Not open for further replies.

Krono89

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
FOur2o: Go diaf.

OT: Not going to be using this app, using the Wiibrew name when you're not even affiliated with Wiibrew.org is just wrong.

Jacobeian

Trophies
XP
Country
Cuba
denzil said:
Excactly. Most of the files published on wiibrew.org are done so without license, and therefor grant no redistribution rights to anyone. And those that are published under GPL require the source code to be distributed alongside (cmiiw). See, I don't want to ride the redistribution rights argument across town, but it is a point worth mentioning.

I agree, but you know like me this is not the problem here
as I said, most scene websites already host homebrew applications without giving a link to the initial website or forum they were posted on, lot of them even never give the link to sourcecode when GPL is involved, it's like that and tolerated as long as credits are properly given

btw, homebrew applications listed on wiibrew.org do not belong to wiibrew.org either

I can understand the frustration to be assimilated with a similar named website but I really see nothing wrong in hosting HBC applications for newbies... and even more nothing wrong in coding a quick interface to help people settting their sdcard up...

PS: type "wiibrew" in google and look for wiibrew.com ... quite hard to find
wink.gif

out topic, by doing that , I found this: i don't know who made that but I like it

denzil

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Jacobeian said:
I agree, but you know like me this is not the problem here
Of course not. As I said, I don't want to strain that point. I am actually not really sure there is "a problem" anywhere. It's just so many little negative points that come to attention so I'm perceiving this as negative. But there's not a single "big no-no" anywhere, certainly none to invalidate the site as it is.

QUOTEbtw, homebrew applications listed on wiibrew.org do not belong to wiibrew.org either
Of course not, and they never will. One can implicitly argument that by uploading the respective files, the authors grant redistribution rights to wiibrew.org. Again, redistribution rights is not an argument I would want to stretch out to be a real problem. By know, I guess you know the wiibrew/Team Twiizers guys, they/we are always looking to stay on the squeaky-clean side of legality.

xiaNaix

Trophies
Website
xiaNaix.net
XP
Country
United States
F0ur2o said:
I can assume your talking about bushing's flame and his followers.

I clearly posted about the app in question.

Thank you for noticing this.

No, I'm talking about those who insult Bushing and other established sceners. Maybe in the future stuff should be kept "internal only" since none of you appreciate the work he and others do.
mad.gif

Stalkid64

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
When you're basically - as someone else said - piggybacking off the good name of another source I'm afraid that clearly is an issue. Nothing wrong with creating something like that (bar the fact it does screw with license concerns) but to use the name of an established place to do so is really pretty lame.

jayparadox

Trophies
Website
pokemon-project.com
XP
Country
Spain
F0ur2o said:
All the fucking StoneCutters are here. Can we be in your special club.

So dont fucking use the app if its not as good as something else.

Maybe they built it....on there own. Crazy fucking notion eh...???

Who made you #wiidev fuckers the police anyway?

GET OUT

None of you fuckers can speak for yourselves...Stalkid64 wipes bushings ass and you wipe his.

Grow up.
I agree with every letter you've wrote on this thread.

Killer Phantom

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
jayparadox said:
F0ur2o said:
All the fucking StoneCutters are here. Can we be in your special club.

So dont fucking use the app if its not as good as something else.

Maybe they built it....on there own. Crazy fucking notion eh...???

Who made you #wiidev fuckers the police anyway?

GET OUT

None of you fuckers can speak for yourselves...Stalkid64 wipes bushings ass and you wipe his.

Grow up.
I agree with every letter you've wrote on this thread.
I second this.

It's not like they are using it to distribute for money, they are doing it for free.

Just because they didn't credit you? If people cared enough to look up who made it, they will KNOW you made it.

Anyway I love this tool, it really helps my poor friend get his Wii running...yup.
tongue.gif

Relys

^(Software | Hardware) Exploit? Development.$
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
bushing said:
berlinka said:
The Wiibrew people really have heart and soul for the homebrew scene. Wonderful job!

Too bad these are the fake Wiibrew people. The pod-Wiibrewers, you might say.

I told you he was elitist. Who cares if these are the "fake Wiibrew" people. They made a quality release just the same.

This thread was fine until bushing came in here trolling.

Neversoft

Trophies
XP
Country
I'm not so sure it's a deliberate effort to piggyback off the Wiibrew name anyway. The site appears to be fairly legit in the sense that it's just trying to help people and in all fairness, I and possibly many other people use the term "Wiibrew" to describe Wii Homebrew... So don't be so cynical and if wiibrew.org really do object to what this site is doing, why not try a simple email to the site/coders? They appear to respect the whole homebrew ethos on all of the consoles they support so hopefully they'd rename the application.

Although recently the whole Wii scene has descended into a "flame first" ass-fest so I don't expect anybody to try and be diplomatic about this
frown.gif

xiaNaix

Trophies
Website
xiaNaix.net
XP
Country
United States
All he was pointing out was that the site calls itself WiiBrew but it's not the same Wiibrew.org that everyone is familiar with. He said nothing about the app, GPL, or anything else. Other posters brought that up.

The number of GBATemp users who choose to insult Bushing and others, though, is ridculous. The fact that the admins and mods here allow it is appalling. Way to support the scene GBATemp!

brakken

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The only flamefest I see going on is here on warez central - gbatemp. TehSkeen, WiiNewz and Wiibrew are very calm and respectful communities. This place is a haven for warez kiddies (more like 12 year olds) - just look at the main page!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://stockanalysis.com/stocks/ntdoy/market-cap/ I think they'll be alright