Wii U gamepass extreme lag and screen tearing

ElmBroken

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So when I got my Wii U gamepad, it started lagging like crazy, so I bout a replacement MICA2 chip for it. Aflyer installing it, it has made no difference, so the only other problem I could think that was happening was our internet Channel. So I tried to change it, but I have relatives that don’t want it changed, and we have starlink internet, so how would I change the channel anyway?
how do I fix this? Some games like Nintendoland are unplayable with this happening.

neverendsDull

Trophies
XP
Country
Tonga
Put the console away from the wireless router, and....in theory, the pad should choose the channel with least interference upon the booting sequence, so If your router is already on it should not pose serious issue. Try reboot the pad.

And the Wii U console also suffers from the poor EMI design, so you need several Anti-EMI magnet filter rings for every and each USB devices plugged into the console/ around the console.

ElmBroken

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The router is around 10 meters away from the wii u, in a closed room. The lag only happens when people are using the internet, because i tried when nobody else was using the internet and it didnt lag a single bit, also, how do i reboot a gamepad?

neverendsDull

Trophies
XP
Country
Tonga
Just walk far away from the console with pad in your hand, wait till it complain lost connection, then you can power off and on without switching console off
OR

use Aroma plugin Padcon

ElmBroken

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Rebooting didnt work.
whats emi? I do have a usb device around the system, a sd card adapter.
is there a way api can manually set the wireless channel for the wii u?

neverendsDull

Trophies
XP
Country
Tonga
Electromagnetic interference (EMI)
Search for "Anti-EMI magnet filter rings" but
Before buying anything, since you already confirmed that the pad streaming is OK with no internet traffic , I would first do a second confirm on router aspect, like turning off router when playing and see if it really get no lag/tearing.

neverendsDull

Trophies
XP
Country
Tonga
EMI ring.png

If decide to buy, this is what it looks like.
Qty: for every and each USB devices plugged into the console/ around the console

RedColoredStars

Trophies
XP
Country
Mozambique
And the Wii U console also suffers from the poor EMI design, so you need several Anti-EMI magnet filter rings for every and each USB devices plugged into the console/ around the console.

Huh? I have never had to do that a single time and have never heard about it being a problem for others. Not saying the problem doesn't exist, just that I've never seen talk about it.

V10lator

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
in theory, the pad should choose the channel with least interference
Not sure how it is for other regions but for EUR Nintendo restricted the usable channels so badly that a single 802.11ac router is able to occupy all the channels the pad is able to choose from.

but I have relatives that don’t want it changed
That's the issue. Tell them why you want the 5 ghz channel changed, then ask them why they are against it.

and we have starlink internet, so how would I change the channel anyway?
This has nothing to do with the upling / WAN side. It's all about the WLAN. So I guess you change it like with any other router in its WLAN settings.

ElmBroken

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Not sure how it is for other regions but for EUR Nintendo restricted the usable channels so badly that a single 802.11ac router is able to occupy all the channels the pad is able to choose from.

That's the issue. Tell them why you want the 5 ghz channel changed, then ask them why they are against it.

This has nothing to do with the upling / WAN side. It's all about the WLAN. So I guess you change it like with any other router in its WLAN settings.
how do i change that?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    DinohScene @ DinohScene: I remember you