Hacking Wii U USB loading - install WiiU games to USB or internal memory

sTo0z

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
So let me try to understand - this doesn't allow multiple games to be installed, so every one so far has been installing one game, then uninstalling it to install a different one?
No. There can only be a single game at a time in the "install" folder. You install the game, then put a new game in the "install" folder and install that one.

You can install as many as you want on your system, but only one at a time, because of the folder limitation.

Reactions: Jonna

videogamefanatic

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So let me try to understand - this doesn't allow multiple games to be installed, so every one so far has been installing one game, then uninstalling it to install a different one?

No no, it just doesn't allow multiple games to be installed at the same time because WUPInstaller only looks in a single folder to install from. You just have to delete the game from the install folder on your SD card before you can install another, no need to uninstall the game from you Wii U. I have multiple games installed on my Wii U, including MP10 and Smash, both launch and play fine.

Corredor

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
I'm testing the WUP Installer modded by NexoHaxx right now. It is installing... I will post the results when it is done.

04ab1bdb88e4074bca5c391e7fac0a80.jpg

Enviado de meu 6039J usando Tapatalk

Reactions: iVcU and Cyan

ThunderbInazuma

Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
that's not the correct place to put your savegame.

How to copy a Loadiine savegame to WiiU

on WiiU, play the game to get a savegame. any game, but preferably the same you want to restore, so you'll get the correct location and TitleID where to put your savegame files on your computer (not on SD!)
on computer, launch saviine using "dump" mode
on WiiU launch Saviine homebrew and set the computer's IP
launch that game
Saviine on PC will ask you if you wantto dump Common and/or User folder. select both.
it will generate a folder in saviine/saviine_root/dump/ on your computer with a number (it's the titleID of that game, something like this : 00050000-101C4C00)
inside you have "common" and "80000000x".

close saviine on your computer
exit the game (do not shutdown the console or you'll need to relaunch the homebrew)

go to SD:/wiiu/saves/game name/
If you use Loadiine's "shared mode":
copy your "c" content into "common"
copy your "u" content into "80000000x"

If you use "unique mode": replace common and 80000000x with the one from loadiine.

move the folder with the titleID (00050000-101C4C00) from "dump" to "inject"
launch saviine on your computer and choose restore mode
launch your game on wiiU
Maybe this was posted many times, but I didn't found the answer. I've tried to do this, but I can't import my SMM save from Loadiine that I used until now. Is it possible? I already did this for Pokkén Tournament and it worked. My WiiU is the latest version and is a EUR version.
Thanks in advance

ThunderbInazuma

Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
there's a wup installer with subfolders, but still in development I guess.

Why wouldn't it work?
do you have an error, or something is not working within saviine?
I did everything like I did to Pokkén ( Dump the actual save, replace the content of 80000000x with the u folder and the server gave me this:
Desenho (37).png

0nther0ck

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
I try to install SMM in my internal memory with wup installer mod or nexo and i get an error : MCP_INSTALLGETINFO 0xFFFBF3E2

What i'm doing wrong?
It's the first i try..

Last edited by 0nther0ck,

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
@ThunderbInazuma :
maybe it's only this game which has an issue?
dumping has been tested more than injecting, maybe you could report that error in saviine thread?
maybe it's not a saviine error, but it's best to post it in saviine thread anyway. Maybe other users will have the same issue and a solution can be found.

Corredor

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
The WUP Installer modded by NexoHaxx works perfectly and installs the games to the USB drive.

7ed1fbc58e0d6f0459f189183c240541.jpg

(sorry for the bad picture)

Enviado de meu 6039J usando Tapatalk

ThunderbInazuma

Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
@ThunderbInazuma :
maybe it's only this game which has an issue?
dumping has been tested more than injecting, maybe you could report that error in saviine thread?
maybe it's not a saviine error, but it's best to post it in saviine thread anyway. Maybe other users will have the same issue and a solution can be found.
Ok, thanks. I will do it.

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
what the difference with it,over the Brazilian modded one?
I don't know what the brazilian's version is doing (there's no sources).
This one prevent users from installing System titles so they can't brick "inadvertently" or by trying stupid things, and sources are available as required by GPL.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Quincy @ Quincy:
    Usually when such a big title leaks the Temp will be the first to report about it (going off of historical reports here, Pokemon SV being the latest one I can recall seeing pop up here)
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I still like how a freaking mp3 file hacks webos all that security defeated by text yet again
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    They have simulators for everything nowdays, cray cray. How about a sim that shows you playing the Switch.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    That's called yuzu
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I want a 120hz 4k tv but crazy how more expensive the 120hz over the 60hz are. Or even more crazy is the price of 8k's.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    No real point since movies are 30fps
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Not a big movie buff, more of a gamer tbh. And Series X is 120hz 8k ready, but yea only 120hz 4k games out right now, but thinking of in the future.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Mostly why you never see TV manufacturers going post 60hz
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I only watch tv when i goto bed, it puts me to sleep, and I have a nas drive filled w my fav shows so i can watch them in order, commercial free. I usually watch Married w Children, or South Park
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Stremio ruined my need for nas
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I stream from Nas to firestick, one on every tv, and use Kodi. I'm happy w it, plays everything. (I pirate/torrent shows/movies on pc, and put on nas)
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Kodi repost are still pretty popular
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    What the hell is Kodi reposts? what do you mean, or "Wut?" -xdqwerty
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Google them basically web crawlers to movie sites
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    oh you mean the 3rd party apps on Kodi, yea i know what you mean, yea there are still a few cool ones, in fact watched the new planet of the apes movie other night w wifey thru one, was good pic surprisingly, not a cam
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Damn, only $2.06 and free shipping. Gotta cost more for them to ship than $2.06
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I got my Dad a firestick for Xmas and showed him those 3rd party sites on Kodi, he loves it, all he watches anymore. He said he has got 3 letters from AT&T already about pirating, but he says f them, let them shut my internet off (He wants out of his AT&T contract anyways)
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    That's where stremio comes to play never got a letter about it
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I just use a VPN, even give him my login and password so can use it also, and he refuses, he's funny.
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I had to find and get him an old style flip phone even without text, cause thats what he wanted. No text, no internet, only phone calls. Old, old school.
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    @BigOnYa, Lol I bought a new USB card reader thing on AliExpress last month for I think like 87 cents. Free shipping from China... It arrived it works and honestly I don't understand how it was so cheap.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: @BigOnYa, Lol I bought a new USB card reader thing on AliExpress last month for I think like 87...