Hacking Wii Sports Resort WORKS with NEOGAMMA R8

kolobos

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
After experiencing the Wii resetting itself while trying to load Wii Sports Resort i began to research this error and after testing various methods i found this to work perfectly.

Firstly i was testing a Wii that i had just performed the 4.2 Safe Firmware Updater on and using NeoGamma R8 beta loader.

I installed IOS55-64-v4633 but this did not work although it might have contributed further down the line I'm not sure.

I then downloaded the alternative RTZP01.dol (searched Google for "megaupload rztp.dol" for Wii Sports resort and placed it on an SD card in the folder NeoGamma

Inserted the game disc and selected Neogamma, at the options screen i then chose

-> Config options
-> Alter. .dol and selected SD

Returned to main menu and selected Launch game on dvd. Then the game will play the 3min video of how to use the motion controller. When finished playing the Wii will reset itself. DON'T WORRY!

Now load game through NeoGamma as normal and all should work fine. The only other thing i did whether or not it makes a difference i am not sure but i copied an existing game save of Wii Sports Resort from another machine onto the one i was testing.

Steve.

silvershadow

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
smile.gif
thanks for sharing the info, however, this was the method posted to play the game since the day it came out, except instead of illegally obtaining a file that shouldnt be shared, you would extract it yourself, or also just load it straight from the disc, rather than sd card;) (or hdd rather than sd card)

XFlak

Wiitired but still kicking
Trophies
Website
modmii.github.io
XP
Country
Cyprus
out of curiosity... if I choose alt dol from disk, but I am launching the game from a hard drive, will it still work? I suspect it will use the alt dol from the disk image in this instance, but I'm not sure (as I've always use the extracted player.dol from my SD card). Not a big deal, just curious.

tj_cool

Site dev
Supervisor
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
xflak40 said:
out of curiosity... if I choose alt dol from disk, but I am launching the game from a hard drive, will it still work? I suspect it will use the alt dol from the disk image in this instance, but I'm not sure (as I've always use the extracted player.dol from my SD card). Not a big deal, just curious.
Yes, it loads the alt dol from the game (not from an actual disc), so it'll work
That was one of the reasons "Alt dol from Disc" got another name in USB Loader GX

kolobos

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
MANY MANY THANKS!

I searched for a solution but did not really find one considering this is old news, so i was kinda pleased that i sussed it out.

WiiPower thanks for the advice on loading alt.dol from the game disc i'll try that from now on and does this work for other titles aswell?

Kind Regards everyone and Merry Xmas

HiBit

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    OctoAori20 @ OctoAori20: Nice nice-