Hardware Wii or Gamecube on Full HD TV

o2oxygen

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Hello i was planning to buy a LCD or LED TV... with Full HD Feature probably 19"-24". but i was wondering since Wii & GameCube only uses RCA and Component Cable is it advisable to play Wii or GC on an LCD with Full HD Feature? will it make my games graphics Pixelized? like for example playing fast games like No MOre Heroes or Tatsunoku VS Capcom? im worried that if i buy LCD my money might get wasted... any suggestions or recommendations? thanks

D

Deleted User

My Wii looks like garbage on my 1080p 42 inch with RCA cables @480i, I hear getting the component *BLUE RED GREEN" helps a lot on HDTV's but I've yet to buy them.
I get better results on my old 27 inch Big POS 480i samsung.

Do not get an HDTV for the WII/GC, Get it for HD TV and HD gaming.

o2oxygen

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
@brandonspikes

what do you mean garbage? does the graphics have some spikes? like little pixels?

@Bladexdsl

sorry but is plasma different from LCD or LED?

and BTW im not planning to buy huge HD LCD TV... i will just buy maybe 19"-24" LCD TV... will that be a help to reduce the crappy images? i also have a Component cable on my Wii but not on GC

D

Deleted User

o2oxygen said:
@brandonspikes

what do you mean garbage? does the graphics have some spikes? like little pixels?

@Bladexdsl

sorry but is plasma different from LCD or LED?

and BTW im not planning to buy huge HD LCD TV... i will just buy maybe 19"-24" LCD TV... will that be a help to reduce the crappy images? i also have a Component cable on my Wii but not on GC

The colors are terrible, I've spent an hour trying to set it up, Ive also seen small Hdtvs with composite in things like gamestop and it looks really bad
Now It may look better with component but I don't own one so I cant say.

What tv do you have right now?

Edit: Your wii should be fine with the GREEN BLUE RED component, but your Gamecube may suffer,.........Why cant you just use your gamecube games on the wii?

Also, Plasmas are built differently from LCD, Plasmas can have richer colors and deeper blacks, and can be much brighter than than LCDS, However they suck in lighted areas and have glare, I have an anti glare panny and its bad if I open the window shades. LCDS last longer and are cheaper in costs, they are also very flexible in size, Plasmas tend to be 40"+

Evilbaz

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Ive got a 32" lcd 1080p tv and im using the component cables, im inpressed with the quality of the output from the wii.

DaFixer

Dare to be stupid
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
I got a 42 inch Full HD.
I use a VGA cable (same as component) and quality is very good
biggrin.gif

Hielkenator

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Samsung le650b 32" here.

Wii and gameecube Look fantastic component cables.
By the way, you tv will then match the Wii resolution Digital with component.

What that bullshit about plasma and LCD?

LCD has come a long way from the first models.
The thing said here are thing from the past.

Plasma is no match nowadays campared to LCD.
Cheaper, efficient, More sizes, better display.

The only thing that can be a problem is the "input lag on some models"

I'd say do research in that department.
Also, with ALL tv's: The smaller, the sharper your image will be.

o2oxygen

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
@brandonspikes

my TV here is an old CRT TV i know that CRT TV are best in quality... but it sucks up electricity bad.. and its to big for my room.

my wii got a Component Cable but my GC dont. planning to get a S-Video on Gamestop.. i dont like playing the GC games on the Wii because my GameCube will be useless and will just collect dust if i do that and i don't want to sell it its my collection =)

@Evilbaz
what do you mean "inpressed" is that a typo of "Impressed" or "in-impressed"? did you adjusted some of the settings of the wii and the TV?

@DaFixer
VGA cable? wii doesnt have a VGA right? using the VGA from a computer is a different story because the video quality of the computer depends on the VideoCard.. (pls correct me if im wrong)

@Hielkenator
so you mean a 19"-22" of LCD TV will be a good choice to use with a wii?

and guys 1 more thing you know what is the difference between Full HD and a HD Ready TV? thanks a lot for replying your helping me really big i love you guys!

Bladexdsl

fanboys triggered 9k+
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
brandonspikes said:
Plasmas can have richer colors and deeper blacks, and can be much brighter than than LCDS, However they suck in lighted areas and have glare, I have an anti glare panny and its bad if I open the window shades.
that's why the room i have mine in is always pitch black
tongue.gif

QUOTEWhat that bullshit about plasma and LCD?
don't even go there dude...

