MrTea

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Wii Turrican II: The Final Fight

Turrican%20II%20-%20The%20Final%20Fight_4.png
Turrican%20II%20-%20The%20Final%20Fight_6.png

I've (again) used DOSBox-Wii and configured and compiled it to work and autoboot the classic Amiga/PC game 'Turrican II: The Final Fight'.

Turrican II: The Final Fight is a platformer/shooter as typically seen on consoles, but originally designed for home computers from the ground up. This version is the original PC game running via DOSBox-wii (1.5) which simply autoboots into the game and has the controls mapped and binded so that you no longer need to use a usb keyboard.

To run simply extract and place the Turrican 2 folder into the apps folder on the wii and then load as normal via the homebrew channel.

Controls:
Return (to start game): +
Movements: D-pad
Fire Button: 1
Jump: 2 or up on the d-pad
Laser Barriers: A or B
Whirling Gyroscope: Down on d-pad + A or B
Special Attack: 1 + A or B
Quit: -

Credits:
Coding (DOSBox Wii): Thanks to Dborth and Carl Kenner for porting DOSBox for the Wii.
Wii contribution (the easy bit): Baboon for editing the mapper to get the joystick working on the Wiimote, creating the HBC icon and for making the game work (which was a bugger!) and autoboot on the Wii via the config file etc.

Turrican II original credits:
Factor 5

Turrican II: The Final Fight is officially free Abandonware so there should be no problem sharing it.

Download:
http://www.mediafire.com/?z24teckaxfkxaie

MrTea

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Bladexdsl said:
ZOMG the awesomeness
over9000yh0.jpg

can you use gamecube controller and does it have a channel?

I've not tried to be honest... it might work? If not then if I get round to it I'll add gc support on the next release. Theres no channel though (I don't use them anymore as I just boot straight to hbc via bootmii) but feel free to create and share one.
smile.gif

MrTea

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Bladexdsl said:
does it have cheat codes support?
tongue.gif

Well the original dos cheat should work (although I've not tried it) so Press A or B (or space on the virtual keyboard) on the title screen to enter the music menu, then type MEPHISTOPHELES (by pressing home and then typing it out wiith the virtual keyboard or with a real usb keyboard) and If you have done this correctly you'll hear a particular sound. After that, press - twice and start the game. Your life counter will now always display a 3.
smile.gif

Hadrian

Literally as TIGHT as a gnats chuff.
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Excellent stuff! Always a childhood favourite of mine and a game I can always play whenever.

Shame Factor 5 are gone and their last game was the Lair.

MrTea

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Thanks for the kind comments peeps... and yes this game is a classic.
smile.gif

morcar said:
awesome thank you

are there another other dos games u have done this with ?

Well the two games I wanted to work now do already (Moonstone and Turrican 2)... but I have done a few more games (that are also abandonware) that I could upload if I get the time.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=urglg3WimHA&list=RDPKZFk5t3czs&index=12&pp=8AUB