Gaming wii online?

chillyloop

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
If you have a hacked wii connected online, is it safe? Is there a chance Nintendo can do something to the console?

Szalkow

RawkSD Cheerleader
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Nintendo can't tell who's got a modded Wii unless you're using cheats, in which case you will probably be banned. Outside of that, virtually no risk at all.

chillyloop

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Szalkow said:
Nintendo can't tell who's got a modded Wii unless you're using cheats, in which case you will probably be banned. Outside of that, virtually no risk at all.

I'm not worried if they can tell if I had a modded wii or not, this wasen't why I was asking. I was more worried about them maybe forcing my console to update. I dunno if they could do this.

Satangel

BEAST
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
chillyloop said:
Szalkow said:

I'm not worried if they can tell if I had a modded wii or not, this wasen't why I was asking. I was more worried about them maybe forcing my console to update. I dunno if they could do this.

No, they cannot do this. Nintendo is forced to ask it to you if you want to update your console.
You will just get a message on your Wii, saying that there is a new update available, and if you want it, you can download it.
You can just click No in that message, and Nintendo can't do shit about it.
I've been over a year online with my Wii now, and I'm still on 3.2E.

Szalkow

RawkSD Cheerleader
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Nintendo cannot and will not foist updates upon you.

I leave WC24 turned off because I don't like my Wii being on all the time and I don't always have Internet connectivity, but it really doesn't matter.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    AncientBoi @ AncientBoi: And your own @SylverReZ ?