Gaming Wii worth the money?

iSneeze

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
Empoleom said:
@isneeze: but you can't compare ps3/xbox 360 with wii, both have games with "adrenaline" and "good graphics", but both have diferent games, some are betters then others, they both complement itself.
a true gamer would want to play both systems

There's no adrenaline in saving princess peach in Mario galaxy, it's just fun because it has a nice story. Black ops on the other hand brings real adrenaline. That orgasmic hype of getting a 10 kill streak while playing online is like no other :').

ShadowSoldier

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
iSneeze said:
Empoleom said:
@isneeze: but you can't compare ps3/xbox 360 with wii, both have games with "adrenaline" and "good graphics", but both have diferent games, some are betters then others, they both complement itself.

There's no adrenaline in saving princess peach in Mario galaxy, it's just fun because it has a nice story. Black ops on the other hand brings real adrenaline. That orgasmic hype of getting a 10 kill streak while playing online is like no other :').

Nice story? Dude, Mario games has one of the worst stories in gaming history. It's the level design that makes it fun. And nobody was talking about Mario Galaxy, as that's not the only game the Wii has.

Also, CoD hasn't brought anything new to the Genre. Let's look at it like this:

Doom/Wolfenstein = FPS on home consoles.
Goldeneye = Aiming
Halo = Regenerating Health/Armor.
Modern Warfare = XP/RPG type in an FPS.

All other CoD's don't bring anything new and it's just all rehash.

Also, we all know that next year when they bring out Call of Duty whatever, people will forget about Black Ops just like they did Modern Warfare, Modern Warfare 2, and that other shitty treyarch game.

Hell, Mario 64 came out in what.. '96? And people still consider that one of the best games ever. Same with Ocarina of Time. Adrenaline doesn't make a memorable game. I'd rather play Mario Galaxy and have a very memorable experience over Call of Duty which has a forgettable experience, any day of the week.

iSneeze

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
ShadowSoldier said:
Nice story? Dude, Mario games has one of the worst stories in gaming history. It's the level design that makes it fun. And nobody was talking about Mario Galaxy, as that's not the only game the Wii has.

Goldeneye = Aiming

Also, we all know that next year when they bring out Call of Duty whatever, people will forget about Black Ops just like they did Modern Warfare, Modern Warfare 2, and that other shitty treyarch game.

Hell, Mario 64 came out in what.. '96? And people still consider that one of the best games ever. Same with Ocarina of Time. Adrenaline doesn't make a memorable game. I'd rather play Mario Galaxy and have a very memorable experience over Call of Duty which has a forgettable experience, any day of the week.

Lmao just because you forgot about the previous CoD's doesn't mean the rest of the world has, besides I was expressing my OWN opinions, having grown up playing mario on the N64, I enjoy the repetitive story of saving peach EVERY SINGLE TIME in EVERY SINGLE GAME. And it doesn't matter what CoD brings new into the gaming genre. I bought BlackOps, I enjoyed it and still do there for it's a good game. I'm not going to judge it on whether "it brought something new to the genre". Hell! What do I look like a jury deciding on who to give the "CREATIVE" award to? I'm a consumer and I judge my games from a consumer point of view, for me those would factors like how fun they are to play, or how exciting it is to finally come home after a long day out and get to play some, or even how mind-blowingly real the graphics are on this game. It's these little minor things that make a difference for me. I don't give a flying fuck about how much they sold, earned, what records they broke or whether they made history or not.

BobTheJoeBob

The most optimistic person on the temp. :)
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
ShadowSoldier said:
iSneeze said:
Empoleom said:

Goldeneye = Aiming

Ever heard of Nazi zombies? And I hate regenerating health and armor. I think it was a stupid addition.

DeathStrudel

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
trumpet-205 said:
Wii's graphics are pretty impressive even without HD.
lol, ye rite

but graphics aren't everything and imo the best games for wii are better than the best games for other consoles, so overall a worthwhile purchase, especially if you mod it and get a hard drive for it. I used to get wii's, mod them, and then sell them to dumbasses that thought i was doing something ridiculously difficult
rofl.gif

ShadowSoldier

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
BobTheJoeBob said:
Ever heard of Nazi zombies? And I hate regenerating health and armor. I think it was a stupid addition.

Except it's been done before,,, and better. But you know, I could not remember the name of that game that brought it in. I know it had something to do with WW2, but for the life of me I just can't remember it.. little help?

QUOTEhow mind-blowingly real the graphics are on this game. It's these little minor things that make a difference for me.

