Hacking Wii Update: 3.3U Out

skawo96

Trophies
XP
Country
So, to sum up, you have a choice now, Nintendo or Homebrew.
I still think that the update may be hacked quickly though.

marcan

Trophies
XP
Country
djdynamite123 said:
i like the way waninkoko adds a reply, and marcan has something bad to say about it
Shut up. I know what he's going to do, and it is not a good idea.
It wouldn't be the first time his "dirty workarounds" have had bad permanent consequences.

djdynamite123

Master Of Hardcore!
Banned
Trophies
Website
www.djdynamite.bravehost.com
XP
Country
QUOTE said:

I agree with the update been hacked pretty soon, hopefully in a few days, im gutted i updated, i didn't ever use wiishop anyway, just though id test the update out*

And yeh as waninkoko said, it hasn't updated the shop it was BOLLOX

djdynamite123

Master Of Hardcore!
Banned
Trophies
Website
XP
Country
QUOTE said:
i like the way waninkoko adds a reply, and marcan has something bad to say about it
It wouldn't be the first time his "dirty workarounds" have had bad permanent consequences

Lol, sorry marcan, i do apologise.
But you know fine well you have no real say in the matter* So some would say You Shut Up!
And what have these bad consequences been? come on einstein point the bad ones out, his apps if used well dont affect your wii, its just poor users.

Oh and yeh, for someone been against piracy it is a BAD idea, but its you and a few others, been a needle in a haystack, out numbered to those that are hoping for a Workaround
smile.gif

pLemming

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
marcan said:
djdynamite123 said:
It wouldn't be the first time his "dirty workarounds" have had bad permanent consequences.
You should really share details, or you attract comments like that.

Its hardly as if doing so would give the game away to Nintendo - they will operate the same way as almost all companies do to minor security breaches - reactive and not predictive. It's too many man-hours of testing and development to try and predict and patch every untested and unpopular idea if they were never going to cause problems in the first place.

It's a basic tug-of-war, and they've already sent out their latest attempt at their yank of the rope.

Fye_DX

Trophies
XP
Country
skawo96 said:
So, wait, yhmh, what does it exactly do? For fuck sake, one person tells something, the other one something different and I can't understand

A. Does it affect WADs?
B. Does it affect HBC
C. Does it affect Already installed games?
D. Can you downgrade and have the Shop Channel working?

Thank you.
A. Does it affect WADs?
- If you had the most recent cIOS, I believe that WAD Manager 1.21 STILL works (it does for me...), but I can't test this on another Wii so I can't be sure. But if you don't...

B. Does it affect HBC?
- If you had yours already installed, it doesn't, but it seems to block new installations of it.

- In no way this upgrade affects anything already installed, unless it is something that must use a IOS, because they have been patched.

- I think you can't downgrade for the time being, so nobody can test if you can enter the WSChannel after downgrading.

EDIT:
http://s105.photobucket.com/albums/m237/Fy...nt=IMG_0003.jpg
As you can see, if you have cIOS you can still install WADs. If you watched my video you know I didn't have Megaman 9 or Strong Bad Episode 2, so I had to install them AFTER the update.

skawo96

Trophies
XP
Country
Simple as that:

1. You use Wii Shop Channel, don't care about Homebrew and don't care about WADS? Click on Wii Update Button!
2. You don't use WSC, you install hundreds of WADS and Homebrew Applications? Trash the update email.
3. You use both? Wait until update is hacked.

And that's it. Now, stop flaming marcan and waninkoko, and tell about whathever the update also does (Maybe some good things, now? Does this update do something that DOESN'T affect TP hack, HBC and such?)

marcan

Trophies
XP
Country
This has nothing to do with piracy and everything to do with using a crappy workaround that's there as a last resort. I'm not going to give details because that's precisely what I want to avoid. The only time we should eve do what our friend here is going to do is when we have no other option and a solid hacking base such as most of the BootMii platform (to ensure that Nintendo can't screw you over again if you do use it). Neither of those two requirements are true at the moment. It'd be nice if Waninkoko didn't decide to update his WAD piracy tools to work with the new firmware using this crappy workaround and then potentially screw everyone over in the future.

Of course he's free to do whatever the hell he wants, but at least I've made my point. If this would have been the only option in the future, and it goes away because of him, new homebrew users that get screwed are going to be so happy with Waninkoko.

mueueps

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Fye_DX said:
skawo96 said:
So, wait, yhmh, what does it exactly do? For fuck sake, one person tells something, the other one something different and I can't understand

A. Does it affect WADs?
B. Does it affect HBC

Thank you.
A. Does it affect WADs?
- If you had the most recent cIOS, I believe that WAD Manager 1.21 STILL works (it does for me...), but I can't test this on another Wii so I can't be sure. But if you don't...

B. Does it affect HBC?
- If you had yours already installed, it doesn't, but it seems to block new installations of it.

- In no way this upgrade affects anything already installed, unless it is something that must use a IOS, because they have been patched.

- I think you can't downgrade for the time being, so nobody can test if you can enter the WSChannel after downgrading.

I have Pal Wii....my system was on 3.3E....i updated....everything was working.....i downgraded to 3.2E....everything is working...even the wii shop...oO

djdynamite123

Master Of Hardcore!
Banned
Trophies
Website
XP
Country
yes if its already installed, you're ok to use your apps apart from the likes of downgrader etc.

And yeh, you are right in ways Marcan, you do your thing and others will do theirs.
smile.gif

QUOTE said:
I have Pal Wii....my system was on 3.3E....i updated....everything was working.....i downgraded to 3.2E....everything is working...even the wii shop...oO
What region changer are you using, and did you have anything patch wise installed?

pure

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
marcan said:
This has nothing to do with piracy and everything to do with using a crappy workaround that's there as a last resort. I'm not going to give details because that's precisely what I want to avoid. The only time we should eve do what our friend here is going to do is when we have no other option and a solid hacking base such as most of the BootMii platform (to ensure that Nintendo can't screw you over again if you do use it). Neither of those two requirements are true at the moment. It'd be nice if Waninkoko didn't decide to update his WAD piracy tools to work with the new firmware using this crappy workaround and then potentially screw everyone over in the future.

Of course he's free to do whatever the hell he wants, but at least I've made my point. If this would have been the only option in the future, and it goes away because of him, new homebrew users that get screwed are going to be so happy with Waninkoko.
I think I know were you're heading and I'm with you on this one. I'd listen to marcan If i were you guys..

CockroachMan

Scribbling around GBATemp's kitchen.
Trophies
Website
www.homembarata.com.br
XP
Country
Brazil
skawo96 said:

The PSP showed us that everything gets hacked eventually..
tongue.gif

btw, Nintendo's doing nothing wrong here.. all the Wii hacking is made through bugs on the Wii system, they're just fixing the bugs.

mueueps

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
djdynamite123 said:
yes if its already installed, you're ok to use your apps apart from the likes of downgrader etc.

And yeh, you are right in ways Marcan, you do your thing and others will do theirs.
smile.gif

QUOTE said:
What region changer are you using, and did you have anything patch wise installed?

I think cIOS Region Changer i don't know.....what do you mean with anything patch wise installed? Sorry I'm not into this stuff...

skawo96

Trophies
XP
Country
CockroachMan said:
btw, Nintendo's doing nothing wrong here.. all the Wii hacking is made through bugs on the Wii system, they're just fixing the bugs.
Yup, that's what the Wii Update is for.

But, come on, is there ANYTHING that this update does other than what we already know and that we can access WSC?! I mean, 3.3 gave us Miis Parade at least
yaynds.gif
!

Oh and, BTW, can you just normally go online like in Brawl?

djdynamite123

Master Of Hardcore!
Banned
Trophies
Website
XP
Country
Ive had a good look around, and nothing else has been updated, to what i can notice. Just the bugs...

Its like an ultimatum from Nintendo, Either Nintendo or Homebrew, as you know that you cant access WSC without updating, and those that have homebrew still use wiishop, so its erm ....... iffy, for the time being.

elfsander

Trophies
Website
microse.nl
XP
Country
Netherlands
It has some updates to the shop channel:

Wii points will be changed into Nintendo points (though they are still Wii points over here)
And the controller config screens are seperated.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: +1