Hacking Wii System Transfer with a USB Loader GX

ThunderbInazuma

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
Hello Guys.

So today I bought my WiiU and I'm planning to transfer my Wii data to the vWii of the WiiU. However, I have Homebrew launcher & USB Loader GX installed there.

Is there any problem to do the Transference? Also, the USB Loader GX and the HB Launcher will still be there after it?

Thanks in advance.

AmandaRose

Do what I do. Hold tight and pretend it’s a plan
Trophies
Website
www.rockstarnorth.com
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Ok so only stuff you have officially bought from the eshop will be transferred along with your game saves then the wii will be reset with nothing on it. What to do first is a nand backup of the wii then do the transfer to the wiiu then on the wii reinstall the nand backup and the wii will run exactly as it did before the transfer.

7Robins

Bob is watching you.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I might be wrong, but I'm pretty sure that HBC and Loader will not work, since vWii and Wii are not a 1:1 copies. Best thing to do is just do the transfer, then hack vWii using @CJB100's excellent guide, and use the SD card you used for Wii on vWii.

ThunderbInazuma

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
So, I've done everything including the NAND Backup. However, I can't make the NAND Restore. Even though I can't install BootMii at Boot2, I should be able to use it from the HB Launcher to make the Nand Restore, right?

CJB100

Programmer, Media Producer, Hardware Repair
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You are doing the nand restore on the original Wii, correct?

CJB100

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

Have you already backed up the nand and then transferred the Wii data?

If this is the case, you should be able to hack the original Wii with whatever method you choose (Wilbrand and LetterBomb are probably the best choices) and then reinstall BootMii and HBC. Once that is done you should be able to do a nand restore via BootMii.

ThunderbInazuma

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
Have you already backed up the nand and then transferred the Wii data?

If this is the case, you should be able to hack the original Wii with whatever method you choose (Wilbrand and LetterBomb are probably the best choices) and then reinstall BootMii and HBC. Once that is done you should be able to do a nand restore via BootMii.

I've alredy done the transference. However, the Homebrew Channel and the USB Loader GX stayed there, so, I'm accessing the HB Launcher, press HOME to select BootMii, and at the BootMii, when I select Nand Restore it tell me something about Konami and to press Z ( but BootMii don't use any wiimote, so I don't know what Z is)

CJB100

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I've alredy done the transference. However, the Homebrew Channel and the USB Loader GX stayed there, so, I'm accessing the HB Launcher, press HOME to select BootMii, and at the BootMii, when I select Nand Restore it tell me something about Konami and to press Z ( but BootMii don't use any wiimote, so I don't know what Z is)

Z is referring to a GameCube controller. I think there's some combination of buttons on the front of the system you can press instead, give me a sec and let me see if I can find them.

Reactions: ThunderbInazuma

CJB100

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So, if I don't have any GB controller, I'm done, right?

I looked and yes, this is one of the few functions that absolutely requires a GameCube controller. Unfortunately reset and eject buttons cannot be used here. :/

CJB100

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Sorry you are fucked then.

As Marko put (not so elegantly >.>), there is nothing to do now unfortunately. I didn't see the post initially, and even if I had I wouldn't have remembered this bit of info. We should have asked before you transferred, sorry. But you should be able to easily get things back to working order if you still have your SD set up.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

The only thing I care, since The USB Loader and the HB are still there, are the saves. If I, on the vWii, put them on the SD Card, and after, put the SD Card on the Original Wii and transfer them again to the console, will they still work with USB Loader?

If you are talking about Wii save games, then yes, they should (assuming the vWii let's you copy them over). You will probably need to open up the game at least once before you will be able to copy the save from the SD Card over to your original Wii.

Last edited by CJB100,

AmandaRose

Do what I do. Hold tight and pretend it’s a plan
Trophies
Website
www.rockstarnorth.com
XP
Country
United Kingdom
As Marko put (not so elegantly >.>), there is nothing to do now unfortunately. I didn't see the post initially, and even if I had I wouldn't have remembered this bit of info. We should have asked before you transferred, sorry. But you should be able to easily get things back to working order if you still have your SD set up.
Yes sorry I forgot about the family edition wii and the wii mini as they never came out in my country we only had the the original version here.

Last edited by AmandaRose,
Reactions: CJB100

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    BETA215 @ BETA215: Fighting downhill is proper of traitors, sometimes you do what you have to do...