Hacking Wii Resort (j) - doesn't load by disc or usb loader. blue screen.

i.heart.piracy

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
hyp3rlink said:
finally got it to work.

i used the Video Mode as System Default as opposed to Disc Default and the game loads with cios r13.

Both Neogamma and SoftChip still give me the 001 error.

I guess I'll just try CIOScorp, although there seems to be no clean way to do this.....

samred

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
TRushInfo said:
I have all of those IOSes as reported by anytitledeleter
Gecko os 191 tells me no DVD in the drive
neogamma gives 001error, usbloader gx works fine
still must find a way to load this from disk just once

Same issue here -- "no DVD in drive" for gecko 191, "001" for neogamma. Seems like I've got all the IOSes in the world. What am I missing?

Unison

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
hyp3rlink said:
finally got it to work.

i used the Video Mode as System Default as opposed to Disc Default and the game loads with cios r13.

I upgraded from r10 back to r13, and this worked for me too.
yaypsp.gif

samred

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Unison said:
hyp3rlink said:
finally got it to work.

I upgraded from r10 back to r13, and this worked for me too.
yaypsp.gif

Thanks for the update, but could either of you be more specific? Which loader? I've tried this in NeoGamma with r13 in place and have gotten nowhere. Any other options listed would be useful. Appreciate it.

TRushInfo

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
i tried setting neogamma to wii default for video ad it still didnt work, did u mean in neogamma, or in usb loader GX cuz i can get it running in that fine I need it to run from disc

Unison

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I listed my loader, ISOs, version, etc, in a post less than two hours ago, one page back. Get over yourself.
rolleyes.gif

I was using USBLoader GX, as hyp3rlink was. I knew what he was talking about, even though he didn't list his loader.

samred

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
WiiPower said:
Why are so many stupid people around? Going for that tone, but telling, "i solved it by..." without telling what loader was used is stupid.

Try this NeoGamma version:
http://www.mediafire.com/?yzuydqatm3w

The change from this to R5RC1 is that it's not compatible with Sam & Max and FarCry.

Hey, this version seems to be working a tad better, thanks.... However, instead of a 001 error, it dumps me right back to the system menu, assumedly because it's trying--and failing--to load that intro video. I'm running from DVD, not USB, so I'm wondering what piece of the puzzle I'm missing to get that video to load at the start. Tips? Thanks.

WiiPower

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Unison said:
I listed my loader, ISOs, version, etc, in a post less than two hours ago, one page back. Get over yourself.
rolleyes.gif

I was using USBLoader GX, as hyp3rlink was. I knew what he was talking about, even though he didn't list his loader.

I'm sorry, but do you know how long it takes to look such info up? Could you please next time just add the necessary context so that every stupid and lazy person in the world(me) can see what you are talking about? Thanks.

samred said:
QUOTE(WiiPower @ Jun 25 2009, 01:29 AM) Why are so many stupid people around? Going for that tone, but telling, "i solved it by..." without telling what loader was used is stupid.

The change from this to R5RC1 is that it's not compatible with Sam & Max and FarCry.

Hey, this version seems to be working a tad better, thanks.... However, instead of a 001 error, it dumps me right back to the system menu, assumedly because it's trying--and failing--to load that intro video. I'm running from DVD, not USB, so I'm wondering what piece of the puzzle I'm missing to get that video to load at the start. Tips? Thanks.

Did you try the alternative .dol trick yet?

samred

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
WiiPower said:
Unison said:
rolleyes.gif

I'm sorry, but do you know how long it takes to look such info up? Could you please next time just add the necessary context so that every stupid and lazy person in the world(me) can see what you are talking about? Thanks.

samred said:
QUOTE(WiiPower @ Jun 25 2009, 01:29 AM) Why are so many stupid people around? Going for that tone, but telling, "i solved it by..." without telling what loader was used is stupid.

Did you try the alternative .dol trick yet?

That did the trick!! Don't forget to enable 002 fix and alternative dol in that special version of NeoGamma linked just above, folks. DVD-R win!

eguilherme

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
hm can anyone help me?

i am trying to run it like this (using cIOS38 rev13b ):

run with alternate dol in usb launcher gx.. fine it goes.. shows the m+ video tutorial and reboot..

so i go again in usb laucher gx.. disable the alternate dol but when i try to run, it looks like the console crashed.. just stays at black screen forever and i ihave to remove the force cable to start it again.. anyone know what it is?

also i tried the same procedure with the latest neogamma but it also crashs when disable alternate dol..
frown.gif

thx for any help

hyp3rlink

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
WiiPower said:
Why are so many stupid people around? Going for that tone, but telling, "i solved it by..." without telling what loader was used is stupid.

Actually, I had a few posts earlier where I mentioned everything am using.. and "solved it .. " post was just an addendum ..

here it goes.. USBLoader GX with rev552; first with alt-dol ON and after the motion plus movie played out i restarted with alt-dol OFF.

