Wii #XXXX - Metroid: Other M *Bad dump* (USA)

Status
Not open for further replies.

AMPonzi

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Not if they're filled with garbage data which most of them seem to be... and not only that, but it's possible that the files on the disc themselves are already compressed on most Wii games. I looked at Madden 11 and it's only 1.8GB of actual data. So the rest is random garbage.

Time will tell. I only have 6 more DL discs left so if this doesn't work, I wait for another proper.

Szalkow

RawkSD Cheerleader
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I was under the impression that the game was dual-layer due to the large space consumption of the hours of pre-rendered cutscenes. I am very surprised that this group claims the game fits in 2.8 GB.

AMPonzi

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I have a Wiikey with 1.99 beta installed and it updated the system fine. But, when it restarted, whenever I inserted the disc, after it read the Wii Remote would just lockup and not do anything and the disc channel wouldn't show anything. I'm running it in Gecko OS just fine though. Weird. Don't know if it gets past the known freezing point, will find out though.

generalm

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
AMPonzi said:
I have a Wiikey with 1.99 beta installed and it updated the system fine. But, when it restarted, whenever I inserted the disc, after it read the Wii Remote would just lockup and not do anything and the disc channel wouldn't show anything. I'm running it in Gecko OS just fine though. Weird. Don't know if it gets past the known freezing point, will find out though.

updating ur wii with a modchip in it is a good way to break your discdrive (happened to mine)

I hope this release works on my wii, the iind release kept giving me a Error Occured, Eject Disc and restart wii screen before the game even started (as IF it was looking for my Wii's discdrive (which is broken)
Also when i ran it in Dolphin, the Bloom effects were overwhelming, couldnt see normally

BigNastyCurve

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
generalm said:
AMPonzi said:

updating ur wii with a modchip in it is a good way to break your discdrive (happened to mine)

I hope this release works on my wii, the iind release kept giving me a Error Occured, Eject Disc and restart wii screen before the game even started (as IF it was looking for my Wii's discdrive (which is broken)

lol no

D

Deleted_171835

AMPonzi said:
probably best to wait for another proper at this point.
Another PROPER?
There is not going to be another PROPER. This was released correctly.

Guild McCommunist

(not on boat)
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Dean333 said:
AMPonzi said:
Well, it locked up on me during one of the early cutscenes... probably best to wait for another proper at this point.
What cutscene ??

Probably Baby's Cry like EVERYONE says. It's not a problem with the dump, you're just not using the correct loader or cIOS.

Worked fine for me with USB Loader GX (latest version), Hermes cIOS (v5 I think) 222. Played through the entire game. This was with the "nuked" release.

generalm

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
BigNastyCurve said:
generalm said:
AMPonzi said:

lol no

then you explain why my discchannel STOPPED working after i updated to 4.1?
and why it NOW gives Errors as soon as i put a disc in (Error Occured, please remove disc etc) and i am not talking about illegal discs i am talking Pure legit discs

psykopat

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Netherlands
Also, if you look at the files inside the data partition, you'll see that the game is splitted in little files numbered from 0 to... hmm a quite big number
wink2.gif

So in the worst case, if these files are dumped in a certain order, and also read by the wii in the exact same order, you'll maybe not meet a single freeze before the middle of the game. Then, the following files (normally present on the second layer, but not dumped in this game i assume) will try to be accessed by the wii, and the console could freeze.

We need someone to beat the game with this dump to confirm ^^
or.. someone who already beat it in the previous iND dump, who will try to load his savegames on that dump...

For me, the iND release could be a full and complete dump. Not this one. We just need a redump to be sure but all seems complete in it.

taktularCBo

Trophies
XP
Country
France
generalm said:
AMPonzi said:

lol
rofl.gif
rofl.gif
rofl.gif
ure completely wrong with modchips nothing can happen, just softmodders may brick their wii while updating an old config, ure the first hardmodder braking his drive while updating, congrats. million of people are updating and never something happend, at least never with wiikey one and two, wasabi, wode etc. u broke ur harddrive with something else

generalm

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Satangel said:
Hopefully we see a PAL release one of these days. Not really looking forward to playing it, never liked Metroid or Metroid Prime that much.

lemme ask you this, WHY do you post here if you don't like metroid anyway?

Dean333

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Guild McCommunist said:
Dean333 said:
AMPonzi said:
Well, it locked up on me during one of the early cutscenes... probably best to wait for another proper at this point.
What cutscene ??

Probably Baby's Cry like EVERYONE says. It's not a problem with the dump, you're just not using the correct loader or cIOS.

Worked fine for me with USB Loader GX (latest version), Hermes cIOS (v5 I think) 222. Played through the entire game. This was with the "nuked" release.

Ya, everything as been working fine for me with NUKED and this release. Using the same mods as you (I Think).

generalm

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
taktularCBo said:
generalm said:
AMPonzi said:

lol ure completely wrong with modchips nothing can happen, just softmodders may brick their wii while updating an old config, ure the first hardmodder braking his drive while updating, congrats

i doubt i am the first, others are just too "scared" to admit it
tongue.gif

and i had a Wiikey too latest firmware and everything.
and the only softmod i had was HBC before the drive broke

"whenever I inserted the disc, after it read the Wii Remote would just lockup and not do anything and the disc channel wouldn't show anything. I'm running it in Gecko OS just fine though." EXACTLY what happened to me too
and after a while my Discdrive stopped working completely

taktularCBo

Trophies
XP
Country
France
generalm said:
taktularCBo said:
generalm said:
AMPonzi said:

lol ure completely wrong with modchips nothing can happen, just softmodders may brick their wii while updating an old config, ure the first hardmodder braking his drive while updating, congrats

i doubt i am the first, others are just too "scared" to admit it
tongue.gif

and i had a Wiikey too latest firmware and everything.
and the only softmod i had was HBC before the drive broke

"whenever I inserted the disc, after it read the Wii Remote would just lockup and not do anything and the disc channel wouldn't show anything. I'm running it in Gecko OS just fine though." EXACTLY what happened to me too
and after a while my Discdrive stopped working completely
probably the softmod broke ur drive never the modchip
rolleyes.gif
just open ur wii and check all connection to the drive. whatever it was, its not the modchip, as it has no real possibility to give instruction to the drive and while update its doing nothing,
tongue.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Skelletonike @ Skelletonike: Welp, already have 40h in Stellar Blade and dying to home and put some more.