Homebrew Wii U New Update 5.5.2

the_randomizer

The Temp's official fox whisperer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hello everyone, I saw this vídeos in youtube, is a fake?

Be careful with videos like that, follow the guide, get the firmware from NUS grabber, place it on the SD card, and use WUP installer on the Wii U brew site. There's a thread for this.

Edit: I stand corrected, didn't know it was from him, sorry >.>

Last edited by the_randomizer,

TheWolfLord

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Can you mod a Wii U that's on a lower firmware than the most recent update but otherwise clean?

I ask because don't you need to purchase a eshop game which probably requires an update?

Kafluke

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
This OP needs updating. CBHC and HaxChi work just fine on 5.5.2. It's been confirmed by many users. Only BrowserHax is patched. You can absolutely still install HaxChi if you are on 5.5.1. Use NNU patcher to access the eshop. Download the DS game that you need. It will fail because the system update will want to be downloaded first. Just unplug your Wii U. Plug it back in after about 2 minutes and then the DS game that you paid for will start to download the system update will be gone.

So in conclusion. If you are still on 5.5.1 you can absolutely still install HaxChi.

the_randomizer

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
This OP needs updating. CBHC and HaxChi work just fine on 5.5.2. It's been confirmed by many users. Only BrowserHax is patched. You can absolutely still install HaxChi if you are on 5.5.1. Use NNU patcher to access the eshop. Download the DS game that you need. It will fail because the system update will want to be downloaded first. Just unplug your Wii U. Plug it back in after about 2 minutes and then the DS game that you paid for will start to download the system update will be gone.

So in conclusion. If you are still on 5.5.1 you can absolutely still install HaxChi.
I think Nintendo's spontaneous show of "support" for the Wii U is pathetically hilarious, not gonna lie.

Wishi

Rareware Gamer
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico

I just copied your post , hope it doesn't bother your or something :P

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

I think Nintendo's spontaneous show of "support" for the Wii U is pathetically hilarious, not gonna lie.
Yup it definitely is

the_randomizer

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I just copied your post , hope it doesn't bother your or something :P

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Yup it definitely is

I mean, why now? Granted, we had heard rumors for months, but nothing actually definitive, and then wham! out of the blue, they try to pull a troll move :lol: Too bad for them they didn't really win.

TheWolfLord

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

Thanks I was surprised noone had really talked much about whetehr you could still install it yet.

depaul

Trophies
XP
Country
France
Better not to update! There is absolutely zero benefits from updating now since there aren't probably any games coming to the Wii U.

So just keep 5.5.1.

the_randomizer

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Because it's not needed. No benefit. You can still play games online with 5.5.1. You still have to use NNU patcher to access eshop if you spoof.

Though I wonder how long that'll last before Nintendo forces 5.5.2 to be used online. I mean, I guess I'll enjoy it will it lasts, but I just hope online doesn't eventually force 5.5.2, that's all. Damn Nintendo.

Kafluke

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
A quick question, does the WiiU download the update even if it is turned off?? :cry::cry::cry:
Turned off? As in unplugged? No it won't download the update if its unplugged. If you just have it turned off (red light) then yes it will still update. You should have DNS blocking at least setup

Reactions: MAXLEMPIRA

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    The Real Jdbye tempBOT: @ The Real Jdbye farts behind the fan +1