Hacking Wii still wants to perform an update

bobinski

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Greece
I have installed 4.1E through waninkoko's updater. I have cIOS 13, no Mii Contest Channel, no Nintendo Shop Chanel, no Everybody Votes channel

Grand Slam Tennis and Wii Sports Resort still want to perform a system update through the disk channel. Why is that? Can I safely do it?

What is the best solution for me except the brickblocker patch?

Jeomite

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
mestapho said:
Preloader

2x...
rolleyes.gif

Also make sure you find the 4.1E hacks.ini as any other version will not work ...

RobySchwarz

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
I have the same problem.

Did You think that perform the updating request is safe or i can lose the HBC or something else?
I don't like preloader too much and if possible i don't want to install it!

WalkerOfTheDay

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
RobySchwarz said:
I have the same problem.

Did You think that perform the updating request is safe or i can lose the HBC or something else?

Why not ? I think it's a great program. But install BootMii as boot2 first if you can.

RobySchwarz

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
WalkerOfTheDay said:
RobySchwarz said:
I have the same problem.

Why not ? I think it's a great program. But install BootMii as boot2 first if you can.

BootMii is installed as boot2..... maybe i can try the preloader.... or StartPatchv4.1...

QUOTE(misteromar @ Jul 31 2009, 11:30 AM)
Should be safe just doing the upsate.

http://wiibrew.org/wiki/System_Menu_4.1

SHOULD BE..... maybe i will try.... if anything fail, i restore the consolle with bootmii :-)

brand0dotcom

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
just installing preloader wont cause any bricks. just follow a guide on how to properly use it. oh, and make sure you get hacks for the right region. 4.1E Hacks.ini!

or you could just run dop-ios to update you're ios's.

RobySchwarz

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
OK, with fw 4.1 installed I have done the upgrade that grand slam tennis request..... and... no problem.

Now i can launch this game (and sports resort) from disc menu, and all the other backup with backup launcher.

AdamBrunt

Trophies
XP
Country
I had preloader setup to skip disc updates.

I then installed Wanin's 4.1 updater (successfully) and now the Disc channel (with WSR in the drive) has "Disc Update" stamped on it.

Does Wanin's installer remove Preloader ? Or just your Preloader settings ? I assume (due to how it works) it's just the latter so I just need to go through and set it up again right ?

Also, if I have both BootMii and Preloader installed (but no GC controller) at what point at boot up do I press and hold the reset button to get to the Preloader menu ?

Blue-K

No right of appeal.
Trophies
XP
Country
Swaziland
AdamBrunt said:
I had preloader setup to skip disc updates.

I then installed Wanin's 4.1 updater (successfully) and now the Disc channel (with WSR in the drive) has "Disc Update" stamped on it.

Does Wanin's installer remove Preloader ? Or just your Preloader settings ? I assume (due to how it works) it's just the latter so I just need to go through and set it up again right ?

Also, if I have both BootMii and Preloader installed (but no GC controller) at what point at boot up do I press and hold the reset button to get to the Preloader menu ?
And again someone that has now clue what he done...jez, read up first, before you hack your Wii...
rolleyes.gif

You installed the new Systemmenu, and, because Preloader is connected to the Systemmenu, it got removed (it's even on WiiBrew, read please). Install it again, download the Hacks for 4.1. And next time, read up...

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye: ballcock