Wii #XXXX - Metroid: Other M (USA)

marcysashes

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Heres the problem im having guys.

Im having the babys cry freezing problem, but i have a mac, and dont know of anymac programs that can convert iso to wbfs, or even move a wbfs file onto my hdd for that matter. help?

CarbonX13

GBAtemp 台灣人
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Taiwan
Alright, the game is working perfectly for me. Great game so far, though not digging the controls at the moment.

I'm on:
cIOS249 rev17 (base IOS36)
Configurable USB Loader v57 with Anti-002 Enabled

Dunno if there was a success story on this setting yet, but I never saw any with cIOS on base IOS36 yet...

moosehunter

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
brainwabrain said:
Thanks dude!!! The why the screen responded I thought there was a bug.

I owe you a steak
yaywii.gif
There was a bug. You just had to scan it.

D

Deleted_171835

marcysashes said:
Heres the problem im having guys.

Im having the babys cry freezing problem, but i have a mac, and dont know of anymac programs that can convert iso to wbfs, or even move a wbfs file onto my hdd for that matter. help?
You don't convert .iso's to "wbfs".
WBFS is a file system. You format the HDD with WBFS using WBFS for MacOS X 1.2.
You then move the .iso to the formatted HDD.

Fix the baby cry problem by updating to cIOSX rev19 or 20.

berlinka

You have sustained a lethal injury.
Trophies
Website
www.berlinka.blogspot.com
XP
Country
Netherlands
Szalkow said:
berlinka said:
koops said:
if u look closely u can see some critters walking around.. look at them and you'll face a damn hard boss (damn u Team Ninja
cry.gif
)
I think I just encountered that damn hard boss you were talking about. I tried for hours to shoot those wasplike creatures and got to the second part where they all spit loads of goo balls and I have to dodge like crazy and destroy that "beak" thing.... I just can't manage it. Can somebody please tell me how to crack this mother???
Diffusion Charge Beam = anti-bug shotgun. Use it to clear out the fliers, and then when you've got some breathing room switch to first-person and give it some missiles. I died the first time I tried it but only got hit once the second time (Samus ninja dodging ftw).
Thanks! I'm going to give it a try. Cheers mate.

Teep

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
That's the second music related complaint I've heard... I find that really hard to fathom considering some of the names that were working on the soundtrack. O.o

heat6jones

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
man this game is confusing i keep getting lost. i'm too accustomed to the current gen follow the checkpoint style games.

Myke

so tasty!
Trophies
Website
www.facebook.com
XP
Country
United States
the_Predator said:
That's the second music related complaint I've heard... I find that really hard to fathom considering some of the names that were working on the soundtrack. O.o

I'm trying to figure out if I have a bad dump or not. The ambient sounds are top notch. and the few scores I have heard are nice, but a little underwhelming (that's ingame scores, the cutscene music is great). It almost feels like something is missing in the audio department to me.

loash

Trophies
XP
Country
i finaly got the game to go past the baby cry cutscene by using wiiscrubber to remove the update partition and setting 002 fix on in cfgloader. but 40 minutes into the game, when investigating sector 1, it goes to a cutscene in the jungle hallway and for some reason it goes into first person mode and never advances. it feels like anti-piracy protection or something cause it abruptly ends the cutscene into first person mode when it doesnt feel like its suppose to happen.

nevermind, i just saw a playthrough video on youtube and i didnt scan something. i feel stupid...there's really no AP on this, right? figures that i would get stuck on a metroid game and assume it was anti-piracy

Myke

so tasty!
Trophies
Website
www.facebook.com
XP
Country
United States
loash said:
i finaly got the game to go past the baby cry cutscene by using wiiscrubber to remove the update partition and setting 002 fix on in cfgloader. but 40 minutes into the game, when investigating sector 1, it goes to a cutscene in the jungle hallway and for some reason it goes into first person mode and never advances. it feels like anti-piracy protection or something cause it abruptly ends the cutscene into first person mode when it doesnt feel like its suppose to happen.

no it's not protection. you just need to scan something to keep the game going. Sometimes it's frustrating cuz it's hard to find. I'm, not sure where you are at in the game. most likely it's the dead corpse with a federation logo on his suit, or a small bug that you really don't see unless you pay close attention. You pointer turns red when you hover it over the thing you have to scan.

mopete27

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hakoda said:
bceagles said:
Uh, Update Removed is a good thing, right?

