Hacking Wii U Homebrew History and News ?

• Thread starter Deleted User
  • Start date
  • Views 19,156
  • Replies 89

Praxis

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Considering the massive popularity of Project M (there has been several 100+ man tournaments), I suspect a homebrew effort for the Wii U would definitely have an audience once there is a tournament scene for Smash Bros Wii U.

D

Deleted User

OP
I hope someone does reconsider homebrewing the Wii U.
It would be awesome at emulating other consoles :
Wii Ultimate.png

the_randomizer

The Temp's official fox whisperer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Wii U can not emulate any home console after N64.

I call bullshit. How do you know? The Dreamcast works on Android devices like the nVidia Shield, JXD S7800, etc as does the PSP. We don't know the full power of the Wii U, neither do you, don't make baseless assumptions or act like you know what can or can't be emulated.

Oxybelis

Trophies
XP
Country
nVidia Shield has more powerful CPU than Wii U. Maybe even Ouya does.

One Wii U core is 1.7x of Wii. Maybe it can run PSP fullspeed. It can not emulate PS2 and Xbox 100%.

the_randomizer

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
nVidia Shield has more powerful CPU than Wii U. Maybe even Ouya does.

One Wii U core is 1.7x of Wii. Maybe it can run PSP fullspeed. It can not emulate PS2 and Xbox 100%.

No console can emulate those two. More MHz =/= more power, don't rule out PSP or Dreamcast, or anything before it. I also mentioned the JXD S7800, a Chinese android gaming device, it too runs PSP at full speed, has an ARM CPU which isn't all that great compared to other architectures. Wii U homebrew is dead, no one's interested in it, so why should people bother asking about it?

Oxybelis

Trophies
XP
Country
No console can emulate those two. More MHz =/= more power, don't rule out PSP or Dreamcast, or anything before it. I also mentioned the JXD S7800, a Chinese android gaming device, it too runs PSP at full speed, has an ARM CPU which isn't all that great compared to other architectures. Wii U homebrew is dead, no one's interested in it, so why should people bother asking about it?
How do you measure greatness? ARM is arguably better ISA than bloated mutant that is x86 nowadays. And Cortex 9, 15 are pretty modern with better SIMD than Wii U.

Marionumber1

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

Oxybelis

Trophies
XP
Country
Afaik (metioned something like this on conference) fail0verflow wanted to develop a method to give access to hardware before Wii U boots up. We might be able to use homebrew on Linux, but that will leave out cool Wii U OS hacks that can be made.

spotanjo3

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yes, every consoles and portables are hackable. However, this Wii U is unhackable due that the hackers aren't interesting in it for some reasons. It doesnt mean it will be unhackable forever! . One day, I am sure, that it will be picking up and they will work on it.

the_randomizer

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Me, plus a few others.

Being worked on.

Won't come until homebrew is possible.

Cafe OS uses dynamic linking, meaning the SDK is there on the filesystem for anyone to use once there's an exploit.

Uh...oh....right....uh. Yeah....*ahem* About that, well, the thing of it is....this is awkward for me. Now then, I'm going to just bail out while I'm ahead before I post a similarly negative assumption. You know, since I've been outta the loop. :shy:

pwsincd

Garage Flower
Developer
Trophies
XP

or

he generally tries to rowse some kind of info out of someone by beating the ideas down.. a kinda pesimistic call my bluff attitude...

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @BigOnYa @Xdqwerty, Gnight