Hacking Wii Shop question

jonnythefox

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I got my wii a few days ago, upgraded to 3.4 then heard about the awesomeness of the starfall. Downgraded to 3.2 and installed it no problems. Wii Shop still works like a charm. I'm going to start on my mates wii as well, but I'm not sure what firmware he's on yet.

Here's the question(s):

* If he's on 3.2 and I install starfall and whatnot, will the Wii Shop and various other channels still work?
* Would upgrading to 3.4 then downgrading again be a better idea if I want to keep these channels working?

Oh yeah, it's my first post, gbatemp = awesome.

IOwnAndPwnU

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
jonnythefox said:
I got my wii a few days ago, upgraded to 3.4 then heard about the awesomeness of the starfall. Downgraded to 3.2 and installed it no problems. Wii Shop still works like a charm. I'm going to start on my mates wii as well, but I'm not sure what firmware he's on yet.

Here's the question(s):

* If he's on 3.2 and I install starfall and whatnot, will the Wii Shop and various other channels still work?
* Would upgrading to 3.4 then downgrading again be a better idea if I want to keep these channels working?

Oh yeah, it's my first post, gbatemp = awesome.

My opinion, if you want to be on the safe side, just do EXACTLY what you did for yours, so update to 3.4.

ether2802

we have the techno...!!
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
follow your instinc, install what's on my signature first, then upgrade, and then downgrade and install anything else, remember to use cIOS Down1.2 + IOS Down1.0...!!!
smile.gif

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtu.be/IihvJBjUpNE?si=CsvoEbwzNKFf0GAm cool