If anybody was to go back and read your posts, you don't talk as if the graphics are "minor". You praise the shit out of them.

But still, it worries me that today's gamers, yourself included, are so butthurt if a games graphics aren't realistic..

iSneeze

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
ShadowSoldier said:
QUOTE said:
how mind-blowingly real the graphics are on this game. It's these little minor things that make a difference for me.

If anybody was to go back and read your posts, you don't talk as if the graphics are "minor". You praise the shit out of them.

But still, it worries me that today's gamers, yourself included, are so butthurt if a games graphics aren't realistic..

You don't have to be worried over people's personal preferences. It's just a matter of taste.

Hielkenator

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
iSneeze said:
ShadowSoldier said:

Goldeneye = Aiming

Lmao just because you forgot about the previous CoD's doesn't mean the rest of the world has, besides I was expressing my OWN opinions, having grown up playing mario on the N64, I enjoy the repetitive story of saving peach EVERY SINGLE TIME in EVERY SINGLE GAME. And it doesn't matter what CoD brings new into the gaming genre. I bought BlackOps, I enjoyed it and still do there for it's a good game. I'm not going to judge it on whether "it brought something new to the genre". Hell! What do I look like a jury deciding on who to give the "CREATIVE" award to? I'm a consumer and I judge my games from a consumer point of view, for me those would factors like how fun they are to play, or how exciting it is to finally come home after a long day out and get to play some, or even how mind-blowingly real the graphics are on this game. It's these little minor things that make a difference for me. I don't give a flying fuck about how much they sold, earned, what records they broke or whether they made history or not.

You obviously have no enjoyment in playing games....Graphic junkie.
Damn do you have bad taste.

You probably never ever saved the princess in a Mario game....It's fucking HARD. It gives you very much adrenaline, the kind that makes your hard thump harder...
I do not get hyped over my 10 streak kill...it happens every time i play the damn game..over and over again.

Besides For a REAL multiplayer shooter, try UT '99 or 2004 on the PC. Much ,Much better thanthat crappy COD game everybody has because of the ( allready dated ) graphics.
It's just like all the football games, every year a new game...but the rules off soccer never ever change...
Or even better , quit school, sell your games and join the army.Since you like that sort of things so much. They have the BEST graphics you've ever seen...very real.

rockstar99

Hi
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Hielkenator said:
iSneeze said:
ShadowSoldier said:

Goldeneye = Aiming

You probably never ever saved the princess in a Mario game....It's fucking HARD. It gives you very much adrenaline, the kind that makes your hard thump harder...
I do not get hyped over my 10 streak kill...it happens every time i play the damn game..over and over again.

Besides For a REAL multiplayer shooter, try UT '99 or 2004 on the PC. Much ,Much better thanthat crappy COD game everybody has because of the ( allready dated ) graphics.
It's just like all the football games, every year a new game...but the rules off soccer never ever change...
Or even better , quit school, sell your games and join the army.Since you like that sort of things so much. They have the BEST graphics you've ever seen...very real.
Actually soccer games do add new features that were never in soccer games before which add to the experience

Empoleom

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
iSneeze said:
Black ops on the other hand brings real adrenaline. That orgasmic hype of getting a 10 kill streak while playing online is like no other :').
seriosly beating bosses in no more heroes and final fantasy IV: the after years has more adrenaline than killing random people online

Hielkenator

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Rockstar said:
Hielkenator said:
iSneeze said:
ShadowSoldier said:

Goldeneye = Aiming

Actually soccer games do add new features that were never in soccer games before which add to the experience

No they do not. The rules of soccer NEVER change. Offside is still offside etc. The only thing that is changed is the cover and the graphics....

Posts merged

QUOTE(Empoleom @ Dec 28 2010, 03:32 PM)
QUOTE(iSneeze @ Dec 28 2010, 11:13 AM)
Black ops on the other hand brings real adrenaline. That orgasmic hype of getting a 10 kill streak while playing online is like no other :').
seriosly beating bosses in no more heroes and final fantasy IV: the after years has more adrenaline than killing random people online

Yep!

Guild McCommunist

(not on boat)
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
DeathStrudel said:
trumpet-205 said:
lol, ye rite

but graphics aren't everything and imo the best games for wii are better than the best games for other consoles, so overall a worthwhile purchase, especially if you mod it and get a hard drive for it.

Well the game does have rather impressive graphics sometimes. I mean it won't stack up to Red Dead Redemption (which I feel at this point is the best looking game on home consoles), but Super Mario Galaxy was quite an eye pleaser. Probably most recently I played Silent Hill: Shattered Memories and that was also very impressive looking, like on a Xbox 360 level of graphics.

