Wii U SD Mount Failed, even though my SD Card is FAT32

Idyvist

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm new to Wii U hacking, and I'm currently stuck on the browser exploit while trying to install Tiramisu, as no matter what I do, the Wii U refuses to mount the SD card despite it being FAT32, and I always get the black screen with the message "SD mount failed. Please insert a FAT32 formatted SD card."

The card I'm using is a 8GB SanDisk SDHC (which is FAT32 by default), and I also tried using a 64GB one earlier. I also checked for the following to no avail:

-made sure the Write Protection on the SD Card was disabled
-made sure the SD Card was MBR instead of GPT
-made sure the parition was Primary instead of Logical

I'm honestly out of ideas and considering buying a new Wii U, so I wanted to ask here to see if anyone has any other suggestions. Thanks in advance.

V10lator

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
1) Tripple check the SD card is FAT32 with 32 KB cluster size. Can't say this often enough...
2) Clean the SDs contacts (either with some isoprophyle alcohol or the poor mans way: Insert and eject the card for around 10 times).
3) In case it's a micro SD try another adapter.
4) Check your card with https://3ds.hacks.guide/h2testw-(windows)
5) Try to save an image with Mii Maker to the card, does it work?

Now for 5)
- Yes it did: That's just crazy, we need to look more deep... But let's wait for your reply first.
- No, it didn't: But h2testw says the card is good? Do you have another card to test? If so don't forget the first 4 points... You checked them with this other card, too? How good is your phones camera, so are you able to take a detailed picture of the inners of the SD card slot?

Reactions: Idyvist

Idyvist

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I did Steps 1-5 for both of my SD Cards, and even though there weren't any errors with h2testw, when I tried to use it with Mii Maker, it didn't work and said "this SD Card cannot be used" for both cards. My phone's camera isn't very good, so I can't take a very detailed picture of the slot, but here are the attached files:

Attachments

• IMG_20230705_182947.jpg
    IMG_20230705_182947.jpg
    252.7 KB · Views: 36
  • IMG_20230705_182927.jpg
    IMG_20230705_182927.jpg
    717 KB · Views: 45

V10lator

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Sadly nothing to see on that blurred pictures but with your error description and the tests you did now I would assume this is a broken SD slot. In most cases this is just a bended pin, really easy to fix. Do you have a tech-savvy friend who could help you here? In case you have no such friend take the console to a repair shop. They will most likely completely replace the SD slot, so do more than needed, but should still be cheaper than a new Wii U.

Reactions: Idyvist

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Yes you did originally say grilled