Wii U Failure Rates & Nintendo repair time

Discussion in 'Wii U - Console, Accessories and Hardware' started by wiiando, Jan 21, 2015.

1. wiiando
    OP

wiiando GBAtemp Regular

Dec 28, 2008
    United States
    Anyone had a Wii U fail on them in some way? Had mine nearly 4 months and came to play some MK8 a few days ago only to find out the HDMI output isn't working.

Resetting it via the gamepad made no difference the Wii U didn't detect any TV and the TV didn't detect the Wii U either.

Sent it off to Nintendo repair today to there UK centre, any ideas on a turnaround time?

2. Bent

Bent GBAtemp Regular

Nov 6, 2002
    United States
    A few weeks ago my launch day Wii U started having a blinking red light when it was in standby mode. I would need to unplug it then plug it back in, and it would work fine, but the next day I would notice the blinking red light again. Then the other day when I tried to play it, it wouldn't boot at all, as soon as the power button was pressed it would go to a blinking red light.

This is the first time I have ever sent a Nintendo console in for repair, (although once my wife's (then girlfriend) DS Lite's R Button stopped working and we sent that in) so I am not too familiar with the process. I also am in the US, so I have no idea what the differences between countries might be, so I am as intertested to hear any stories as well. Currently, the Nintendo website only lists my Wii U as "Received". I sent it in last Tuesday, so 8 days ago.

I am concerned they won't be able to retrieve any save data off of it now, since I didn't send it in at first issue and now it won't boot at all. But I didn't want to pay $100 bucks to repair it so close to Christmas if I didn't have to.

3. DarkWrath669

DarkWrath669 Member

Newcomer
    Sep 29, 2014
    Hampshire
    My experience with the UK repair center was only a week turn around time, so I shouldn't think it would be too long.
    My issue was software related on my 3DS, so hardware may be a little longer.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice