Grimgolde

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
twitter.com
XP
Country
Canada
Another question; how long does it take a Wii U to erase garbage files from a failed install? Been waiting for over an hour, and since there is no progress bar I have no idea what it is doing. :unsure:

Yeloazndevil

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Another question; how long does it take a Wii U to erase garbage files from a failed install? Been waiting for over an hour, and since there is no progress bar I have no idea what it is doing. :unsure:
I just did it myself and it was just sitting for 1 hour so I just pulled the usb plug and turned off the wii u, hdd was still fine

CeeDee

fuckin dork
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It doesn't take me very long when I do it from NAND.

Grimgolde

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
twitter.com
XP
Country
Canada
It doesn't take me very long when I do it from NAND.

Yeah, it's deleting data on the internal memory. Just trying to avoid bricking the console. lol

I guess the internal nand is just faster than a external hdd connected to usb2.0. I did see in the message window that it could take up to 30 minutes.

Yep, I saw that warning. Been well over an hour now

EDIT: After several tries, I can't seem to clear the old data out. I'm missing over 10GBs of internal storage at the moment.

Last edited by Grimgolde,

Kafluke

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yeah, it's deleting data on the internal memory. Just trying to avoid bricking the console. lol

Yep, I saw that warning. Been well over an hour now

EDIT: After several tries, I can't seem to clear the old data out. I'm missing over 10GBs of internal storage at the moment.
I had the same problem. eventually reset all data on the wii u and it went away

Reactions: Max2609

Kafluke

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
that possibilities exist with brick or ban the brazilian method? I install my games on USB but you know about this?
I just played around with it. I own the discs but just wanted the experience. I found that it's always best to test on a flash drive first. then if it works, move it to nand if you want

Reactions: Max2609

Superbossboo

The Regular
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
United States
Ouch. Not looking forward to a factory reset. I'll leave it on 'Deleting' for a few hours and hope it works.
Hope you get the issue resolved. Mines took like a minute but it wasn't a bad install. I accidentally installed a game with more space than I had. It deleted the unfinished data like it was nothing.

Yeloazndevil

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I switched from NUSGrabber to JNUSToolGUImod and I now no longer have installation issues
a few games caused me issues no matter how many times I dl'ed them from NUSgrabber and I formatted my sd cards multiple times with panasonic sdformatter at 32k blocks. Those problem games when I downloaded them with JNUSTool I no longer had the possible bad sd card error during installation.

raleigh95

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ouch. Not looking forward to a factory reset. I'll leave it on 'Deleting' for a few hours and hope it works.
I had some crap data on the USB it would hang and never delete, I knew which file I installed that was garbage so I installed the same bad game again but popped the SD card out after about 10 seconds of install (about 20mb), got an error. When I went back to data management I got the warning about bad data and this time it fixed it in a few seconds. May be worth a try. Another option to try is to get a good install of the same game and see if it overwrites and clears the bad/incomplete data.

toby1978

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Why does nothing download using JNUSTool? I managed to only get one game to download. Doesnt seem to work well.

Grimgolde

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
twitter.com
XP
Country
Canada
I had some crap data on the USB it would hang and never delete, I knew which file I installed that was garbage so I installed the same bad game again but popped the SD card out after about 10 seconds of install (about 20mb), got an error. When I went back to data management I got the warning about bad data and this time it fixed it in a few seconds. May be worth a try. Another option to try is to get a good install of the same game and see if it overwrites and clears the bad/incomplete data.

Thanks for the tip, but I figured out how to fix the issue.

I went to the eShop and downloaded a smallish demo(106MB) and installed it. Played the game for a few minutes(it was pretty fun actually. Color Zen!) and then went back to Data Management. Wii U spit out the usual garbage data warning and I started a delete process. Finished in seconds, everything is back to normal. I Googled it and people had a similar problem with legit downloads a few years ago. Something was corrupted I guess? So yeah, no need for factory resets.

TheCyberQuake

Certified Geek
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Just updated my NUSGrabber batch file.
New Features:
- Automatically grab game name from the tik database (must be predownloaded from that iso site and unzipped to \tickets)
- Automatically download updates for each game input (it will ask for each title if you wish to do so)

Previous Features:
- Batch download games using NUSGrabber.exe
- Automatically finds the correct title.tik from the \tickets folder and move it into the game install folder (must be predownloaded from that iso site)
- Automatically organizes downloads for use with wupinstaller mod y. Simply copy the install from the computer to the SD root to batch install games (only works with wupinstaller mod y)

Code:
@echo off
cd %~dp0
set nusdir=%~dp0
del download.bat
:setgamelist
SETLOCAL
cls
echo Type -1 to begin downloads, or add more below.
set /P id="Enter game ID: "
if "%id%" == "-1" goto end
set /p update="Download game updates? (y,n): "
for /d /r "%NusDir%\tickets" %%a in (*) do if /i %%~nxa==%id% set "tikLocation=%%a"
for %%a in ("%tikLocation%\..") do set "game=%%~na"
If not "%tikLocation%"=="" (
echo echo ----------------------------------------------- >> download.bat
echo echo Downloading %game% - %id% >> download.bat
echo nusgrabber.exe %id% >> download.bat
echo echo Grabbing Ticket File >> download.bat
echo copy "%TikLocation%\title.tik" "%id%" >> download.bat
) else (
echo Error: ticket not found. Skipping ticket transfer.
pause
cls
set /P game="Enter game name: "
)
echo echo Renaming Folder %id% >> download.bat
echo MOVE %id% "install\%game%" >> download.bat
set id=%id:00050000=0005000E%
set game=%game% Update
if /i %update:~0,1%==y (
echo echo Renaming Folder %id% >> download.bat
echo MOVE %id% "install\%game%" >> download.bat
)
ENDLOCAL
goto setgamelist
:end
echo echo Downloads Completed! >> download.bat
echo pause >> download.bat
echo del download.bat >> download.bat
call download.bat

Simply download SetDownloads.bat from below and place into the same folder you have NUSGrabber.exe
I may modify it to also support JNUSTool in the future
https://mega.nz/#!5Vl3RAqT!ZlDDaVQuHJ18sSJjqarZqHZb96WL1Qefe-w0bsrsWAI

Edit: I have not fully tested this program, but with the proper tik database from that iso site in the tickets folder, I was able to get shovel knight and it's update to batch download and install.
If you encounter any bugs with this let me know

Last edited by TheCyberQuake,

buda81

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Just updated my NUSGrabber batch file.
New Features:
- Automatically grab game name from the tik database (must be predownloaded from that iso site and unzipped to \tickets)
- Automatically download updates for each game input (it will ask for each title if you wish to do so)

Previous Features:
- Batch download games using NUSGrabber.exe
- Automatically finds the correct title.tik from the \tickets folder and move it into the game install folder (must be predownloaded from that iso site)
- Automatically organizes downloads for use with wupinstaller mod y. Simply copy the install from the computer to the SD root to batch install games (only works with wupinstaller mod y)

Edit: I have not fully tested this program, but with the proper tik database from that iso site in the tickets folder, I was able to get shovel knight and it's update to batch download and install.
If you encounter any bugs with this let me know

This is awesome, Thanks for the share.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZJewzRHdH8c