Wii U DNS alternate no longer connects

Discussion in 'Wii U - Hacking & Backup Loaders' started by Emeraldman94, Jul 31, 2016.

1. Emeraldman94
    OP

Emeraldman94 GBAtemp Fan

Dec 22, 2008
    United States
    So today randomly my Wii U will not connect to the internet with my altered DNS connection set up. It does however connect when I have it auto obtain. This is a brand new issue that just popped up, it worked fine 2 hours ago and I havent made any network changes. Any ideas? How can this happen. Did nintendo block the DNS?

2. CreeperMario

CreeperMario GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Jun 18, 2016
    Australia
    OSv10 v15702
    Are you DNS Servers set to 107.211.140.065? (TubeHax DNS)
    If so, that means that the TubeHax server crashed and is now offline. You cannot connect to it, and as such, you can only browse the Internet using IP Addresses.

TubeHax has been coming down a lot recently, so I find it a little more convenient to have my second DNS set to 104.236.072.203, which is an alternate server that accomplishes the same thing.

3. the_randomizer

the_randomizer The Temp's official fox whisperer

Apr 29, 2011
    United States
    Dr. Wahwee's castle
    Why does TubeHax keep freaking out? Doesn't the person who run it care about it anymore? Guess I better set up the second DNS, but I also keep the router's blacklist in place to block the servers too.

CreeperMario likes this.
  4. DarkFlare69

DarkFlare69 GBAtemp Psycho!

Dec 8, 2014
    United States
    Ohio
    I should put this in as my primary and secondary is 0.0.0.0?

CreeperMario likes this.
  5. CreeperMario

CreeperMario GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Jun 18, 2016
    Australia
    OSv10 v15702
    You could, but I personally use both of them (one of them primary, the other secondary) so that if one goes down, I don't lose my internet connection.

DarkFlare69 and Glyptofane like this.
  6. lafleche

lafleche GBAtemp Fan

Jan 4, 2007
    Netherlands
    I just denied the mac-adress from my wiiu complete internet-access in my router.
    To be honest: I don't trust the alternate dns servers anymore.

I have the android offline apk installed and it works like a charm. For the rest : why should I connect my Wiiu to the internet? For the browser apart for launching loadinne? Youtube -I have a smart-tv, a chromecast and a tablet (with cast) for that-? Getting covers in usbloader-gx : just get a complete set from gametdb ?

Better safe then sorry... i really don't want my wiiu to upgrade from 5.5.1. to .....whatever.

CreeperMario likes this.
  7. 7Robins

7Robins Bob is watching you.

Jun 20, 2016
    United States
    Tennessee
    Seeing as how the kexploit has been out to the public for months now without Nintendo responding at all, I don't think we're getting another update any time soon.

I'll put my trust in both DNSes so I can continue playing Splatoon, and I'm sure the minute an update is sent out we'll know. I'll have enough time to disconnect my WiiU while we wait for spoofing to be updated to the new firmware.

8. Ninja_Carver

Ninja_Carver GBAtemp Fan

Dec 27, 2012
    United States