Hacking Wii U USB loading - install WiiU games to USB or internal memory

Trophies
Country
Canada
I got one question.

I'm downloading New S. M. Bross U + Luigi.
Its saying : 13846.03MB

I don't think this game has more then 3Gib/3,5Gib.

I downloaded "Mighty No. 9" and its 2,88Gib

Something wrong here or its normal?

Using : JNUSTool
java -jar JNUSTool.jar -dlEncrypted
The installation should increase the size on the system. It did for me.

Reactions: Redirr

Zerok1ller

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well you can use the same method but updates only. Use that title key site or something. That's odd. I installed Splatoon and Super Mario Maker and the update pop up came up as usual if you got the disk or the game from the eShop.

I used that title key site and I downloaded Mario Maker and others and out of 16 games 5 i needed to do the update.. that site doesn't give you the updates of them, but the entire game right?

Trophies
Country
Canada
I used that title key site and I downloaded Mario Maker and others and out of 16 games 5 i needed to do the update.. that site doesn't give you the updates of them, but the entire game right?
I think. When I installed Splatoon, I opened it before downloading the update from Nintendo. Played it for a bit so I can go online, I had to update it to play online. The update message on my Game Pad came on the second time I went to load the game, updated it, worked fine for online.

Redirr

X11 Extreme.
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
NSMB+Luigi is over 10 GB, I think it's 12 or so.
Some say it is because of some movies or something.
It's stupid that they did that when both games separately take up 4GB at most together.
Oh god!!!

I already have and installed NSMB in my Wii U with USB method, but it's different from my Original Disc. So my save wont work.
So i need to install NSMB+Luigi to use my own save. The NSMB version i downloaded has only 1,77Gib. But now i need to download and install 13Gib only to use my own save. I'll use my original disc. Too much for me. kk

Zerok1ller

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Oh god!!!

I already have and installed NSMB in my Wii U with USB method, but it's different from my Original Disc. So my save wont work.
So i need to install NSMB+Luigi to use my own save. The NSMB version i downloaded has only 1,77Gib. But now i need to download and install 13Gib only to use my own save. I'll use my original disc. Too much for me. kk

NSMB and NSMB+Luigi is like two different games and yes +Luigi has 13.6gigs lol

Trophies
Country
Canada
Oh god!!!

This is the size for New Super Mario Bros. U

D

Deleted User

I just tried to copy my save files from my internal storage to my USB, and it copied over the userdata and DELETED the games it was copying to...
Thank you Nintendo.

xtreemsurf

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
NSMB+Luigi is over 10 GB, I think it's 12 or so.
Some say it is because of some movies or something.
It's stupid that they did that when both games separately take up 4GB at most together.
I'm having trouble finding NSMB + Luigi U on New NUSGrabber GUI. Do I have to use JNUSTool to find it? Looking for US version.

BrownLLamma

Trophies
XP
Country
This is a thread dedicated to the Brazilian team method of installing WiiU games to WiiU USB HDD and Internal memory. Links will not be provided.

DO NOT REQUEST OR ASK WHERE TO DOWNLOAD TICKETS OR ANY SHARING WEBSITE NAME.
You will receive a warning and can be banned.

Summarized method

This method is using WUP installer to install the eShop version of a game using its ticket extracted from the disc version of the same game. The ticket from the disc can be extracted from a WUD image or from a console who already played that game disc.
So :
- The game needs to be on eShop.
- The WUD needs to be dumped for that game, or a tik dumped from someone else's console.

Important info - What works or not - Please read before asking questions

• If you want to install on HDD, you need to format your HDD to WiiU format. Attention it will DELETE everything on that drive. DO NOT USE THE DRIVE YOU USE FOR vWII!
  • You can use any USB drive, Hard Drive or Pen Drive. Some Hard Drives will require external power or a Y Cable
  • You might want to turn HDD sleep mode OFF before installing game to USB.
  • The downloaded games need to be the region of your Wii U. You can install game from another region but it will not launch.
  • The games will be playable online!
  • You can install as many games as you want on your system as long as you have enough space.
  • You can now install multiple games at the same time on your SD card with WUP Installer mod y.
  • Already purchased DLC are working. You can purchase new DLC too.
  • You can't use non legit DLC. Use Loadiine with DLC support for that.
  • You can update the game (remove the server filters or use NNUPatcher before launching the game) or use WUP installer to install manually.
  • You can transfer games installed to you Hard drive to your internal storage and it will run fine
  • You can install games to internal storage without installing to USB
  • If you have an existing savegame/DLC/Update for your game on your internal storage, move it to your USB before installing the game to USB or you'll lose your savegame!
  • To install your Loadiine savegame into the console, use Saviine homebrew. Guide available here, or a youtube video tutorial here. savegame from another region should work, but not with all games.
  • NUS downloads DO NOT contain the tik file, you need to extract the ticket from the WUD file, or from a console who already played that game.
  • You can now dump a ticket from your console with CFW booter. (still not user friendly! let knowledgeable people do it. Brick risk!)
  • DO NOT ASK HOW TO MAKE OR DUMP A WUD, it's NOT POSSIBLE. release group are releasing games WHEN THEY DECIDE. That's all.
  • if the game is not on that site, or is present but "nuke", it means the WUD does not exist for this game.
  • You can install ONLY games which exist in disc format. eShop only version can't be installed because the ticket is tied to the console used to buy that game.
  • You CANNOT use your loadiine ready game format with this method.
  • You cannot brick your WiiU with this method, as long as you try games and updates. DO NOT TRY TO INSTALL ANYTHING ELSE (like system titles) OR YOU WILL BRICK.
  • Don't install games you bought on eShop with this method. (unknown what would happen, just be safe and don't mess your tickets already installed officially)
  • It's NOT possible to install only the ticket and get the game from eShop. This method doesn't unlock the game on your eShop account. You are installing a Disc ticket, not an eShop ticket.
  • You wan use WUP installer to install game updates too. The updates already have a working ticket, you don't need to modify it.
  • It's unknown if it's safe to play online. Nintendo shouldn't check your ticket and shouldn't know your "disc based" ticket is installed as "eShop game". if Nintendo can detect the game type, they can see you didn't buy the real eShop version while you are actually playing with it.
  • No ban yet.

