Wii U: A homebrew beast

Hanafuda

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
For me the Wii U is first and foremost an HDMI Gamecube, Wii, and Wii U machine. I mean yeah, you need the GC controller adapter, but native playback of any game from all three of those systems out of one box is why you should get one. The emulation capability with all those legacy/retro systems is a nice bonus, and you can be sure that's all available on my Wii U, but tbh I don't really use it.

Reactions: raxadian

raxadian

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina
For me the Wii U is first and foremost an HDMI Gamecube, Wii, and Wii U machine. I mean yeah, you need the GC controller adapter, but native playback of any game from all three of those systems out of one box is why you should get one. The emulation capability with all those legacy/retro systems is a nice bonus, and you can be sure that's all available on my Wii U, but tbh I don't really use it.

If you like DS games but want to play them in a bigger screen for some reason I think you can on hacked Wii U? Or you are forced to send one of the screens to the totally not a tablet?

Personally I am quite happy with my hacked Wii and hacked 3DS, and my two CRT TVs thankfully still work so I just use my hacked Wii for Wii and Gamecube games. While my hacked 3DS is mostly used for DS, GBA, CBC and Gameboy games.

Of course I have a hackable Switch I just having bothered cause the joycons durability is trash. I would have got a pro controller but one not every game makes good use of it and two yes it suffers for drift too.

Overall if you already have a Wii U hack it or you will eventually lose everything in it. If you don't then think carefully if you really want to get one to hack it and run homebrew. If all you want is Wii and Gamecube games PC emulation has become quite good in a decent computer.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: He's old they're already roasted +1