Hacking wii updated to 4.2 without me even knowing

cokeman118

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ok, so I've been reading about updating to 4.2 on my already modded wii, which WAS at 4.1U. So after going into the system settings to check something I noticed my system was version 4.2U!?!? I never updated my Wii, I don't have Wii connect on, and I haven't updated by disc since I have that disabled. And from what I have read, NSMB only has 4.1 anyway. How the hell did this happen?? I haven't even been playing my wii since I got the Conduit when it first came out, and only started playing recently with NSMB. My homebrew still works, I can still play backups, and the other day I just started trying out USB loading, all which work fine. I just don't understand why I'm at 4.2U. Although, sometimes when I try and access system setting, the screen will go black. I can still hear the music, but nothing happens and I have to turn off the Wii. It did this 4 times in a row, then the 5th time it let me navigate the system settings....

Anyway, this is weird...what should I do? Leave it alone?? I was going to try and see if I could update through wifi just to see if it told me I had the latest update, but I didn't because I'm not sure if it would mess things up more or what. Should I reformat my wii and start over again, or will this cause more problems?

Anyone else experience this?

Thanks.

techboy

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Formatting causes more problems, so don't do that.

N cannot update without permission, and with WC24 off, even if they could, the wii would have to be running. No disc has 4.2 yet.

When you hacked it, did you use the "Modify Any Wii" guide? If you did, that's why you have 4.2. The first part of the guide is to update using wads.

Either way, if it still plays backups, don't try to fix what's not broken.

cokeman118

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I didn't even get the update part of the guide...I just put the stuff on the SD card and tried to run banner bomb. It said the file could not be loaded and went back to the health warning screen. when I tried checking the system menu it said 4.2...so not sure how it happened.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Veho @ Veho: It's how we used to cheat at Pokewalker.