Instructions

1. get the ticket for your game and be sure it's the same region than your console!
    - Extract it from a WUD file. Note: you don't need ALL the rar files or extract the full 25GB wud. Only the first .rar or .r01 file is enough to extract an incomplete wud and get the ticket with Cdecrypt.
    - Extract it from a console with CFW booter and IOSU hack (not user friendly!)
    - Any other method you want to find a ticket
    The file you want is : title.tik or tik located in folder system/02/

2. Edit the ticket
    - with this tool : https://gbatemp.net/threads/release-wii-u-ticket-modifier.445553/
    - or manually : here (not an exact method, trial and error!).
    - or uTikDownloadHelper (drag/drop a tik on the exe and it will modify the ticket AND download the game). Easier program!

3. Get the game from NUS, do not decrypt. Be sure it's the same region than your console!
    you can use:
    - JNUSTool with "-dlEncrypted" command. Can resume and fix bad download, Faster download speed. Recommended program!!!
    - NUSGrabber,
    - or uTikDownloadHelper (drag/drop a tik on the exe and it will download the game).

DO NOT USE these programs :
    - or Uwizard (wrong filename),
    - or NewNUSGrabber GUI (it's outdated!),

4. put the game files (.app, .h3, title.cert, title.tmd, etc.) and the modified ticket (title.tik) on your SD card, in SD:/Install/ folder

5. be sure your modified ticket is named "title.tik" if not, rename it.

Note : If you use the WUP Installer 1.0 mod Y :
    instead of using SD:/install/, you can create subfolders for each game or game update you want to install.
    example :
    install/game 1/
    install/game 2/
    install/game 2 update/
    install/game that is awesome/
    etc...
    You don't need to eject the SD card after 1 game installation anymore. You can now install multiple games at the same time.

6. Put SD card into Wii U
  7. Plug in your WiiU Hard drive to your Wii U (if you want to install to USB)
  8. Eject any inserted game disc
  9. Launch the homebrew launcher
  10. Launch the Wup installer v1.0 mod Y1.0 (this WUP installer will not let you install system titles, so you can't brick !)
  11. Press X button to install to HDD, or press A to install to internal memory.
  12. let the game install.
  13. When the install ends you will be rebooted back into the homebrew launcher or on the install menu if you use the "mod Y" which lets you install another Title.
  14. delete ALL the content located on your SD:/install/ folder. You can now repeat the steps to install other games.
  15. exit the homebrew launcher or reboot your console and your games will be installed!

Error messages

You can't install games you didn't buy : This is NOT an anti-piracy check. It's a wrong message for "missing file in the install folder".
You are missing files in your install folder! verify your download, it's either incomplete or corrupted. use JNUSTool to "resume" the download and complete the files. Verify your ticket is named "title.tik".
Please, update WUP installer mod by XenoCube to "Wup installer v1.0 mod Y v1.0".
Please, update JNUStool to v0.0.8alpha (from 2016-10-23) or newer to get the missing title.cert file.

MCP_installgetinfo error : Your install folder is not correct.
If you use WUP Installer mod Y, be sure to put your .app, .h3, and all the files inside a subfolder :
SD:/install/Your game folder name/*.app *.h3 title.tik title.tmd title.cert here

if you use any other WUP installer, do not create a sub folder!
SD:/install/ .app .h3 here !

