Hacking Wii puts automatically num-lock in the USB keyboards

OriginalHamster

UStealthy
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Cote d'Ivoire
I recently bought a Genius mini keyboard to chat in Monster Hunter 3, every was just fine until realized that the Wii activate the num-lock every time that an application require it, for example Message Board, text input on Internet Channel. num-lock works like a light that indicates when the keyboard is in use.

The problem is that with num-lock activated some keys like "P", "O", "I" turns into numbers -____-u, and it's kinda annoying to have to deactivate num-lock everytime.

Someone could help me with this? Maybe remaping my keys, there must be somekind the direct configuration to the keyboard itself.

Please =(

TheTwoR's

Yay I can finally edit this thingy :D
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Belgium
OriginalHamster said:
I recently bought a Genius mini keyboard to chat in Monster Hunter 3, every was just fine until realized that the Wii activate the num-lock every time that an application require it, for example Message Board, text input on Internet Channel. num-lock works like a light that indicates when the keyboard is in use.

The problem is that with num-lock activated some keys like "P", "O", "I" turns into numbers -____-u, and it's kinda annoying to have to deactivate num-lock everytime.

Someone could help me with this? Maybe remaping my keys, there must be somekind the direct configuration to the keyboard itself.

Please =(

Mate, the EXACT same thing happens with me. Except that my keyboard is one of those rubber ones you can squish, throw, or sit on.

Besides, I can't imagine why anyone would use a keyboard with a Wii, cause like, internet browsing is really bad on that thing.

OriginalHamster

UStealthy
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Cote d'Ivoire
@TwinRetro
Yes, the num-lock light turn off, but like I said, it's annoying having to deactivate num-lock everytime...

@TheTwoR's
I use the keyboard mainly for Monster Hunter 3, typing with the controller is a pain.

DryYoshi

Love child of Dry Bones and Yoshi
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
TheTwoR's said:
Besides, I can't imagine why anyone would use a keyboard with a Wii, cause like, internet browsing is really bad on that thing.

You can use a keyboard with DOSBox Wii
smile.gif

thesund0g

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Do your keyboard settings/region match with the keyboard itself? Or are you, say, using an AZERTY layout with a region setting where QWERTY would be the default? Never played MH3, so I don't know if it has its own settings for that in addition or not.

OriginalHamster

UStealthy
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Cote d'Ivoire
thesund0g said:
Do your keyboard settings/region match with the keyboard itself? Or are you, say, using an AZERTY layout with a region setting where QWERTY would be the default? Never played MH3, so I don't know if it has its own settings for that in addition or not.

No, I'm using QWERTY layout, I don't have mayor problems with the layout, it's just the Wii system activate the lock-num by default (I don't know why) and that makes my "I", "O", "P" keys SHIFT to "6", "5", "4" etc...

Monster Hunter Tri use the same configuration as Wii system.

thesund0g

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Oh, so does the keyboard not have a dedicated num pad, like a laptop keyboard? If that's the case, you have a couple options:

1) Get a keyboard with a real num pad, or get used to hitting numlock.
2) Get a USB Gecko, find the instruction that turns on numlock and noop it.

OriginalHamster

UStealthy
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Cote d'Ivoire
thesund0g said:
Oh, so does the keyboard not have a dedicated num pad, like a laptop keyboard? If that's the case, you have a couple options:

Yep, it doesn't have dedicated num pad, it's pretty small =P
What's that USB Gecko?

thesund0g

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
OriginalHamster said:
thesund0g said:

Yep, it doesn't have dedicated num pad, it's pretty small =P
What's that USB Gecko?

It's a debugger that lets you connect your Wii to your PC. People use it to make Gecko/Ocarina codes, Priiloader patches, etc. You'd basically be making your own Ocarina code to kill the "turn numlock on" instruction.

elmoreas

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Ok I have found this to be true on the Datel Powerboard, Most USB Plug and Play PC boards, and the mat boards too. There is some kind of bug in certain apps and games that causes this to happed on this wii. Since these boards were not licensed by Nintendo they do not work (software wise) perfectly all the time. Also I think Nintendo didnt forsee this when the Wii was released or there would be a Ninty brand KB that works fine. HOWEVER, if you are on 4.1 or higher and use the Nintendo Offically Licensed Wii Keyboard by Logitech (New on Amazon $49.95 USD) this doesn't happen and it has preset buttons to open Opera and do other things. Hope this helps. Talk to you all later.

Elmoreas

P.S. Its 4.1 on U/E/J I do not know about K though.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    NinStar @ NinStar: CRAZY HAMBURGER