brienj

Trying to avoid getting cancer
Trophies
Website
twitter.com
XP
Country
United States
now i wanna know where all the new devs are saying they arent developing projects becuase they didnt had kernel acess, kernel acess is for everyone and i dont see any of the devs appearing now lol they all just wanted loadiine plain and simple.
Guess you missed some of my newer posts ...

c80n

Trophies
XP
Country
Venezuela
Has anyone found any hooks for the Gamepad in the Virtual Console vWii mode yet?

Is there a way to boot the original Wii homebrew channel from the VC Wii wrapper. If you know what I mean. ;-P
This
I fully know the reasons why this hasn't been accomplished but damn, playing Wii games and Nintendont on the gamepad sounds too juicy to just let go.

ShadowOne333

QVID PRO QVO
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
This
I fully know the reasons why this hasn't been accomplished but damn, playing Wii games and Nintendont on the gamepad sounds too juicy to just let go.
If only Nintendo released an exploitable Wii game in the VC, that would be heaven. :P
Imagine booting Twilight Princess or Smash Brawl and running the exploit from there. xD
We would have access to the Homebrew Channel with Cafe2Wii enabled. :P

Trophies
Website
heyquark.com
XP
Country
Australia
You working on a retroarch port?

Considering it, and I know at least two people who are very interested in helping. Probably won't be Retroarch though, likely a whole new libretro frontend so we don't have to do as much work ;D

No promises though, we're really just talking about it at this point. No actual code has been written.

ploggy

WAKA! WAKA!
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Considering it, and I know at least two people who are very interested in helping. Probably won't be Retroarch though, likely a whole new libretro frontend so we don't have to do as much work ;D

No promises though, we're really just talking about it at this point. No actual code has been written.
Well I wish you luck and hope it becomes a reality. Something like retroarch is a must for the WiiU. :)

brienj

Trophies
Website
twitter.com
XP
Country
United States
Let's ot forget that there was a guy trying to port over RetroArch (Wii version) to the Wii U a while ago. :)
Yep. Work is being done, and I think I'm going to have to concede and bring the Wii U upstairs where my computer is so I don't have to walk up and down the stairs every time to test each change I am working on. Although I get a lot of exercise when things aren't working right ...

Edit: The work being done on RetroArch is by others, but I am following along with their progress at another website, and will be helping them in the future.

Last edited by brienj,

VinsCool

Persona Secretiva Felineus
Global Moderator
Trophies
Website
www.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Canada
Yep. Work is being done, and I think I'm going to have to concede and bring the Wii U upstairs where my computer is so I don't have to walk up and down the stairs every time to test each change I am working on. Although I get a lot of exercise when things aren't working right ...
Good luck! I am totally looking to stuff like this done!

Reactions: ploggy

brienj

Trophies
Website
twitter.com
XP
Country
United States
Good luck! I am totally looking to stuff like this done!
I haven't joined in the RetroArch work yet, but the work I'm doing on my game is going to come in handy and I'll be able to post some code that will help them. I'll be sure to help with that project though as much as possible once they get some code started.

VinsCool

Persona Secretiva Felineus
Global Moderator
Trophies
Website
www.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Canada
I haven't joined in the RetroArch work yet, but the work I'm doing on my game is going to come in handy and I'll be able to post some code that will help them. I'll be sure to help with that project though as much as possible once they get some code started.
The more people involved in cool projects, the better the homebrew scene will go!

brienj

Trophies
Website
twitter.com
XP
Country
United States
The more people involved in cool projects, the better the homebrew scene will go!
I still need to take the time to read up on SSB modding, because my son keeps bugging the hell out of me to do something. I downloaded a new map, just haven't looked at how you add it yet. HAHA We have a legit copy on disk, so I know I'll have to use Cafeiine or something or convert it to run in Loadiine.

But I hope to get involved with helping mod games too eventually.

Reactions: AboodXD

aracom

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Work is being done, and I think I'm going to have to concede and bring the Wii U upstairs where my computer is so I don't have to walk up and down the stairs every time to test each change I am working on. Although I get a lot of exercise when things aren't working right ...
Did that half a year ago, would've got a heart attack till now if still had to run down the stairs just to reboot my Wii U, lmao

Reactions: brienj

sroemr

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Keep freezing as loading exploit with the following error from HaxServer:

java.net.SocketException: Connection reset by peer: socket write error
at java.net.SocketOutputStream.socketWrite0(Native Method)
at java.net.SocketOutputStream.socketWrite(Unknown Source)
at java.net.SocketOutputStream.write(Unknown Source)kexploit10

at com.gudenau.haxserver.Stagefright.serveHax(Stagefright.java:103)US_5_
5_1

at com.gudenau.haxserver.HaxClient.serveHax(HaxClient.java:145)
at com.gudenau.haxserver.HaxClient.run(HaxClient.java:55)
at java.lang.Thread.run(Unknown Source)

EDIT: nvm, fixed it.

