Hacking Wii Sports Resort NTSC USA Black Screen

jettwinlock

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
For the past 2 days straight I have been trying to get wii sports resort to work I have been all over doing every work around i can think of and it won't go beyond a black screen and my wii starts making a noise and i have turn it off to reset.

This is my set up I don't use any USB loader at the moment as i like the discs and I don't have any Harddrives to use like this, I will pry switch but not anytime soon and I have friends who get my games, as well so i burn multiple discs. I am not a noob as I have been doing these games for awhile.

Set up

Neogamma R7 RC4 Iso 249 Rev14 -- this is from the HBC on the Sdcard
I also have Neogamma R5 R6
Neogamma R4 Rev14 on Disc Channel
I have 4.1- after I set up 4.0 from clean source, and before that I had 3.2.
Every game i have works fine after this set up except Wii Sports Resort. I updated to 4.1 since somewhere it said it was safe if you already had 4.0 from a clean source.

The biggest difference between R7 and the the rest that I notice was the Anti 002 fix is missing on R7 and not my R4 or R5 not sure why just figured it was normal. R6 just goes directly to disc channel without any options, or text, so I am not sure about that.

I am using the movie file .dol method as it was explained and it says it loads but I don't see any movie. I tried all Neogamma's and no results. I keep getting a black screen and it looks like it's tryng to read the disc and keeps making weird noises. I even went back to Rev 13a tried it this way, and nothing.

I updated all the ios, I tend to do this, but maybe I missed some, i have been burning games for awhile so I don't think I made a bad copy otherwise i wouldn't have seen so many problems with this from other people.

Before I start messing around will all the Ios's again I just want to know if my set up is right or if I have something wrong or if I am missing an Ios I never knew about that I somehow need to play this game. I have 51 53 55 60, plus all the previous ones that were needed.

I am just afraid if I start messing with all these Ios that I will brick or mess up the setting so I can't play any of the game I already have.

Anyhelp would be great.

greevedogg

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
hey jettwinlock....

here goes....
following the advice from the other thread there, i extracted the player.dol from Wii Sports Resort using WiiScrubber1.4. then i renamed it RZTE01.dol and put it in my alt-dol folder on my sd card. then i loaded WiiSportsResort using the alt-dol which brings up the WiiMotionPlus instructional video. i had no trouble there.... after watching the 3min vid, i rebooted my wii, went back into USBloaderGX, unlocked settings, changed WiiSportsResort to boot from alt-dol back to regular boot, and turned on anti 002 fix....the game works fine for me!

i understand you're using discs and not USB, but maybe something i did in there can help you out, i don't know. my set-up is as follows: 3.2U, cios rev13a, and i have all the other ios's that you mentioned above...i'm running usbloadergx ver600something...

if you have any other questions, i can try and answer then for you...hope you can figure it out and get it working

jettwinlock

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well I seem to have all the things in a row with the player.dol and renamed. I started doing through the disc on Neogamma 6 as stated in the one instructions. I feel like I am doing everything I am supposed to be doing. and it says it loads the player.dol but than it would just freeze still making the disc spin.

I am wondering if I need any specific IOS I don't know about or just missed to get it to play, I've been downgrading and up grading my wii like crazy tryiing to reinstall everything and it still does not work it's driving me bonkers.

I feel like it's all in the that Player.dol since I can't get that damn thing to play the video.

jettwinlock

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I am wondering if I have bad download of the game, it was scrubbed down to 984 megs, from a torrent. So I am wondering if that is a problem causing with the .dol, because it always says its loaded but than just freezes.

I was wondering if this sounds logical, rent the game have the dol player do it thing and keep the burnt game from than on.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Veho @ Veho: Imagine putting your butt near it :tpi: