Wii wants to install older update from disk?

Discussion in 'Wii - Hacking' started by m0b1us, Mar 8, 2010.

Mar 8, 2010
  1. m0b1us
    OP

Newcomer m0b1us Newbie

United States
    I used Waninkoko's 4.2 updater back when it came out this past October. It was successful and system menu says it was 4.2U version. Now the disk wants to update to some version. In my case it was Wii Fit Plus that wants the update, for someone else it was an older disk that we found out had v3.4 on it (Google searched, didn't risk an install).

Is there a problem with the hacked firmware upgrade that makes the system think it is at a lower version or a different version?

I'm trying to install the Wii Fit Plus channel from an official disk for my region (US) but run into this "wanting to update" problem. I'm going to assume that an update would not be a good idea.

Wii console purchased August 2007, no hardware mods, HBC 1.06, 4.2U-hacked install not official, BootMii installed to boot2.

2. Lacius

Member Lacius GBAtemp Psycho!

United States
    It probably just wants to add a stub IOS or something. It should be safe to let it update.

3. junosque55

Newcomer junosque55 Member

Australia
    Just install preloader / priiloader to block updates. You don't need them, or have someone accidentally trigger it.