Hacking Wii system 4.0?

joda

Trophies
XP
Country
Hehe. Got backups running from Disc Channel again with cIOScorp v2. Shop Channel still works and runs off the new IOS61(?) which enables SDHC, so it can download purchases directly to my SD-card which System Menu 3.2E in turn can't read yet. =)

BIG MOE

๔*๖ LORD BIG MOE ™
Trophies
XP
Country
Syria
ok here is some info ( and my advice is don't update yet - DON'T UPDATE - to 4.0 ) some tests I've tried so far shows a various results on 4 Wiis I have here , upgrading from a hack free system to 4.0 will block all abilities for homebrew and backup loading since TPH and HBC are not installing
frown.gif
, however updating from 3.2 or 3.3v2 with softmods gave various results as I said , TPH is gone but HBC still there !! WadManagerv1.3 and USB2.0 still running including Softchip and Gamma channels even playing backups from DC no problem ,however IOSDowngrader worked on one but not the other though cIOSDowngrader worked on both back to 3.2 so further tests I'm doing now and I'll keep you updated , peace
wink.gif

Lakerfanalways

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Just a quick question, I am running firmware 3.4U..does this update automatically update itself or would I have to press something in order to update..someone had told me before that 3.4 will automatically update to a newer version so I just wanna be sure..I don't want to update to 3.5 since I've read about all the issues people are having

Digital1980

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
BIG MOE said:
ok here is some info ( and my advice is don't update yet - DON'T UPDATE - to 4.0 ) some tests I've tried so far shows a various results on 4 Wiis I have here , upgrading from a hack free system to 4.0 will block all abilities for homebrew and backup loading since TPH and HBC are not installing
frown.gif
, however updating from 3.2 or 3.3v2 with softmods gave various results as I said , TPH is gone but HBC still there !! WadManagerv1.3 and USB2.0 still running including Softchip and Gamma channels even playing backups from DC no problem ,however IOSDowngrader worked on one but not the other though cIOSDowngrader worked on both back to 3.2 so further tests I'm doing now and I'll keep you updated , peace
wink.gif

Thanks Moe!

Adr990

To boldly go where no man has gone before!
Trophies
Website
www.hyrule.net
XP
Country
Netherlands
Will Preloader / starfall be blocked by this either?

Congrats TT for TP hack... 1 year... how awesome!

Good job Nintendo on the piracy block. I heard it even gave a error if you launch a Wad installed VC/WW to SD game via the "SD card" which is the NAND... 0_o

computerboy

Trophies
XP
Country
Swaziland
Lakerfanalways said:
Just a quick question, I am running firmware 3.4U..does this update automatically update itself or would I have to press something in order to update..someone had told me before that 3.4 will automatically update to a newer version so I just wanna be sure..I don't want to update to 3.5 since I've read about all the issues people are having

There is no auto updating feature in 3.4 so you're safe

BIG MOE

๔*๖ LORD BIG MOE ™
Trophies
XP
Country
Syria
ok this is a fast reminder to all members , the big N don't have the ability yet to BAN or AUTO UPDATE your Console
wink.gif
so no one ask about that please
wink.gif
peace

9th_Sage

Trophies
Website
twitter.com
XP
Country
United States
buby78 said:
so if you upgrade by accident you will be able to downgrade? so can we put waninkokos rev 8 in to the new ios to make backups work?
If you have cIOS I think you're ok. I was able to downgrade my IOS files after installing this pretty easy, so it should work to downgrade if you so wish. Also, to the other guy, Starfall ONLY works on 3.2u or 3.2e. Anything else and you'll risk bricking (assuming starfall doesn't check). Wait and see if a new preloader comes out with codes supporting the new menu.

muzz

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
To anyone who has successfully reverted from 4.0 can you confirm if you have been able to maintain the ability to access the Shop Channel, thanks. Sorry, I've been poking around and I haven't seen this directly asked or confirmed yet and if it has shame on me.
smile.gif

DarkChili

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
muzz said:
To anyone who has successfully reverted from 4.0 can you confirm if you have been able to maintain the ability to access the Shop Channel, thanks. Sorry, I've been poking around and I haven't seen this directly asked or confirmed yet and if it has shame on me.
smile.gif
Yes you can, lol

