Hacking Wii Resort (j) - doesn't load by disc or usb loader. blue screen.

BluepointVance

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I used this exact method... My wii is 3.2u... Worked like a charm...
Only differences: I'm on CIOS rev 12. USB loader GX Forwarder r550. I also never installed ios38, 53, 55...
Everything else I did the same as below...

K3G4 said:
This is what I did to get it to work:

-I used the USB Loader GX Forwarder w/ r554 and w/ CIOS rev10. Wii - 3.2U. (To those who wonder about IOS38, 53, 55: I didn't install any of these. I used Big Moe's installer from way back but I'm not sure if any of these files were included.)
-I used wiiscrubber to extract the player.dol file from partition1/sys/mpls_movie/. (I followed KobyKaan's instructions from the Neogamma thread)
-I then renamed the player.dol to RZTJ01.dol.
-I placed this file in the root directory of my SD card.
-Ran USB loader GX Forwarder and chose the wii resort game file.
-Hit the settings button on the left
-Then modified the following:
Game Language: Japanese
Error 002 fix: ON
Alternate DOL: ON
Block IOS Reload: ON
-Started the game by clicking the disc icon
-Game ran, video started. Do whatever you want until vid ends. Hit A
-The wii should restart itself
-Now go back to USB loader GX and choose the wii resort disc again.
-Go to settings and turn OFF the alternate dol setting.
-Run the game and it should work.

Thanks to everyone here that posted their method to get the game to run. I read around and pieced together what to do. Hopefully this works for the rest of the ppl trying to run it. If something is unclear, PM me. It's 2:30AM, im out...

GloboGym

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
It works fine for me after loading the video dol once, no matter what loader.

However, the game only works in one videomode, which is, of course, NTSC. And that is a problem for people that use RGB cables. I call it RedVision, lol !

Neither AutoPatch nor forcing PAL60 work.

WiiPower, do you think you could work some magic there, ?!
bow.gif

adzix

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Australia
wow, i am feeling confused.
this is the first time that i actually can't manage to get a game working.

i'm on 3.2 Pal, with cyclowiz chip.
the bootloader gives me the blue screent 002 error
so i installed the gecko os 1.9.1 that most people seem to get successfull with.
it gives me the 'no drive' error.
i browsed through this thread and saw that some other folks have that same issue.
can someone try to explain to me in simple words (we old folks need everything simplified)
how to go on from here to avoid this no drive - error and get this game running somehow?
(from disc, obviously)

thanks in advance

Bronzodiriace

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
cios rev 10 fixed
Firmware 4.0 waninkoko
Usb loader gx r544

In game settings the first time I use the settings posted like "block ios reload", game language jap,ios 249 and it works [ I forgot to move the save from sd card to wii memory]

Now when I load the game i use the setting to recognize lan adapter m-load 222 and not ios 249 and the game works without a problem [langage by disk, alt-dol no, ios 222, block ios reloading no]

WiiPower

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
adzix said:

so i installed the gecko os 1.9.1 that most people seem to get successfull with.
i browsed through this thread and saw that some other folks have that same issue.
can someone try to explain to me in simple words (we old folks need everything simplified)
how to go on from here to avoid this no drive - error and get this game running somehow?
(from disc, obviously)

thanks in advance

Modchip + Gecko OS 1.9 = DO NOT EVER TOUCH .ISOS, NO BRICKCRAP and NO CRAPPY REGION PATCHER, NO NOTHING!

If you want to patch .isos, use my latest Gecko OS 1.07b mod you find at WiiBrew and have a trucha capable IOS36 installed.

spacerobot

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
K3G4 said:
This is what I did to get it to work:

-I used the USB Loader GX Forwarder w/ r554 and w/ CIOS rev10. Wii - 3.2U. (To those who wonder about IOS38, 53, 55: I didn't install any of these. I used Big Moe's installer from way back but I'm not sure if any of these files were included.)
-I used wiiscrubber to extract the player.dol file from partition1/sys/mpls_movie/. (I followed KobyKaan's instructions from the Neogamma thread)
-I then renamed the player.dol to RZTJ01.dol.
-I placed this file in the root directory of my SD card.
-Ran USB loader GX Forwarder and chose the wii resort game file.
-Hit the settings button on the left
-Then modified the following:
Game Language: Japanese
Error 002 fix: ON
Alternate DOL: ON
Block IOS Reload: ON
MAKE SURE YOU SAVE THESE SETTINGS
-Started the game by clicking the disc icon
-Game ran, video started. Do whatever you want until vid ends. Hit A
-The wii should restart itself
-Now go back to USB loader GX and choose the wii resort disc again.
-Go to settings and turn OFF the alternate dol setting. (Thanks BlackEnigma)
-Run the game and it should work.

Thanks to everyone here that posted their method to get the game to run. I read around and pieced together what to do. Hopefully this works for the rest of the ppl trying to run it. If something is unclear, PM me. It's 2:30AM, im out...

This method worked for me with two exceptions. I am using USb Loader GX r552 and CIOS rev13a.

adzix

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Australia
WiiPower said:
adzix said:

(from disc, obviously)

thanks in advance

Modchip + Gecko OS 1.9 = DO NOT EVER TOUCH .ISOS, NO BRICKCRAP and NO CRAPPY REGION PATCHER, NO NOTHING!

If you want to patch .isos, use my latest Gecko OS 1.07b mod you find at WiiBrew and have a trucha capable IOS36 installed.

see that's the problem right there.
i haven't altered the iso in any form.
i downloaded the full, unscrubbed iso and burned it, like i always do. i never need any patching.
yet i get those errors mentioned above and thus i am clueless....

Turrican77

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
GloboGym said:
It works fine for me after loading the video dol once, no matter what loader.

However, the game only works in one videomode, which is, of course, NTSC. And that is a problem for people that use RGB cables. I call it RedVision, lol !

Neither AutoPatch nor forcing PAL60 work.

WiiPower, do you think you could work some magic there, ?!
bow.gif

Is it possible to play on PAL with RGB and full Colors or no way?

fitch

Trophies
XP
Country
gecko os worked for me too. (using 4.0E wii with wiikey). watched the whole video then couldnt play cos i dont have a motion+ yet
frown.gif

dabomy

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Has anyone got this to load from a disc? I'm running cios rev 13, softmod, and I've tried everything in this forum with no luck. i tried the neogamma that was posted earlier and it just reboots. I tried another version of neogamma and get 001, tried backup launcher, no luck. I wanna play!

dancemonkey

Trophies
XP
Country
OK, so I have this running from a USB loader and Geckos. I have a 3.2e with a Wiikey which gives me Error 001 if I try it from the Disc Channel. Am I right in assuming it will not work from the Disc Channel until they release a new update for Wiikey?

Cheers.

sampson

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
dabomy said:
Has anyone got this to load from a disc? I'm running cios rev 13, softmod, and I've tried everything in this forum with no luck. i tried the neogamma that was posted earlier and it just reboots. I tried another version of neogamma and get 001, tried backup launcher, no luck. I wanna play!

use the neo gamma that reboots and follow the alternate dol steps to get the video to play... once the video finishes turn off the alternate dol option and it will work

mrMuppet

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Is there any chance to get it to work in PAL-Videomode? I can only ply it in NTSC on my PAL-System but not all TVs support NTSC... any Idea?

nkarafo

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Greece
If anyone have played it with disc in a European Wii with modchip and without usb loader, please tell us the method.
Thanks.

mrMuppet

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
nkarafo said:
If anyone have played it with disc in a European Wii with modchip and without usb loader, please tell us the method.
Thanks.

Did you try it with Gecko OS 1.9.1 w/ option Language Japanese ??

nkarafo

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Greece
mrMuppet said:
nkarafo said:
Thanks.

Did you try it with Gecko OS 1.9.1 w/ option Language Japanese ??

Yes, but no effect. I tried with Rebooter and still nothing. I tried enforce PAL60, NTSC, Japanese, Region Free, etc but no luck.

LexLuthor

Trophies
XP
Country
Sorry to be an asshole to all your people with problems but I had no issue at all running the disk through the disk channel.

No mod chip
Wii 4.0 (upgraded unofficially from 3.2E)
CIOS CORP Installed
Appropriate Preloader Hacks Enabled
Burnt the disk using IMGBurn at 4x speed
The ISO I burnt was trimmed (not Scrubbed)
CIOS rev 12
Disk plays fine though the disk channel.

Thats all the info I can think to post.

The videos in Grand Slam and Tiger Woods didnt work but the Wii Sports Resort video loaded fine.
If you have any questions.. shoot.

KTroopA

Trophies
XP
Country
WiiPower said:
Unison said:
I listed my loader, ISOs, version, etc, in a post less than two hours ago, one page back. Get over yourself.
rolleyes.gif

I was using USBLoader GX, as hyp3rlink was. I knew what he was talking about, even though he didn't list his loader.

I'm sorry, but do you know how long it takes to look such info up? Could you please next time just add the necessary context so that every stupid and lazy person in the world(me) can see what you are talking about? Thanks.

samred said:
QUOTE(WiiPower @ Jun 25 2009, 01:29 AM) Why are so many stupid people around? Going for that tone, but telling, "i solved it by..." without telling what loader was used is stupid.

Try this NeoGamma version:
http://www.mediafire.com/?yzuydqatm3w

The change from this to R5RC1 is that it's not compatible with Sam & Max and FarCry.

Hey, this version seems to be working a tad better, thanks.... However, instead of a 001 error, it dumps me right back to the system menu, assumedly because it's trying--and failing--to load that intro video. I'm running from DVD, not USB, so I'm wondering what piece of the puzzle I'm missing to get that video to load at the start. Tips? Thanks.

Did you try the alternative .dol trick yet?

i tired this test loader for wii sports resort and its saying RZTJ01.dol. not found when i try and boot. plz can someone upload this file for me? save me sme hassle to extract it.

btw i tried also toi use trucha to extract the main.dol and was then gona run it thru GWP but it crashes trucha everytime. any idea why this is?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Sonic Angel Knight @ Sonic Angel Knight: :ninja: