Hacking Wii not seeing HDD

Jamstruth

Secondary Feline Anthropomorph
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Kinda new to this whole backup loading thing.
My external Harddrive has an 110GB NTFS filesystem and a 50GB WBFS filesystem. As far as I can tell my wii is not seeing either. When I load NeoGamma and try to make it mount the WBFS partition it just uses up all 30 tries.
I've got a launch Wii that I have used PimpMyWii on, as well as installed an IOS so that WiiMC could read DVDs beforehand. I have cIOSx installed to latest revision. Is there an extra cIOS I must install for USB devices?

egurgle

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Use this:
1. FAT 32 with cluster 32k.
2. IOS 58 unpatched
3. HBC 1.08 (you will get USB 2.0 support from IOS 58)
4. CFG USB Loader
This will fix ur problem.

I recommend using ModMii: http://gbatemp.net/t171901-modify-any-wii-4-3-below - its easier and safer than PimpMyWii and better results!

enjoy it
wink.gif

Jamstruth

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Easier, I doubt. Safer, yes.
I've got the latest version of Homebrew channel to my knowledge. Not sure how patched my IOS58. I cba reformatting again + FAT32 can't hold files>4GB

egurgle

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
WiiBackupManager autosplit files >4gb. then no problems using FAT to Wii games
wink.gif

Edited: PimpMyWii version 2.0 was installing a patched IOS 58 before. thats why i told u unpatched IOS 58. But 2.1x version, they changed to unpatched.

MercilessDeth

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Maybe a dumb question, but do you have it plugged into the proper port? When the Wii is laying down it's the one that ends up closest to the bottom. As far as I know if it's in the other port it won't be read by anything.

Jamstruth

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
I was using the top port...I shall try in a sec with USB in bottom port (why does it matter though? Seems odd)

Update: All that hassle and it was the USB port *facepalm*

Blue-K

No right of appeal.
Trophies
XP
Country
Swaziland
prowler_ said:
Tried using USBLoader?
I have a 50GB WBFS partition and it works fine.

EDIT: http://usbloader-gui.googlecode.com/files/...0_Installer.exe
Well, let's start with saying that you shouldn't use GX for the moment. It's buggy, and being cleaned up right now. Until then, I wouldn't recommend to use it. And let's also mention that DVDX and IOS202 are obsolete, and not needed anymore.

Now, for the main problem, your HD that isn't recognized. I would do the following: Make really shure that you have the HBC 1.0.8, the latest one. If not, install/update. Then, make shure that your HBC uses IOS58 (you should see that in it's settings, in one corner). If not, use THIS to install it. Now also update WiiMC (if not already done), launch it, and try if it recognizes the NTFS-Partition. If not, your drive is incompatible, period. Oh, and like someone said before, use the USB-Port on the Bottom.

Now, let me ask you a question...was there a special reason for the WBFS-Partition? I would suggest to screw this partition, and use NTFS for loading. Use the latest CFG-Loader or WiiFlow for that, and the latest cIOS, rev20.

Jamstruth

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Problem solved boys, I was using the wrong USB port *facepalm*
Main reason for using a WBFS partition was so that while the box is being used as a External Harddrive I don't have various things cluttering it. I might change it to a 110GB NTFS partition and a 40GB FAT32 partition later though and just label them.

prowler

Sony
Trophies
XP
Country
Zimbabwe
Blue-K said:
Well, let's start with saying that you shouldn't use GX for the moment. It's buggy, and being cleaned up right now. Until then, I wouldn't recommend to use it. And let's also mention that DVDX and IOS202 are obsolete, and not needed anymore.
Loads my games so there is no problem over here.

CannonFoddr

Regular GBATemp Lurker
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
Jamstruth said:
I was using the top port...I shall try in a sec with USB in bottom port (why does it matter though? Seems odd)

Update: All that hassle and it was the USB port *facepalm*
Dammit.... Why did I miss that
mad.gif
& why didn't any1 else suggest that
wacko.gif

Still - glad you figured it out

Jamstruth

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Yeah, am now using Backup manager to get my games onto a FAT32 partition (reformatted the WBFS drive)
Only Wii ISOs I have:
Metroid: Other M (Played a bit, that girl's voice acting is SOOOO wooden!)
Super Mario Galaxy (I Know, its probably a crime I never owned it)
Disney: Sing It Family Edition (Got a couple of USB mics so this should be a good laugh with my friends)

I think I'm gonna like this ISO loading stuff, means I can try out the really crumby games and subject my friends to them for epic lulz... Now where can i find "High School Musical" karaoke
smile.gif

MercilessDeth

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Only reason I knew to suggest it is that's what had me stumped for a day or so when I started doing the whole thing myself. I've never heard an explanation of why it doesn't work in both ports though, as a computer engineer I'd be a little interested in knowing the technical reasons.

XFlak

Wiitired but still kicking
Trophies
Website
modmii.github.io
XP
Country
Cyprus
I know there is a way to force cfg usb loader to use the other usb port. If you have a specific module (I really can't remember which) saved to the right place of the hard drive or sd card, it will load it and use the alternate usb port. If u look in the cfg usb loader thread u may find a DL link for it if anyone cares. The only purpose this serves is if the bottom port is busted and the top one still works fine... otherwise, there's no point to doing this.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Nut on the hill