RT-9

Trophies
Website
www.trancecast.tk
XP
Country
Canada
i,ve updated to wii system menu 4.0 but know 2 of my games do not work and the homebrew channel does'nt work,

i get a black screen after i boot up a game...any idea's??
you guys told that i was able to boot hbc from the SD wii menu... but certainly you CANNOT

the games are legend of zelda twilight princess
and super paper mario wii..

ssbb works as a breez...so i dont get it why blocking those games...:S for zelda.. i already had an idea they did something with that

i only get i fucking black screen which is quite blank.. no text.. wiimote loses sync...i hate this

oh, ive formatted my wii already

BIG MOE

๔*๖ LORD BIG MOE ™
Trophies
XP
Country
Syria
RomThunder said:
i,ve updated to wii system menu 4.0 but know 2 of my games do not work and the homebrew channel does'nt work,

i get a black screen after i boot up a game...any idea's??
you guys told that i was able to boot hbc from the SD wii menu... but certainly you CANNOT

the games are legend of zelda twilight princess
and super paper mario wii..

ssbb works as a breez...so i dont get it why blocking those games...:S for zelda.. i already had an idea they did something with that

i only get i fucking black screen which is quite blank.. no text.. wiimote loses sync...i hate this

oh, ive formatted my wii already
ok read my previous post when I said DON'T UPDATE how clear do you want me to phrase it for you , we are doing this tests on the behalf of the community cause we have the ability to revise our work and in my case I have 4 consoles for Dev and a personal to play with in my living room so why did you update smarty and if some one with no experience told you it's safe to jump from the roof would you do it out of a high rise
wink.gif
, when I'm done here with all the over whelming new stuff I'll see what can we do for you , for the time been give me a detailed info on what you had before the update in your console (TPH , HBC , what SM ? , Starfall Y/N ? , ......... ) what's working for you after updating
wink.gif

K

Kurisuellegarden

So, for the new features, are we going to attempt to modify the IOSs on 4.0 enough to make 4.0 our new 3.2? Or is there no hope in that? I'm hoping that it will kind of be like the PSP Firmware Modding...well..I guess they are completely different...but I really do look forward to those nice SD features. =]

BIG MOE

๔*๖ LORD BIG MOE ™
Trophies
XP
Country
Syria
Kurisuellegarden said:
So, for the new features, are we going to attempt to modify the IOSs on 4.0 enough to make 4.0 our new 3.2? Or is there no hope in that? I'm hoping that it will kind of be like the PSP Firmware Modding...well..I guess they are completely different...but I really do look forward to those nice SD features. =]
Wii is not a Psp !!! what Dax relied on to make the CFW with was leaked tools and files from $ony which we don't have here !!!! 4.0 System Menu just got released today and we might be working on Crackalacking it but we don't do miracles in seconds !!! so for the time being DON'T UPDATE, thanks
wink.gif

K

Kurisuellegarden

Well, I was meaning function wise. xD I know how they both work.
tongue.gif
I was meaning that we'd hack it IOS wise. v.v If I had more Wiis, I'd try to help too. =\ But I don't.

I wish you all the best of luck. =]

BIG MOE

๔*๖ LORD BIG MOE ™
Trophies
XP
Country
Syria
Kurisuellegarden said:
Well, I was meaning function wise. xD I know how they both work.
tongue.gif
I was meaning that we'd hack it IOS wise. v.v If I had more Wiis, I'd try to help too. =\ But I don't.

I wish you all the best of luck. =]
thanks buddy , the reason I said that cause I made a few homebrew apps for PSP since the scene started with my good buddies ( Booster and Fanjita
wink.gif
god bless them all they are the best ) back in the days and with the tools we had things were charming and sweet , here it's more work with less tools and lot's of creations
wink.gif

Heran Bago

Where do puyo come from?
Trophies
Website
heranbago.com
XP
Country
United States
BIG MOE work on your posting ego. Not every word of every post you make has to be in bold. I understand you want people to read what you type but so does everyone. I'm actually not reading them because of the lack of capitalization and punctuation combined with the boldness. If it was two out of those three, maybe.

I still have trucha signed stuff so.. well, not updating yet.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • BakerMan
    I rather enjoy a life of taking it easy. I haven't reached that life yet though.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @BakerMan, LOL. Its very sunny, what are you on about?