Hacking Wii Shop and IOS51 installer Guide

  • Thread starter Thread starter IANS325
  • Start date Start date
  • Views Views 14,844
  • Replies Replies 56

IANS325

Member
Newcomer
Joined
Mar 5, 2008
Messages
9
Reaction score
0
Trophies
1
XP
39
Country
This is for People who have not updated to the new version of 3.3


Quote from http://wiibrew.org/wiki/Wii_Shop_and_IOS51_installer

"Wii Shop and IOS51 installer is a very quick modification of PatchMii modified by Muzer that does one thing: It installs the new IOS51 and Wii Shop Channel, without installing the patches to all the other IOSes. This means that as long as you didn't update, you can now install this to use the Wii Shop Channel but keep all the benefits of not having the update.

Anybody at all could have made this, just everyone is too busy at the moment, so I figured I would make it. It's literally modifying 4 lines of code and commenting out a bunch of stuff. Because of this I didn't bother to include the source in the package, but if anyone wants me to, I'll happily include it.

This does not have the same effects as updating, so you get the best of both worlds.

You can do this on any system menu version and it will work fine, keeping the system menu version you have.

I made the program as two separate dol files, because it's easier and quicker for me that way, if this lasts a while I'll make a version that combines the two files.

.

Instructions: Simply load one file, then the other. It does not matter in which order you load them. Use any method."

There are two installers

Muzer's

Wii Shop and IOS51 installer


and Tona's
This version will install both IOS51 and the Shop Channel in the same installer and will also patch the signature hash check out of IOS51 for you (fakesign bug).
Wii Shop and IOS51 installer + fake sigature patcher


I have created a HBC friendly version for Tona's as Matthew_F had already done for Muzer's

here


Install Guide for Tona's HBC Friendly ISO51 Channel_updater

1) TAKE OUT ANY GAMECUBE MEMORY CARDS/CONTROLLERS AND USB DEVICES BEFORE INSTALLING ANYTHING.

2)unzip the shop update directory into the apps directory on your sd memory card. The directory should now look something like this x:\apps\shop update

3)Instert SD Memory Card Back into Wii.

4)Open HBC

5)Select Shopping Channel Update ISO + Fake Patcher

6)Now follow the on screen instructions.



NOTE:- I could NOT get the shopping channel to work without the ISO51 installed

Big Thanks to Tona's & Muzer and Matthew_F For this Fix. UPDATED LINK
 
What if I already updated?

frown.gif
 
with a custom IOS installed, you are kind of lucky! Do not delete it!!

If you updated without the cIOS, you are screwed... for now.
 
is wii homebrew (and piracy) invincible or what?
 
Great job!

But im unable to download the HBC friendly version for Tona's

QUOTE said:
This file is neither allocated to a Premium Account, or a Collector's Account, and can therefore only be downloaded 10 times.

This limit is reached.

is there any other source?
 
Works like a charm providing you didn't update.

Just it only works if my Wii's country is set to a European Country (on a different one, not my current one).

Also, how are you suppose to agree to WiiConnect when it asks for an update? I used Region Changer to force the agreement.
 
I've only tried Tona's release, which seems to be the best. You can patch the fakesigning right into the IOS51 from his.
 
Anyone with NTSC Wii (firmware 3.2U) with just dvdx and IOS249 advance install try this out yet?

I haven't used the Wii Shop in awhile; want just in case a family member wants to purchase something from there.

Trying to keep the custom software installs to a minimal and the firmware updates updated only as needed.
 

Site & Scene News