And I'd probably say a Wii is worth the investment for its ease of piracy. Honestly of all the games I've bought for a Wii, I find many of them outlast their retail price simply because they're not worth playing much. I mean I can play a good game for 6 hours but then never pick it up again. That was the case with many of the games I pirated. Wii's are still pretty cheap though and for the price of a Wii and a decent sized hard drive, it'll probably be the same as a brand new Xbox 360 (like $300). And that'll pretty much take care of all you'll need outside of accessories (WM+ are like $20 a piece though and you don't really need Wii Speak, a Wii Fit, or anything else if you're more of a "hardcore" gamer than a casual one.

Although you'll probably want to buy at least MadWorld, No More Heroes, and No More Heroes 2 (although it's a lot worse than the first) to support devs. I did at least.

emigre

Deck head
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Hielkenator said:
Rockstar said:
Hielkenator said:
iSneeze said:
ShadowSoldier said:

Goldeneye = Aiming

No they do not. The rules of soccer NEVER change. Offside is still offside etc. The only thing that is changed is the cover and the graphics....

Yep!

Actually they do. If I compare Fifa 99 to Fifa 09 than there's a clear development such as adding extra depth to passing and shooting which improves gameplay significantly.

DeathStrudel

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Guild McCommunist said:
DeathStrudel said:
trumpet-205 said:
lol, ye rite

but graphics aren't everything and imo the best games for wii are better than the best games for other consoles, so overall a worthwhile purchase, especially if you mod it and get a hard drive for it.

Well the game does have rather impressive graphics sometimes. I mean it won't stack up to Red Dead Redemption (which I feel at this point is the best looking game on home consoles), but Super Mario Galaxy was quite an eye pleaser. Probably most recently I played Silent Hill: Shattered Memories and that was also very impressive looking, like on a Xbox 360 level of graphics.

And I'd probably say a Wii is worth the investment for its ease of piracy. Honestly of all the games I've bought for a Wii, I find many of them outlast their retail price simply because they're not worth playing much. I mean I can play a good game for 6 hours but then never pick it up again. That was the case with many of the games I pirated. Wii's are still pretty cheap though and for the price of a Wii and a decent sized hard drive, it'll probably be the same as a brand new Xbox 360 (like $300). And that'll pretty much take care of all you'll need outside of accessories (WM+ are like $20 a piece though and you don't really need Wii Speak, a Wii Fit, or anything else if you're more of a "hardcore" gamer than a casual one.

Although you'll probably want to buy at least MadWorld, No More Heroes, and No More Heroes 2 (although it's a lot worse than the first) to support devs. I did at least.
i meant in general but you're right, some of the games have pretty badass graphics. and it's funny you mention those three games as ones to buy b/c those are pretty much the only games i've actually bought for my wii
wink.gif

Hielkenator

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
QUOTE said:
Actually they do. If I compare Fifa 99 to Fifa 09 than there's a clear development such as adding extra depth to passing and shooting which improves gameplay significantly.

You REALLY don't get it do you?

What is the goal in the game? SCORE
With what? A BALL
With 11 people.

Gameplay NEVER changes because you can pass differently!
Just to illustrate:

For Wii:
Fifa 09
Fifa 10
Fifa 11
Worldcup south africa
PES 08
PES 09
PES 10
PES 11

Fuck footy games. They are just for money making.

Satangel

BEAST
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
Fifa has changed a lot, I agree the changes of this version and the 2010 version are minimal though. But why would they change anything, the series sell so much, even without change!

Some changes with a version of 5 years ago: online tourneys, Be A Pro modus, a lot more tricks, 360 degree dribbling, different control schemes, ....

emigre

Deck head
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Actually I don't think you're the one who gets it. If you can pass the ball differently than the gameplay has changed. Previously you could only just tap one button to pass, now there are several different ways to do it. That's how the gameplay has evolved.

Satangel

BEAST
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
Hielkenator said:
QUOTE said:

You REALLY don't get it do you?

What is the goal in the game? SCORE
With what? A BALL
With 11 people.

Gameplay NEVER changes because you can pass differently!
Just to illustrate:

For Wii:
Fifa 09
Fifa 10
Fifa 11
Worldcup south africa
PES 08
PES 09
PES 10
PES 11

Fuck footy games. They are just for money making.

The whole gaming industry is to make money, what else?
They make tons of money and pure profit out of Fifa every year, why would they change?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://youtu.be/6LyU76xArHc?si=_RDZgB1jHfKrZAiz