I HATE when people post a question asking about an issue they're having, when it's the one I also have, then edit or reply to it saying they fixed it but not stating what they did.

Anyway, does anyone know what to do to resolve this? I've tried loading the kernel 6 times and succeeded once, but then loadiine had issues so updated the dol to the nightly but now getting 2 exploits and 1 error, freezes on a black screen in the browser with the bottom bar still there.

Last edited by sroemr,

rw-r-r_0644

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy

I would also be interested in helping if you want :)

sroemr

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I HATE when people post a question asking about an issue they're having, when it's the one I also have, then edit or reply to it saying they fixed it but not stating what they did.

Anyway, does anyone know what to do to resolve this? I've tried loading the kernel 6 times and succeeded once, but then loadiine had issues so updated the dol to the nightly but now getting 2 exploits and 1 error, freezes on a black screen in the browser with the bottom bar still there.

Got it working.. Not sure which helped but removed an anti-virus that I didn't even know I had on my computer (Panda) and also took the kexpolit payload files (from the payload folder) and dumped them into the app folder like one of the videos said to do. Figured I'd let others know that have the same issue, maybe it'll help.

One of these two things seemed to do it, as I was able to load it up 3 times in a row without issue (loadiine froze one of the 3 times) and was able to play games.

Motobug

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I still need to take the time to read up on SSB modding, because my son keeps bugging the hell out of me to do something. I downloaded a new map, just haven't looked at how you add it yet. HAHA We have a legit copy on disk, so I know I'll have to use Cafeiine or something or convert it to run in Loadiine.

But I hope to get involved with helping mod games too eventually.
Smash modding is best done with SDCafiine, which loads the files off of the SD card instead of a server. If you have the leaked 5.5.1 kernel exploit you should already have the kernel31 and SDCafiine files.

Reactions: brienj

brienj

Trophies
Website
twitter.com
XP
Country
United States
Smash modding is best done with SDCafiine, which loads the files off of the SD card instead of a server. If you have the leaked 5.5.1 kernel exploit you should already have the kernel31 and SDCafiine files.
Yeah, I knew it would take one of the Cafeiine methods, either SD card or network, but I haven't even worked with either program, yet. Once I get the time, I'll eventually use them.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @mthrnite, Cheetah Girls, the sequel to Action 52's Cheetah Men.
    +2
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    Pokemon Black I played that one a lot
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Honestly never messed with Pokémon on ds much
  • mthrnite @ mthrnite:
    I played pokemon once, was bored, never tried again
    Oh Dragon Quest IX
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Spent like 5 hours on switch one never touched it again
    Sentinel of the stary skies
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Ds is 20 years old this year
    So MJ no longer wants to play with it?
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    He put it down when the 3ds came out
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @K3Nv2, RIP Felix does great videos on the PS3 yellow-light-of-death.
  • Jayro @ Jayro:
    Eventhough the New 3DS XL is more powerful, I still feel like the DS Lite was a more polished system. It's a real shame that it never got an XL variant keeping the GBA slot. You'd have to go on AliExpress and buy an ML shell to give a DS phat the unofficial "DS Lite" treatment, and that's the best we'll ever get I'm afraid.
    +1
  • Jayro @ Jayro:
    The phat model had amazingly loud speakers tho.
    +1
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Jayro, I don't see whats so special about the DS ML, its just a DS lite in a phat shell. At least the phat model had louder speakers, whereas the lite has a much better screen.
    +1
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    They probably said "Hey, why not we combine the two together and make a 'new' DS to sell".
  • Veho @ Veho:
    It's a DS Lite in a slightly bigger DS Lite shell.
    +1
  • Veho @ Veho:
    It's not a Nintendo / iQue official product, it's a 3rd party custom.
    +1
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Nothing special about it other than it's more comfortable than the Lite
    for people with beefy hands.
    +1
  • Jayro @ Jayro:
    I have yaoi anime hands, very lorge but slender.
  • Jayro @ Jayro:
    I'm Slenderman.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    I have hands.
    Veho @ Veho: +1