Gamepad interference

monkeychunki

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Hi, I’ve had my Wii U for about a 6mths and I’ve had issues with lag/ stuttering on the gamepad since I purchased it.
I’ve recently been playing around with my network hubs different channels and modes (Wii u connected direct to hub) outside of my mesh network and I think it’s improved things however I can’t get away from the stuttering completely.

I’m starting to think it may not be the gamepad itself rather the 20 or so other devices on my network interfering. I’m wondering if this is an issue with 10 year old tech rather than a degrading chip in this instance.

Any views would be appreciated

Cheers

AmandaRose

Do what I do. Hold tight and pretend it’s a plan
Trophies
Website
www.rockstarnorth.com
XP
Country
United Kingdom
1. Do you have your HDD near the WiiU?
2. Do you have a router near the WiiU?
3. Do you keep a mobile phone near the WiiU gamepad?

All 3 in the past have caused me to have the same problems you are having. The Solution was to simply move them further away from the WiiU or Gamepad.

Reactions: Blythe93

AmandaRose

Do what I do. Hold tight and pretend it’s a plan
Trophies
Website
www.rockstarnorth.com
XP
Country
United Kingdom
1. Yep I have my HDD with my games connected and sat next to it.
2. Wireless router is about 4 meters away.
3. Sometimes
Disconnect the HDD and move it away from the WiiU. Switch the WiiU on and see if the issue is now fixed.

monkeychunki

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Thanks I’ll give it a go. If it does help, I assume I can plug any length cable into the HDD to move it away or do you think there’s a length that impacts the HDD performance

Blythe93

The Treasure Tracker
Trophies
XP
Country
Serbia, Republic of
Thanks I’ll give it a go. If it does help, I assume I can plug any length cable into the HDD to move it away or do you think there’s a length that impacts the HDD performance
Do you have a USB 3.0 Y cable or something like that plugged into the rear ports? If so, that would be a possible culprit. I remember reading somewhere that those cables cause interference with the WiFi module. Personally, I wasn't able to connect to the wireless network at all when my HDD sat atop of my console.

However, as far as I know, I had no issues with my gamepad, it worked just fine.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Lol rappers still promoting crypto