Fyuusii

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Hey there,

Been wading through this forum since my Wii flashed blue. Fortunately, I haven't updated as of yet, and I'm trying not to, as my freeloader is essential to me for playing NTSC No More Heroes. Sadly, I also love whoring the Wii shop quite frequently so I'm in a pickle.

I went through the Homebrew Channel install process and proceeded to load Tona's cIOS and the IOS51/Shop Channel update. I have no trouble with the former two, but the shop channel updates always crashes out, usually at step 8 of 18, sometime at 7 and 3 also. No matter what combo of installing the three (while using AnyTitleDeleter to clean up the mess each time), I simply can't get past this point. I'm on an Aus Wii at 3.2.

I noticed DJ Taz had a similair problem, he said using cIOS 5 fixed it, but I'm not having the same luck. Is this because he used Waninkoko's version or does it even matter? I couldn't even load his WADs because they keeps crashing out with a ret -1 error. Tona's code seems much more stable, but it just won't finish the shop channel update...

Any suggestions are much appreciated.
smile.gif

Diffusion

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
thinkoutsidetheb0x said:
Anyone with NTSC Wii (firmware 3.2U) with just dvdx and IOS249 advance install try this out yet?

I haven't used the Wii Shop in awhile; want just in case a family member wants to purchase something from there.

Trying to keep the custom software installs to a minimal and the firmware updates updated only as needed.
I have 3.2U w/ DVDX and IOS249 advance install.

It works.

Jm9760

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So I have this installed and it works great! Just wondering: Does my Wii think that it's updated now, or will it still try to update if I allow it?

djtaz

PM's Full - Wadder Me
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
IANS325 said:
Just updated link

go here

If that ever runs out i have a permenant copy in the zip in my sig - granted there a lot more in that as well, but it covers almost everything so if people need things like that they are generally there - click the howto to get an idea of whats in the zip if you ever need anything.

agn015

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Jm9760 said:
So I have this installed and it works great! Just wondering: Does my Wii think that it's updated now, or will it still try to update if I allow it?
I was wondering this as well. Also are there any issues with using this update, how safe is it?

Prince Valmont

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ok, I'm getting an error as I try to install this:

TMD../ net_gethostbyname: FAILED -10004
error making http address

And it displays a URL, but it's only visible for 3 seconds until the HBC loads back up automatically.

Any advice?

I connect to the net via Nintendo USB WiFi adapter.

EDIT: Nevermind. I just restarted the damn computer and it's working now.
Thank you, Tona & Muzer.

Fyuusii

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
I stupidly remembered that I had a USB dock charger connected to my machine this morning, so I disconnected this and tried again. Unfortunately still no luck installing the shop update. No matter what I do, it always stalls at 8/18 with the same "error making http address" error that Prince Valmont mentioned.

It makes me wonder if this is a networking issue, but why does it always stall at THAT point? I'm confused... =/

Diffusion

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Monster On Strings said:
the download limit for the homebrew channel of tona's installer has been reached
frown.gif
Use the normal one.

Create a new folder in the apps folder.

Then drop the .dol file you downloaded into the new folder and rename it to boot.dol.

Now you can run it in HBC.

bnninja

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
ah but what if you've reached your download limit and your isp is shaping you till the end of the month so the installer times out when trying to download the update files?
wiigator provided the offline files for his newest version of the cios updater, can anyone upload the update files for this?
pretty please

Diffusion

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
bnninja said:
ah but what if you've reached your download limit and your isp is shaping you till the end of the month so the installer times out when trying to download the update files?
wiigator provided the offline files for his newest version of the cios updater, can anyone upload the update files for this?
pretty please
The download fails and you either turn the Wii off or it automatically takes you back to HBC.

Nothing bad happens.

djtaz

PM's Full - Wadder Me
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Fyuusii said:
I stupidly remembered that I had a USB dock charger connected to my machine this morning, so I disconnected this and tried again. Unfortunately still no luck installing the shop update. No matter what I do, it always stalls at 8/18 with the same "error making http address" error that Prince Valmont mentioned.

It makes me wonder if this is a networking issue, but why does it always stall at THAT point? I'm confused... =/
I had a problem like that as well - i had to re-install using the ios51 again and it worked - if the ios51 has an install issue you cante move on to the shop channel - try that part again and see how you get on - then try shop channel again - should fix it .

spacemansp

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I tried installing Tona's version of the update and it crashed during the Wii Shop update..

It says I still have wii version 3.1
do i need to fix anything because the update crashed? or did it just not update anything yet?

(worried...)

Arek1985

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I just want to say Thanks to both Muzer and Tona. Now I sued Tona's version and had no problem installing ios 51 and shop channel update. Even had Gamecube stuff plugged in. Went to shop channel to amke sure it didn't want to update and wham loads faster than ever before. Glad the homebrew crew came up with this update. Namely I plan to stay on menu 3.2 forever if at all possible. But wanted shop channel updated for GH:WT dlc. Now if only Nintendo would have permitted Activison to allow purchase of wii points from within their shop.

Again a grateful thank you to everyone that has made this possible.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    AncientBoi @ AncientBoi: I just Luv having CEX :)