Wii Network Service Partial Discontinuation and Metroid Prime Trilogy

Discussion in 'Wii - Nintendo Wi-Fi Connection' started by NetSphereEngineer, Jun 22, 2013.

1. NetSphereEngineer
    OP

NetSphereEngineer Member

Newcomer
    Nov 9, 2012
    Brazil
    Wii Network Service Partial Discontinuation :(

Do you guys think that games like Metroid Prime Trilogy will lose the hability to share friend vouchers? If so any kind soul have some free time and can give me the amount necessary to unlock everything? I think it's fifteen per save file.

2. CheatFreak47

CheatFreak47 Complex Donut

Oct 11, 2011
    United States
    Michigan, USA
    Aren't there gecko codes for that kind of thing anyway? What exactly do you need these vouchers for?

3. NetSphereEngineer
    OP

NetSphereEngineer Member

Newcomer
    Nov 9, 2012
    Brazil
    Well I don't like to use cheats and things like that. The vouchers are used to unlock things in the game! Right now I'm not that far in the game but I want to unlock everything by myself and the problem is that I can't cause I need someone to send me the vouchers. This friend vouchers are the only ones that I can't get by myself in the game :(

4. JoostinOnline

JoostinOnline Certified Crash Test Dummy

Apr 2, 2011
    United States
    The Twilight Zone
    That's why, for the past couple years, I've been asking someone to release a code the gives 99 friend credits, but nothing else. That way, you aren't really cheating (as it doesn't change the difficulty of the game), and you don't have to go through the annoying process of sending and receiving vouchers.

5. Hielkenator

Hielkenator GBAtemp Psycho!

Feb 7, 2010
    Netherlands
    There are usable cheats for this.
    Just play the game normally trying to unlock all other credits.
    After you´ve done so, use the cheat to get the remaining green credits and purchase the rest.
    ( you need to complete all games on all dificulty's to get all credits...)
    It's how I play the game, withour having to cheat.
    Though I agree with Joostin, a cheat for green credits alone, would be great.

6. JoostinOnline

Apr 2, 2011
    United States
    The Twilight Zone
    You won't be able to unlock stuff as you play though. The alternative suit and screenshot feature are two examples of things you want during the game.

7. Hielkenator

Feb 7, 2010
    Netherlands
    The Fusion suit your can get by finishing MP1 100%.
    Screenshot feature is cool but really crippled after WC24 stops.
    Not everything is unlocked at the beginning, so even if you have the credits you cannot purchase them.

8. JoostinOnline

Apr 2, 2011
    United States
    The Twilight Zone
    How are they crippled?

9. Hielkenator

Feb 7, 2010
    Netherlands
    Screenshot are meant to be placed on your Wii message board to share with friends.
    They are low res but take up lots of space.
    Besided you get a shot of your completed game ( time/% ) after beating the game wich is also sent to your Message board.( Proofes that you beat it )
    In short what's the use if you cannot share?

10. JoostinOnline

Apr 2, 2011
    United States
    The Twilight Zone
    I never sent them to anybody. I kept them for myself, and showed them to friends sometimes if they were interested.

11. Hielkenator

Feb 7, 2010
    Netherlands
    I guess that's how it can be used.
    I've played through all games multiple times now, and I never had a use for it.
    Still it's cool to have.
    I found it a lot cooler to have all those stickers on your spacecraft of games you are playing on your Wii.
    Same as the bobblehead.

Even now I feel this urge to play some more.
    Retro did one hell of a job, that's for sure!

12. JoostinOnline

Apr 2, 2011
    United States
    The Twilight Zone
    Agreed to all of that.

I remember once at the end I was trying to take a full shot of zero-suit Samus, but I timed it wrong and just took a close-up picture of her boobs. What made it awkward was I had just told my new roommate to check out a cool feature in the game.

Hielkenator likes this.
  13. NetSphereEngineer
    OP

NetSphereEngineer Member

Newcomer
    Nov 9, 2012
    Brazil
    HAHAHAHAHA I never got that far but this games looks more and more interesting after reading your posts :)

Well I guess I will have to use some code to get the friend vouchers :( I wanted to do it the way it was supposed to be but ohh well

I take forever to finish games so by that time this code that gives 99 friend credits will be released :)