0xFFFB (content related?)
error 0xFFFBF3E2 : Missing install folder. Put the "install" folder on the ROOT of your SD card. SD:/Install/
error 0xFFFBF43F : Wrong title type. Verify your ticket, it's probably not edited, or missing.
Verify you are trying to install a full game and not an update with a full game ticket or a DLC. Your titleID should start with 00050000, NOT 0005000C or 0005000E.
error 0xFFFBF440 : ?
error 0xFFFBF441 : DLC ticket not for this console (no it's not possible to install DLC, they are tied to a console/NNID account.)
error 0xFFFBF442 : ?
error 0xFFFBF446 : missing or bad title.tik
error 0xFFFBF664 : ?
error 0xFFFBF825 : Incomplete or corrupted encrypted files. Check that your game can be decrypted correctly (with Cdecrypt or JNUSTool) and doesn't produce "bad checksum" and/or 0 byte files.
error 0xFFFBFFE7 : Same as F825.
for all FFFB errors, please verify your files are good and complete. Your ticket is the correct file for your game, etc. Look HERE for information how to check your game files.
You can "check and resume" your current files by running JNUStool again. if it's not the program you used, check here how to verify your files.

0xFFFC (Console/Device related?)
error 0xFFFCFFE4 : Not enough space on selected device.
error 0xFFFCFFE5 : unplug your USB (even if you are not installing on USB). if you are installing on USB, unplug/re-plug it and try again.
error 0xFFFCFFE9 : Access failed (no usb storage attached). If you have USB connected, try another port. Try another HDD. try to reformat it.
error 0xFFFCFFEA : ? Shutdown and restart your console. it could help.

0xFFFF (unknown. seems to break while installing. Probably SD card issue. Try a different SD card)
error 0xFFFFF825 : ? Maybe same error than 0xFFFBF825; look above for solution.
error 0xFFFFF82E : ?

Credits

I am not responsible if your Wii U bricks

All credit for this method goes to Brazilian team, King Cerelepe for testing.
Thanks to:
All users from this thread who explained the ticket editing method, specially Asper who found the XOR 2 method.
All developers creating tools to make this method easier.
Excellent write-up! Everything worked like a charm.
Kudos to the devs!

Trophies
Country
Canada
Update from me:
My installed and working games for Wii u is...

Pokkén Tournament (Online works fine)
Super Mario Maker (Online works fine)
Splatoon (Online works fine)

All the installed games where updated by the on screen prompt on the Game Pad.

Currently downloading Watch Dogs, letcha guys know if it's successful or not.

hudhair

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Update from me:
My installed and working games for Wii u is...

Pokkén Tournament (Online works fine)
Super Mario Maker (Online works fine)
Splatoon (Online works fine)

All the installed games where updated by the on screen prompt on the Game Pad.

Currently downloading Watch Dogs, letcha guys know if it's successful or not.
Wait, so you dont have tubehax enabled?

Trophies
Country
Canada
Wait, so you dont have tubehax enabled?
Indeed, I don't.
Wii U on 5.5.1 OFW
Homebrew Launched from Loadiine(dot)ovh
Updates are NOT blocked
For some weird reason, I don't know if it is just my computer, but blocking Nintendo updates with a thing I use that checks for my Wii IP address also blocks the software to download the game files for installation. I checked both host names, but nothing. So if there is an update in the next day, the next week, or even the next hour, I will turn my system off, and block the updates.
Besides I check this site to see if a new update launched pretty much daily. Also, my Wii u is off for pretty much 15 hours of the day. 6 for school, and 9 for sleep.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Has anyone managed to install Mario 3d world?
Yes. I have just finished installing SM3DW on my laptop, while Watch Dogs is still downloading on my Desktop.
Installing 98..99..100%
Boom! Done!
Loading the game now at the moment.

Reactions: hudhair

xtreemsurf

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm currently storing Loadiine versions of games and the NUS versions...and I'm running out of space on my PC. Has anyone speculated and/or confirmed which format will be used once we have IOUS/CFW and ticket generating capabilities. I'm trying to hold on to both versions, so I'm ready.

It seems that there are certain games in one format and not the other, so I'm wondering if maybe both formats will be supported?

Hking0036

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm currently storing Loadiine versions of games and the NUS versions...and I'm running out of space on my PC. Has anyone speculated and/or confirmed which format will be used once we have IOUS/CFW and ticket generating capabilities. I'm trying to hold on to both versions, so I'm ready.

It seems that there are certain games in one format and not the other, so I'm wondering if maybe both formats will be supported?
Keep the encrypted, you can always decrypt them to file format for loadiine with cdecrypt.

Reactions: TotalInsanity4
Trophies
Country
Canada

Wait... You can install Loadiine Ready backups???
Also, what do you mean by "format"??
I have just been using this software and I barely had any problems.

Super Mario 3D World (Just installed, Miiverse works fine)
Pokken Tournament (Updated with the on-screen prompt on the Game Pad) (Online works fine)
Splatoon (Updated with the on-screen prompt on the Game Pad) (Online works fine)
Super Mario Maker (Updated with the on-screen prompt on the Game Pad) (Online works fine)

《¤BŁAĐE¤》

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So say that I own a disk copy of Mario kart 8 and have save data on my internal memory. But I then want to install the digital copy. What do I do specifically with the save data? Do I copy the save data to my usb drive and then install the game to my usb? Will this overwrite my internal save or my usb save data? Or am I supposed to do something else to make sure my current save data is not lost?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://www.goodrx.com/conditions/lead-poisoning/cinnamon-recall-lead-poisoning?&utm_source=sfmc&...