I usually associate "nuke" with "bad".
I guess you can see it as the uploader doing us a favor but but the official rules request a full untouched iso in order to qualify for a proper release.

Yup good for us, no-no to the scene. I guess that goes for any scene rip really.

heat6jones

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
scene rips in most scenes have been a joke for a long time. all i know is i'm playing metroid other m and it's not thanks to any scene.

Teep

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well, that didn't work out well, Disc ID ERR1252 when trying to boot. Any help?

EDIT: 1208 in beta 44. Gonna try updating cIOS.

heat6jones

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
this game is so frustrating. no boss tips? i'm fighting this thing that flys around shooting pink lasers and with no boss health bar or no boss tips, theres' no way to figure out what does and doesn't work against it.

edit: i beat the boss and die during the tutorial for a reward afterward. after death i get to fight the boss again... terrible design

Giga_Gaia

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Does the game work if you just burn it normally and boot it with the dvd drive (With a wiikey)?

PS: Heat6Jones, why aren't you on irc anymore?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • Veho @ Veho:
    It's not a Nintendo / iQue official product, it's a 3rd party custom.
    +1
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Nothing special about it other than it's more comfortable than the Lite
    for people with beefy hands.
    +1
  • Jayro @ Jayro:
    I have yaoi anime hands, very lorge but slender.
  • Jayro @ Jayro:
    I'm Slenderman.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    I have hands.
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    imagine not having hands, cringe
    +1
  • AncientBoi @ AncientBoi:
    ESPECIALLY for things I do to myself :sad:.. :tpi::rofl2: Or others :shy::blush::evil:
    +1
  • The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye:
    @SylverReZ if you could find a v5 DS ML you would have the best of both worlds since the v5 units had the same backlight brightness levels as the DS Lite unlockable with flashme
    but that's a long shot
    i think only the red mario kart edition phat was v5
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    A woman with no arms and no legs was sitting on a beach. A man comes along and the woman says, "I've never been hugged before." So the man feels bad and hugs her. She says "Well i've also never been kissed before." So he gives her a kiss on the cheek. She says "Well I've also never been fucked before." So the man picks her up, and throws her in the ocean and says "Now you're fucked."
    +2
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    lmao
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    anyways, we need to re-normalize physical media

if i didn't want my games to be permanent, then i'd rent them
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Agreed, that why I try to buy all my games on disc, Xbox anyways. Switch games (which I pirate tbh) don't matter much, I stay offline 24/7 anyways.
    I don't pirate them, I Use Them :mellow:. Like I do @BigOnYa 's couch :tpi::evil::rofl2:
    +1
  • cearp @ cearp:
    @BakerMan - you can still "own" digital media, arguably easier and better than physical since you can make copies and backups, as much as you like.

The issue is DRM
  • cearp @ cearp:
    You can buy drm free games / music / ebooks, and if you keep backups of your data (like documents and family photos etc), then you shouldn't lose the game. but with a disk, your toddler could put it in the toaster and there goes your $60

:rofl2:
  • cearp @ cearp:
    still, I agree physical media is nice to have. just pointing out the issue is drm
  • rqkaiju2 @ rqkaiju2:
    i like physical media because it actually feels like you own it. thats why i plan on burning music to cds
  • cearp @ cearp:
    It's nice to not have to have a lot of physical things though, saves space
    +1
    Nor clothes 🤮 . Saves on time, soap, water and money having to wash them. :D
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @rqkaiju2, Physical media is a great source for archiving your data, none of that cloud storage shiz.
    +1
    [squeezes @SylverReZ onto a physical media, then archives you in my old stuff box] :tpi::rofl2::tpi:
    +1
    AncientBoi @ AncientBoi: [squeezes @SylverReZ onto a physical media, then archives you in my old stuff box]... +1