Wii #XXXX - Metroid: Other M *Bad dump* (USA)

Status
Not open for further replies.

generalm

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
i have come to a "temporary" conclusion that the "Proper" Release is NOT proper it hangs on EVERY Homebrew USB Loader on the Baby's Cry part
Trying the XXXX IND version after i download it to see if it hangs on that one too

shaunj66

GBAtemp Administrator
Administrator
Trophies
Website
www.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United Kingdom
generalm said:
i have come to a "temporary" conclusion that the "Proper" Release is NOT proper it hangs on EVERY Homebrew USB Loader on the Baby's Cry part
Trying the XXXX IND version after i download it to see if it hangs on that one too
I agree completely. I'm using the iND release and so far it's working fine on CFG loader 223.

generalm

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
XLarge said:
Wow, this game is really underrated! G4 gave it a 2/5
ohnoes.png
!

Might be a spoiler in here so i'll mask it
i only played the tutorial so far (and a small bit of the first sector on an emulator) and i found 2 things i kinda dislike. all weapons so far seem to be "disabled untill allowed" and the scanning is only done to progress the story AKA no fance lorebook
frown.gif

but besides that, SHIT i LOVED messing with that Space Pirate in the Tutorial and i am as WELL gonna give that purple thing a good whooping when i get to him if i find a ISO that gets past the freaking Baby's Cry Cutscene, because i think it's the ISO, not the IOS's Loaders OR the update Partition

i fucking hate it when people don't use these, i allready read something in an unrelated forum which kinda ruined a small part for me..

MASSIVE SPOILER BELOW:
Ridley's back
tongue.gif

generalm

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
shaunj66 said:
I agree completely. I'm using the iND release and so far it's working fine on CFG loader 223.

Nuke anyone? XD for the "Proper" release i mean
tongue.gif

or like a scottish gnome would say: Proper? me ARSE
tongue.gif
(or something like that) sorry i'm in a silly mood, just because i think i completed that freaking tut 20 times today to fiddle with settings and loaders and cIOSes
getting tired thinking about it
IND release download is not done for a good hour, will catch a small nap, test it when i wake and report back here with either an AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH or an YAY!!!!!!!!!!!!
tongue.gif
depending on the result

dreid

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
sorry for the little OT, but do you know if there will be a DVD5 version?

the SD drive of my Wii is broken so I can't install any homebrew anymore, the only choiches I have are launching the game from an old backup loader or the disc channel

and my Wii does not read the DL disc
frown.gif

do you know about something I can do to play this game?

generalm

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
dreid said:
sorry for the little OT, but do you know if there will be a DVD5 version?

the SD drive of my Wii is broken so I can't install any homebrew anymore, the only choiches I have are launching the game from an old backup loader or the disc channel

and my Wii does not read the DL disc
frown.gif

do you know about something I can do to play this game?

i DOUBT there will MAYBE if someone cuts out ALL the cut scenes but WTF would a Metroid game be without cut scenes with sexy Samus
biggrin.gif

if you don't want cut scenes in a Metroid game you're NOT even a fan
tongue.gif
shoo!
tongue.gif

ow and for the record i am PISSED OFF: freaking topic to help people solve the baby's cry hang has spoiled 3 fucking things for me, the next person that posts a spoiler without a spoiler tag will be hung from his balls
mad.gif
mad.gif
mad.gif
mad.gif
mad.gif
mad.gif
mad.gif
mad.gif
mad.gif
mad.gif
mad.gif
mad.gif
mad.gif

i haven't even got past the tutorial part properly and i already had like 2 mayor spoilers in my face i couldn't read around

i warn ONCE again THESE spoilers are EPIC ones, they ruined the game a bit for me. READ AT YOUR OWN RISK
1. Ridley is in the game
and
2. apparently there is a QUEEN Metroid in the game too! which means there are Metroid too...

XLarge

Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
generalm said:
XLarge said:
Wow, this game is really underrated! G4 gave it a 2/5
ohnoes.png
!

Might be a spoiler in here so i'll mask it
i only played the tutorial so far (and a small bit of the first sector on an emulator) and i found 2 things i kinda dislike. all weapons so far seem to be "disabled untill allowed" and the scanning is only done to progress the story AKA no fance lorebook
frown.gif

but besides that, SHIT i LOVED messing with that Space Pirate in the Tutorial and i am as WELL gonna give that purple thing a good whooping when i get to him if i find a ISO that gets past the freaking Baby's Cry Cutscene, because i think it's the ISO, not the IOS's Loaders OR the update Partition

i fucking hate it when people don't use these, i allready read something in an unrelated forum which kinda ruined a small part for me..

MASSIVE SPOILER BELOW:
Ridley's back
tongue.gif
hahaha no shit he's back! You can see him in the trailer!

generalm

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
yeah but at least have the decency to use spoiler tags, some people might not have SEEN the trailer (i know i know i HAVE but yeah) it Still is a spoiler to me i didnt wanna read

gonna take a quick nap i am tired.

generalm

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
w00t Nuke spam! bring on the Banhammer and the Lock and Key for the thread! problem solved, or better yet TRASHCAN!

Guild McCommunist

(not on boat)
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
florian said:
swift22 said:
Why nuked? Just use hermes 222 instead of 249 and it will work fine, just like MH3.

not working dude for many guys wait a dvd 5 other release are nuked

Nuked releases aren't always broken. It usually just means it's missing some data and isn't full. In this case it wasn't major and the game is fine. Release groups want to make sure their releases are perfect. I still played through Call of Duty 4's nuked release by just using the disc eject trick.

dreid

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
nIxx said:
you can still send dol files over wifi
wink.gif

And unless the video or whatever are ripped you can´t get the game on a DVD5
you're right, I forgot about it

thanks!
biggrin.gif