accidental) poisonings dropped because drinking an entire package of ibuprofen pills went from "I need a new liver" to "I need a new box of Ibuprofen".
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Here we have ketoprofen that used to be prescription-only because of the risk of toxic dosages, but then they halved the dose per pill and sell them in bottles of six pills apiece instead of twenty and it doesn't need a prescription any more. Yes you can buy more than one bottle but people simply don't.
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    Usually accidentally overdose of ibuprofen here is from people taking like cold medicine then ibuprofen for a headache and the combination is over what they need
    Veho @ Veho: https://imgur.com/gallery/QQkYnQu