Hacking Wii Update

benjp2k1

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
They just launched a new system update that also updates shop channel as the Internet channel has just launched! Also includes parental controls.

Just downloaded! Update is fine with wiikey. I will report back about internet when its done downloading again.

1 word: YAY!

EDIT: Just to clarify before it gets asked. Yes the system update and new version of the internet channel works with WiiKey. Which is too be expected as it is only a drive mod.

littleho

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
internet is exactly the same, except new layout and a few more features that dont do too much
smile.gif

D

Deleted User

I like the new internet except ... I don't like the new way of scrolling. I prefer the old way. It would've been nice if they added multi-user support ... like if you were able to choose your Mii as a login, so it could keep record of cookies. And folders in favourites would be nice, as well as a way to see a "list view".

There's still this one stupid problem that I thought the new Nintendo firmware would fix. I don't know if anyone else noticed this or even cares, but ... if you use the predictive text input with the cellular phone layout ... If you try to put the word "I" ... it gives you a greater than sign instead ">" which is really annoying.

Thulinma

Computer Magician
Developer
Trophies
Website
www.thulinma.com
XP
Country
Netherlands
still doesnt support flash 8. useless..
Err... Actually, when I tried, I found it to be running Flash 8 quite well.
I noticed one of my websites with a Flash 8 movie that didn't work in the beta browser, did work in this one.
Did you perhaps overlook something?

littleho

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
they need to fix my wiiconnect24 problem!!! i'm going to continue to complain about this until this damn problem is fixed!

What IS the problem?
huh.gif

whenever i try to access wii forecast, news, or vote it keeps telling me that wiiconnect24 is off, and i need to turn it on. however, it IS on. I tried every solution that seemed to have worked for other people, i formatted at least 10 times, taking out the battery at different times, trying all different types of methods to no solution.
frown.gif

right now i'm trying one final one i saw that just basically says take out the power to the wii and just leave it unplugged for a day or so. i dont think it would work but its worth a shot i guess.

D

Deleted User

they need to fix my wiiconnect24 problem!!! i'm going to continue to complain about this until this damn problem is fixed!

What IS the problem?
huh.gif

whenever i try to access wii forecast, news, or vote it keeps telling me that wiiconnect24 is off, and i need to turn it on. however, it IS on. I tried every solution that seemed to have worked for other people, i formatted at least 10 times, taking out the battery at different times, trying all different types of methods to no solution.
frown.gif

right now i'm trying one final one i saw that just basically says take out the power to the wii and just leave it unplugged for a day or so. i dont think it would work but its worth a shot i guess.

Can you use the opera browser and surf the net? Can you update your firmware? Could it be a router problem?

EvoTroy

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

What IS the problem?
huh.gif

frown.gif

It could be a firewall problem... turn them all off and try.

littleho

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States

What IS the problem?
huh.gif

frown.gif

Can you use the opera browser and surf the net? Can you update your firmware? Could it be a router problem?

i can surf the net on opera, and it worked before i modded my wii, so i dont know what the exact problem is. isn't the router.
frown.gif

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @K3Nv2 https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9yWIobzBdKc