JoostinOnline

Certified Crash Test Dummy
Trophies
Website
www.hacksden.com
XP
Country
United States
It likely still has to have the IOSs on there to interact with which IOS the game was made to use. If so, it technically should still be hackable (if there are USB ports).
And how are you supposed to use an exploit?

Until it comes out, I don't think it's fair to say that there is no internet connection. No wifi does not mean no internet.

thegamer408

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
it most likely has a modified OS that removed any channel that need internet , removed the internet setting form the system setting
and removed any sd card support
Well, if they removed almost everything, then it'll probably be like the GC when there was no System Menu.
No DVD, NO SD, No Internet,No Hacking, NO NOTHING.
It likely still has to have the IOSs on there to interact with which IOS the game was made to use. If so, it technically should still be hackable (if there are USB ports).
Yes there would have to be the IOSs to play games.
That actually makes sense. Without the internet or gamecube game compatability, the only logical thing for the thing to do is to ask for a Wii disc. (can't use any internet based channels, can't use any sd card based channels like the photo channel, can't get any wiiware or vc games). The only thing besides playing wii games that you could possibly do with the thing is create Miis. So maybe you have 2 choices, create a mii, or play your wii game.

I do bet that at the very least it doesn't have the standard wii dashboard. If it did, it would be the saddest dashboard ever, just the disc channel and the mii channel.
Well, if that happens then expect System Menu 4.4U.
It might even lack bluetooth compatibility and the remote will be wired.
USELESS WII

d.d.d.

Trophies
XP
Country
Well, if they removed almost everything, then it'll probably be like the GC when there was no System Menu.
No DVD, NO SD, No Internet,No Hacking, NO NOTHING. Yes there would have to be the IOSs to play games.
Well, if that happens then expect System Menu 4.4U.
It might even lack bluetooth compatibility and the remote will be wired.
USELESS WII

Indeed. Useless.

Zetta_x

The Insane Statistician
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm pretty fucking sure it has some internal memory... What the hell happened to intelligence today?

You can't use a disc to hack it, any home made disc will not look like a retail one and the wii would refuse it.

Unfortunately, if it were possible to get the console keys, it would be possible to flash a pre-hacked system menu with the homebrew channel already installed.

Maxternal

Peanut Gallery Spokesman
Trophies
Website
gbadev.googlecode.com
XP
Country
http://www.gamefocus.ca/news/18651.html
here some pic of the Wii Mini

flip top loader
1 USB port
Cool.
First impression : so technically it COULD connect to the Internet but I'm sure it doesn't even come with a shop channel so that would only help you for, say, online multiplayer stuff.

Second impression : still no SD card means it's pretty much unhackable ... but wait ... it's not THAT much smaller than the original Wii and the plugs are pretty much in the same place on the back. It probably has the same motherboard which would mean the same drive connector and you could still fit this thing with a WODE ... or just solder and SD reader on it ... or even GameCube ports.

(Of course, this is just speculation but Ninty did it with the no-GC Wiis so it seems safe to say they'd do the same thing here. Redesigning the mother board for a limited edition thing like this probably wouldn't have been worth the money if it wasn't before for the Wii they kept selling for the last couple years.)

Alex Mi

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Motherboard Pics:

iXqIudQBPcJ7k.jpg

iQPFvmW9ikiJU.jpg

It uses a K9F4G08U0D NAND Chip. Tried using a Wii clip to dump it but that thing is too big of a POS, actual soldering should get results, but I am not sure if it's worth the effort since I've read that the NAND is useless because of encryption.

Maxternal

Peanut Gallery Spokesman
Trophies
Website
gbadev.googlecode.com
XP
Country
iQPFvmW9ikiJU.jpg

iQPFvmW9ikiJU.jpg
It uses a K9F4G08U0D NAND Chip. Tried using a Wii clip to dump it but that thing is too big of a POS, actual soldering should get results, but I am not sure if it's worth the effort since I've read that the NAND is useless because of encryption.
I think there are ways to get the keys for the encryption but I'm not sure how to do that without hacking it.

Alex Mi

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I also fucked up image posting, new image added, as you can see by comparing with
file.php

A wifi module could be added, whether or not it would work depends on the software. The system version said it ran 4.3U.

Reactions: Maxternal

Maxternal

Peanut Gallery Spokesman
Trophies
Website
gbadev.googlecode.com
XP
Country
I also fucked up image posting, new image added, as you can see by comparing with
file.php
A wifi module could be added, whether or not it would work depends on the software. The system version said it ran 4.3U.
Hmm, yeah. It took my untrained eye a moment to recognize it but it DOES look like there's a WiFi location stenciled in there next to the Bluetooth board. I wonder why they designed it in there but didn't end up including it.

Also, don't know where to look for the drive adapter on the old board. You know if it's the same size?

Krestent

What to post?
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Do we know if this thing will somehow use the single USB port to backup/restore saves? If so, Indiana Pwns (and others) can be used.

mysticwaterfall

Streamforce Supreme Commander
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
There is no way for it to get online as it has no internet settings.

Same, now pointless Wii menu with 3 options (disc, Mii, tutorial)

Standard AV output only, no component support.

Actually not much smaller, just weighs less.

http://www.nintendolife.com/news/2012/12/hardware_review_wii_mini

So, the staggering list of negatives continues. Not worth it all at 100$.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pCYyXcb_pJk Lol spiderman dong