Not open for further replies.

GamerzHell9137

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Bosnia and Herzegovina
PfLwU.jpg

The upcoming Canada-exclusive Wii Mini has no backward compatibility with Gamecube games like the original Wii model, and also lacks the ability to connect to the Internet. However, it turns out it also has no SD Card slot.

Nintendo World Report were informed by Nintendo of Canada that the Wii Mini will lack an SD Card slot. This makes the device incapable of transferring saves to the Wii U at a later point.

Source

Well cya Letterbomb lol

DinohScene

Gay twink catboy
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
Latest news:
The Wii Mini has got no DVD drive either

[/sarcasm]

Considering Ninty allready removed everything what made the Wii the Wii.
You're probably right on that.

;o; no internal memory, no dvd drive, no SD card slot, no USB.
IT'S A BOX THAT DOES NOTHING ;o;

Reactions: plasma dragon007

Sicklyboy

#JOYCONBOYZFOREVER
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I don't think having an infectus/progskeet would make it hackable, but DeadlyFoez is not the only one who has one. They did make more than one, you know. :P

Nintendo finally made a secure revision of their console... by removing everything that makes it a console.

I'd still be interested to see if Foez could figure anything out with it.

Reactions: TripleSMoon

Ryupower

Brood
Trophies
Website
techmantis.net
XP
Country
United States
it most likely has a modified OS that removed any channel that need internet , removed the internet setting form the system setting
and removed any sd card support

d.d.d.

Trophies
XP
Country
Does it have USB ports? I haven't seen anywhere confirming that or not...
Also, how can it have no internal memory? You wouldn't be able to save you game progress. That can't be true.

Sicklyboy

#JOYCONBOYZFOREVER
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Does it have USB ports? I haven't seen anywhere confirming that or not...
Also, how can it have no internal memory? You wouldn't be able to save you game progress. That can't be true.

Where do you get that it has no internal memory?

You wouldn't be able to update it, ever.

You wouldn't even be able to boot it.

duffmmann

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I bet it doesn't have any kind of system menu. Probably just a prompt to insert a game disk if there isn't one.

That actually makes sense. Without the internet or gamecube game compatability, the only logical thing for the thing to do is to ask for a Wii disc. (can't use any internet based channels, can't use any sd card based channels like the photo channel, can't get any wiiware or vc games). The only thing besides playing wii games that you could possibly do with the thing is create Miis. So maybe you have 2 choices, create a mii, or play your wii game.

I do bet that at the very least it doesn't have the standard wii dashboard. If it did, it would be the saddest dashboard ever, just the disc channel and the mii channel.

kylster

mich weich töten
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I just have to say wow lol I would think if it has USB ports it can still be hacked by some method. I don't understand why they would remove everything that allows internet connections, you might as well go retro NES for real....

Cool Fact NES could actually connect to the internet and in Japan they had a controller which had a built in microphone Whoo! Game Informer! lol & the Winner goes to Wi... nurp NES!!!!!!

prectorian

Chef Kirby
Trophies
XP
Country
Vanuatu
The standard spec listed that it will have a harddrive and an SDHC memory card slot, but no internet connectivity.
I'd say it's back to the days of PSX, except this one looks more like a McDonald's Happy Meal Box. B-)

d.d.d.

Trophies
XP
Country
Thought that was speculated since it has no internet and you cannot buy anything, they took out the storage space.
Updates? It's very unlikely the Wii will get any further updates and besides, no internet connection (though a disc-based one could be possible).
How about them USB ports? I haven't seen anything on those...

d.d.d.

Trophies
XP
Country
That actually makes sense. Without the internet or gamecube game compatability, the only logical thing for the thing to do is to ask for a Wii disc. (can't use any internet based channels, can't use any sd card based channels like the photo channel, can't get any wiiware or vc games). The only thing besides playing wii games that you could possibly do with the thing is create Miis. So maybe you have 2 choices, create a mii, or play your wii game.

I do bet that at the very least it doesn't have the standard wii dashboard. If it did, it would be the saddest dashboard ever, just the disc channel and the mii channel.
It likely still has to have the IOSs on there to interact with which IOS the game was made to use. If so, it technically should still be hackable (if there are USB ports).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: No you just want my asshole that's the difference