Hacking Wii Softmod Brick??? Need fix!

Shwigly

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hello!

I have a huge problem with my softmodded wii. I've installed the homebrew channel on my wii 4.1u and only recently have I began backing up my discs on usb loader because of scratches and physical deformities on the disc. I read that to make different games work you must have specific IOS's installed. Before, I was able to easily play super smash bros brawl both with and without mods off of the disc. However, after I backed it up onto an external harddrive and started playing it through usb loader gx, the game became a black screen after I clicked play. I thought it had something to do with the IOS, so I went into multi mod manager to change which IOS I was using. That's where I made my mistake, because lo and behold after selecting IOS 249, my wii froze and had to be resetted to get anything to work. After the reset, my wii couldn't start. No channels showed up and it was just a black screen. Luckily though, bootmii is installed on boot2 and I am able to access both the homebrew channel and a NAND backup/restore (unfortunately I rushed and forgot to make a backup before, which would have made this whole process much easier :/). At this point I'm not sure how I would retrieve my old wii back and start over. I just want to erase every IOS I ever installed and start fresh, following easy tutorials on how all this stuff works.

If anybody could please tell me how to fix my wii it will be greatly appreciated. I've sat and searched for hours on how to regain the system menu back and access the channels again. I have already tried fiddling with multi mod manager and reinstalling 4.1 system menu. My wii let me press a when I booted up but proceeded to tell me that the system files are corrupted. Help!

mauifrog

DA KINE WiiHacker
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
When you boot the wii, at the health screen hold + - on the wiimote, then press A while holding + -. The wii should boot into maintenance mode. If it does go to the system settings and do a system format. If needed backup any important savegames from the HBC with savegame manager first, best to make a nand backup first also. The format will remove all installed channels, savegames, miis, message board, play logs, etc. So when your done, you will need to reinstall the HBC and other channels you use, and restore any needed savegames.

You could try and skip the system format by following the readme instructions in this- http://det1re.de/d/hb/mailbox_brick_fix-det1re.rar
It will replace a few files on nand fixing issues with the message board, no format needed.

If the wii does not load maintenance mode, possibly you installed a bad channel and have a banner brick. Uninstalling the bad channel would be needed to fix.

Xotadi

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I would recommend you update your Wii after you fix it and just use letterbomb to softmod as it's really easy

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: I'm sleepy good night