All the other settings were same as mentioned by others except I used the video mode as System Default. and since this change was of primary concern I mentioned it in my previous post along with the cIOS249 rev13.

hope this helps if anyone needs to make the game work ..

oh ya, the console is NTSC-U

hyp3rlink

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
eguilherme said:
hm can anyone help me?

i am trying to run it like this (using cIOS38 rev13b ):

run with alternate dol in usb launcher gx.. fine it goes.. shows the m+ video tutorial and reboot..

so i go again in usb laucher gx.. disable the alternate dol but when i try to run, it looks like the console crashed.. just stays at black screen forever and i ihave to remove the force cable to start it again.. anyone know what it is?

also i tried the same procedure with the latest neogamma but it also crashs when disable alternate dol..
frown.gif

thx for any help

What are the GX settings you are using? Try the Video mode as system default (btw, i also used regionfrii to patch from Jap to NTSC-U)

DriftRS

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I got the video to run using alternate .dol, then restarted and tried running again without the .dol, and I keep getting the 001 error. If I run from the disc, the game just crashes with a green screen, if I run from the USB loader, 001 error. I've tried using neogamma and USB Loader GX

:S

neal73

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Using a PAL 3.2e wii with rev13a - tried the alt-dol method, still no joy - just get a black screen and have to restart the wii. Tried burning it to disc and running it through Gecko, but it just hangs after identifying the game title.

Using usbloader_gx I've tried all the different settings mentioned here, but still get nothing but a black screen and frozen wii.

Arse.

edit: does anyone know why the motion+ videos are causing so much trouble? Is it the same if you actually have a motion + on your controller?

typerterror

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
hey guys, where do i put the alternate .dol file if i'm using neogamma loader from a DVD-R?

never mind i sussed it..... sd:/neogamma/rztj.dol

as below you have to rename it without the 01 which is what messed me about

sonny615

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Iceland
Here's how it worked for me (4.0E, old and fake WiiKey):

- Upgraded CIOS from rev12 to rev13a (thanks WiiPower).
- Downloaded NeoGamma from the main NeoGamma thread (sorry, not sure of the version).
- Made an alt-dol according to the instructions in this thread and put it in the NeoGamma folder on the SD card. The file had to be renamed to RZTJ.dol and not RZTJ01.dol, like it says in the instructions.
- Ran the game through NeoGamma with 'Japanese' and 'alt dol' settings.
- Watched the funny Japanese M+ instructions video.
- right after the video I got 001 again.
- ran Beardface's Cover Flow (RC7) and copied the game to my USB HD.
- Launched the game through Cover Flow without changing any settings. Game works fine!

Thanks everyone who helped me run this game and I hope I helped others.

FICKregistration

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Hi, i have have the black screen issue too,

im on usbloader gx, started the alternate dol, watched the vids,
turned off alternate dol, and now all i get is a blackscreen.

i have installed ios38, 53, 55, tried cios10 and 13(a)

but i dont know what to try next. is there a way to check
what ios im missing, without burning the iso to dvd an look
via geckos?

K3G4

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
This is what I did to get it to work:

-I used the USB Loader GX Forwarder w/ r554 and w/ CIOS rev10. Wii - 3.2U. (To those who wonder about IOS38, 53, 55: I didn't install any of these. I used Big Moe's installer from way back but I'm not sure if any of these files were included.)
-I used wiiscrubber to extract the player.dol file from partition1/sys/mpls_movie/. (I followed KobyKaan's instructions from the Neogamma thread)
-I then renamed the player.dol to RZTJ01.dol.
-I placed this file in the root directory of my SD card.
-Ran USB loader GX Forwarder and chose the wii resort game file.
-Hit the settings button on the left
-Then modified the following:
Game Language: Japanese
Error 002 fix: ON
Alternate DOL: ON
Block IOS Reload: ON
MAKE SURE YOU SAVE THESE SETTINGS
-Started the game by clicking the disc icon
-Game ran, video started. Do whatever you want until vid ends. Hit A
-The wii should restart itself
-Now go back to USB loader GX and choose the wii resort disc again.
-Go to settings and turn OFF the alternate dol setting. (Thanks BlackEnigma)
-Run the game and it should work.

Thanks to everyone here that posted their method to get the game to run. I read around and pieced together what to do. Hopefully this works for the rest of the ppl trying to run it. If something is unclear, PM me. It's 2:30AM, im out...

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • sombrerosonic @ sombrerosonic:
    and C++
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @sombrerosonic, "Unity to die. Coding is a fuck."
  • sombrerosonic @ sombrerosonic:
    Rez how else am I suppose to make my horny AI who wants people to love it?
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Real women are better, AI isn't worth the trouble.
  • AncientBoi @ AncientBoi:
    Mine would be easy. All it has to do is bob it's head :D:evil::blush:
    +1
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Psi can make an AI babe lol.
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I knew I should've bought the 50ft ethernet cord over the 25 lesson learned size matters
    +2
  • Bunjolio @ Bunjolio:
    vffvb gferwbgereg
    :O [☎️ Bunjolio's mother that he's swearing]
  • Bunjolio @ Bunjolio:
    she*
    +2
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Fuck
    +1
  • J @ Just_Ragnar:
    What are mlc.bin files and are they important or can i delete them off my wii u sd card
    My apologies there little Miss @Bunjolio :mellow::blush::)
    Butt I'm still telling her :P
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Never gonna give you upNever gonna let you downNever gonna run around and desert youNever gonna make you cryNever gonna say goodbyeNever gonna tell a lie and hurt you
    I don't recognise the song. Which one is it?
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Sigma
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Bunjolio, Sometimes people make mistakes, if you correct them then they'll remember.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Try not to easily get offended if somebody calls you by different pronouns by mistake.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    What I can't just call someone a dick or a vagina
    AncientBoi @ AncientBoi: :O