D

Deleted User

o2oxygen said:
and guys 1 more thing you know what is the difference between Full HD and a HD Ready TV? thanks a lot for replying your helping me really big i love you guys!
Just get the LCD, It should be fine, There is no difference between HD Ready and FULL HD, also don't be fooled into getting 1080p, you will not notice a difference sub 40 inches, Cable Tv goes up to 720p, only blu-rays and computers use past X1080p+, Wii is 480P MAX.

Also, I'm serious about using your GC games on the Wii, S-Video is barely noticeable in terms of going from Yellow White Red wires, tough it up and box your cube ( no pun intended ).

One more thing, how much are you willing to spend?, I could maybe help you on your search, I've done a lot of research when I went tv shopping a few months back and got my first HD-TV.

D

Deleted User

Bladexdsl said:
brandonspikes said:
Plasmas can have richer colors and deeper blacks, and can be much brighter than than LCDS, However they suck in lighted areas and have glare, I have an anti glare panny and its bad if I open the window shades.
that's why the room i have mine in is always pitch black
tongue.gif

QUOTEWhat that bullshit about plasma and LCD?
don't even go there dude...

Yeah, we keep our plasma in the living room, in the dark, and movies LOOK SOO DAMN GOOD.

Also, most people don't know what they are talking about and will argue over the internet till there head explodes, I know what I'm talking about, I've done a lot of TV research in the past few months.
mellow.gif

o2oxygen

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
@brandonspikes

maybe ill spend around 200$-300$ but im in the philippines so price of TV are a little bit higher.

i dont like a very huge TV... a 19-24" will do... all as for the product i don't know which one to get... either Sony, LG, TCL, Samsung... i like the cheapest one that i will be satisfied.. i dont pretty much look on the product title

Posts merged

@brandonspikes

maybe ill spend around 200$-300$ but im in the philippines so price of TV are a little bit higher.

i dont like a very huge TV... a 19-24" will do... all as for the product i don't know which one to get... either Sony, LG, TCL, Samsung... i like the cheapest one that i will be satisfied.. i dont pretty much look on the product title

Coto

-
Trophies
XP
Country
Chile
Well, i´ve got a 27' Plasma, in my father´s house which is like, 5 years old? And looks quite nice (not as nice due to lower brightness level) but certainly looks quite nice with my component cables.

And, my mother has a 49' LCD TV, which along composite cables look, yucky. So I plugged my component cables, and hell it looks beautiful. (Specially in brawl with deflicker Off, looks like every clean object appeared in screen)

For those who don´t know how much component improves signal out put, it makes image more clearly, well defined, and colorful. Ex: Trauma Center Second Opinion is a low res game, which can also be perceived while you play it at CRT TV, so imagine you play it on plasma/LCD TV + Composite cables (A/V ones), it looks awful, pathetic, and everything you might think of.

When you use component cables on those newer P/LCDS, this game improves his polygon definition a lot, it seems beautiful, better "drawn". Obviously, it´s not HD, BUT it really does a fantastic improvement.

o2oxygen

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
so in short any size of LCD TV won't affect the output display of the Wii as long as you use Component cables? and i think gamecube has Component cables or will s-video will do good?

D

Deleted User

o2oxygen said:
so in short any size of LCD TV won't affect the output display of the Wii as long as you use Component cables? and i think gamecube has Component cables or will s-video will do good?
Do not use S-Video, Do not use Composite video on hdtv's, Most of the time, it will degrade the quality

D

Deleted User

brandonspikes said:
My Wii looks like garbage on my 1080p 42 inch with RCA cables @480i, I hear getting the component *BLUE RED GREEN" helps a lot on HDTV's but I've yet to buy them.

Will this work with the sound? I'm thinking of getting that HD shit and the optical-out

DjFIL

Trophies
Website
homepage.mac.com
XP
Country
Canada
It doesn't look any worse. Component cables do help, get proper 480p. Progressive scan will help a bit. But it'll never look as good as a PS3/360 on a HDTV... but the HDTV won't make wii look worse.

D

Deleted User

jet™ said:
brandonspikes said:

Will this work with the sound? I'm thinking of getting that HD shit and the optical-out

If you plug the audio wires into that things (RED/WHITE) input, you should be able to use headphones, or a speaker system, yes, As long as the usb is connected to a pc, altho I would call them up to double check.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: Lol looks about as fun as a root canal