Wii U Homebrew Nand Dumping or Hardmod possible?

Discussion in 'Wii U - Hacking & Backup Loaders' started by INobody, May 5, 2016.

1. INobody
    OP

INobody GBAtemp Regular

Mar 31, 2016
    Gambia, The
    I'll get my hands on a 1.0.2E Wii U and was wondering if there is any way to backup the nand (Soft- or Hardwarewise?

I searched for it, but it seems the only mentioned method (Hardmod) is causing fried nandchips.

Otherwise, I guess I'll just update to 5.3.2 and stay there.

2. smileyhead

smileyhead Press Start whenever!

Aug 31, 2015
    Hungary
    Hungary
    @smealum did do a hardmod not long ago. (Hopefully he'll see this tag)

3. ZoNtendo

ZoNtendo GBAtemp Fan

May 25, 2015
    Homebrew for Nand dumping -> IOSU
    Hard mod for Nand dumping -> Very hard

He will not give a fuck

4. smileyhead

smileyhead Press Start whenever!

Aug 31, 2015
    Hungary
    Hungary
    There's always hope. :P

5. QuarkTheAwesome

QuarkTheAwesome Working for Hugs

Apr 19, 2015
    Australia
    Stuck in the PowerPC
    There's a really old thread around here somewhere where someone posted the pinouts for the Wii U's SLC (the chip that stores the OS) and a diagram for wiring it up to a Teensy. You could then use NANDWay (thanks, PS3 scene) to dump/restore the chip.
    I do remember there being some mentions of only being able to go between minor system versions though. Not sure if that's true or not.
    Anyway, it's a pretty risky process (like anything of this nature). If you've got a Teensy and a 3.3v regulator/PSU for it (absolute must have), decent soldering skills and no major consequences for a permabrick I suppose I could look for the thread.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice