mcjones92

Kingpin
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I bought this: Wiikey SD adapter

and it is basically an off brand SD Gecko. Everytime insert it into my wii my wii basically shorts out and goes to the red light shutdown. No matter if there is an SD card in the adapter or not. Why does it do this? Is there anyway to fix it? I just want to dump games without going over the Internet.

Det1re

det1re.de
Trophies
Website
det1re.de
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Mhh OK. Maybe the item you received is defective. Is it the same when you insert it while the Wii is off? So can it boot with the card inserted?

Dr4c0

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
isnt it for the GC...just because it works with GC doesnt mean the wii will act the same..... and if it is suppose to work and its not.......then it is defective...so says Ockham's razor

also if it is making ur wii cut straight off......maybe u should stop doing it.....could be bad for it...

Sazzles

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
The title of the page is "Wiikey SD Card Adapter for Wii" . Yes.... I'm almost sure it's for the Wii!

raulpica

With your drill, thrust to the sky!
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Okay okay. Let's clarify somethings here.

This adapter DOESN'T WORK only with WiiKey. It works on unmodded Wiis, modded Wiis and GCs. So it's also not only for GC.

The first homebrews for Wii used this for saving, so you can be sure that's supported by the Wii.

If it does this problem, it's been probably wrongly soldered inside. Try it on another Wii, if it does the same thing, throw it away. It could potentially damage the MemCard slot.
Don't forget to try a GC memcard on your Wii, if it does the same thing, then the problem's in your Wii.

Also why not just dump games over WiFi locally or directly on the Wii internal SD slot? IIRC, there are dumpers that do that.

mcjones92

Kingpin
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm not in to homebrew, but that will be my next choice. And standard GC mems do work. And is there a way to dump a game directly to the internal SD? The whole point is avoiding my ISP from seeing my downloads.

Is installing wads and homebrew shit really as hard as it seems?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Sonic Angel Knight @ Sonic Angel Knight: @_@