Hardware Wii won't Load after D2C vs. Cat

zombie00x

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
OK, so I was almost done with the install, and looking good until my cat decided to jump up at just the right time shoving my arm and the iron into the D2C chip smashing several pins. I got it fixed about as well as it can be I think. I did lose two pads on the wii board, 12 and 15 (assuming D2Pro pins F goes to 9, E-10, etc.). The only reason I think it has a chance to survive is that there are no visible traces from these leads and no vias near them on the underside of the board. So, assuming they don't have to be connected to anything, it should be salvageable.

The problem though is the drive will not load a disc.
I found the thread about jumping the insert/eject motor fuse, but I have 12V to common on both sides of it, so it's fine, and the other micro smd fuse near it, has 5V on each side... of course I can't be that lucky.

System boots and gets to channel screen fine, but won't pull in a disc.
The red and blue LEDs on the D2Pro blink back and forth somewhat randomly to make you think it's trying to do something.

Other than throwing the cat out the front door, does anyone have any suggestions to what could cause this "no load" problem?
Do the blinking lights on the D2Pro mean it's installed correctly, or just that it has power?

Thanks in advance.

zombie00x

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
OK, assuming no one has replied because I am screwed...

Where is the cheapest place to get a replacement DVD drive for a D2C Wii?

pootman

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Sorry to ask the bleeding obvious, but have you tried removing the d2pro and checking that the drive still works? (before you shell out for a new one).

ps. I installed a wasabi for someone, but in the process of closing up the wii the 3v line got knocked off (hands up, that was my bad solder). The Wii did the same as yours, powered up fine, but refused to load or eject discs. Have you checked the connections to the d2pro?

zombie00x

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Sorry, I should have mentioned that. I did desolder all of the D2Pro wires and it still does the same thing.

Is anyone really familiar with the D2Pro as far as the blinking lights on it? It's blinking back and forth red/blue, so I the drive seems only slightly broken.

2 or 3 of the middle section of about 7 pins on the D2C chip are the problem. Hell, if I could find a schematic for the PCB board I know it could be fixed... but finding that info might be impossible.

Otherwise, all I really need is the controller board on the drive. Are there any reputable companies out there with them for sale?

Thanks for any info.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: Tonight's nightmare sponsored but G-Fuel! lolo