razorback78

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
jservs7 said:
TiMeBoMb4u2 said:
PLEASE come back Waninkoko...WE NEED YOU!

biggrin.gif
Didn't he state he would come back for situations that needed updated CIOSs? This might qualify for one.
tongue.gif
yeah ur right. but what if he was already hired by nintendo? lol

Langin

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
slingshot27 said:
razorback78 said:
jservs7 said:
TiMeBoMb4u2 said:
PLEASE come back Waninkoko...WE NEED YOU!

biggrin.gif
Didn't he state he would come back for situations that needed updated CIOSs? This might qualify for one.
tongue.gif
yeah ur right. but what if he was already hired by nintendo? lol

Wankiko is already working on an update !

just read and youll see he working so before you ask an question read first!

lissm

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ok my first post so be nice. Here's my temporary fix using Hermes:
1. indiana pwnz fix.
2. I put lloadmii elf file on the root of sd card, google LoadMii_0.3_twilightHack.zip and unzip the elf file to SD
3. Using loadmii I loaded the newest hermes, google Uloader3_0c.zip and unzip it to SD
4. Hermes CIOS has a few options, here is what I chose:
4a. first chose cios 250
4b. then chose cIOS 222 (uloader)
4c. then chose IOS 38 base or 37 (merged with IOS 38 base)
4d. systems automatically reboots after this.
5. Then did all the same steps again and chose cIOS 223 (uLoader Alternative) at step 4b.
5b. automatic reboot again.
6. Indiana pwnz fix again, this time ran wad-mgr-1.5 from my apps directory, and loaded the Uloader forwarder (forwarder-UMRD.wad)

I now have a working Uloader forwarder channel that launches Uloader and plays all my usb backups.
I hope this helps others in their quest for a fix, or at least a temporary workaround.

I tried to install numerous other apps using the loadmii method:
cIOS38_rev14
CoverFloader 1.2
Usbloader_gx
But everthing just locks up the wii. Im guessing this is due to ios249 being removed or stubbed but I don't understand enough to get past that. I've been reading that HBC is automatically removed each reboot so I will wait for the next version before bothering with that, but I am happy to try getting the items list above to work, so if anyone has suggestions I'll try them out for the community.

mdp_1992

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
mdp_1992 said:
Honestly if you read the last few pages you would realize that you SHOULDN'T DO THIS!
And wait! Don'T HEX EDIT!

Anyways. I tried it. Messed up. Can't use BootMii and HBC. Though, my VC/Wiiware work. Should I reinstall Sytem Menu 4.2 ? (Clean) After they're is a HackMii and BootMii release?
(Oh and (FORGOT XD) What are the chances of bricking the wii if BootMii fails to install)

Anyone?

geedub

Trophies
XP
Country
nice to see Marcan pop his head in
bow.gif

Monster Hunter said:
marcan_troll said:
zektor said:
I read that in Bushing's blog. I am still pretty stunned that Nintendo had the balls to include a boot2 update without any ECC checks. I wonder who approved that!
Oh, it does have ECC checks, it's just that at least once or twice we've seen ImportBoot fail to write the ECC data. Not sure why. I can't remember if that's an instant brick or just a greatly increased chance of an instant brick - it depends on whether boot1 errors out on a bad ECC or not, and how the sector tables wind up. There are a lot of peculiar edge cases during boot2 update.

@Monster: I'm not sure you understand what HBC is. The Homebrew Channel. It's copyrighted by us (that is, Team Twiizers), and you're infringing our copyright if you distribute it, modified or not. You're actually free to modify your own copy, as long as you don't distribute the result.

Lmao...I know what HBC is. Do you even know who made the HBC? IF your distributing HBC without there permission thats on you. If you read there license and you continue to distribute then thats all on you. Im talking about in general that modifying the Wii is not illegal, and you come out and say HBC is illegal when the HBC developers allow themselves to distribute it to the public. They are under the GPL license (General Public License). So if you want to get technical, theres your answer.

btw Monster Hunter this is quote of the year ROFLMAO respect to monster
bow.gif
bow.gif
what a fanny baws

HDCM

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Guys,
Its been said before but i should say it again.

Be VERY careful trying to install cISO / downgrade this new firmware with existing tools.

Ive already have had a few emails regarding 4.2 and bricks.

xzxero

♥bong milk does good for the brain♥
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
lissm said:
1. indiana pwnz fix.
2. I put lloadmii elf file on the root of sd card, google LoadMii_0.3_twilightHack.zip and unzip the elf file to SD
3. Using loadmii I loaded the newest hermes, google Uloader3_0c.zip and unzip it to SD
4a. first chose cios 250
5. Then did all the same steps again and chose cIOS 223 (uLoader Alternative) at step 4b.
6. Indiana pwnz fix again, this time ran wad-mgr-1.5 from my apps directory, and loaded the Uloader forwarder (forwarder-UMRD.wad)

I now have a working Uloader forwarder channel that launches Uloader and plays all my usb backups.
I hope this helps others in their quest for a fix, or at least a temporary workaround.

cIOS38_rev14
CoverFloader 1.2
Usbloader_gx
But everthing just locks up the wii. Im guessing this is due to ios249 being removed or stubbed but I don't understand enough to get past that. I've been reading that HBC is automatically removed each reboot so I will wait for the next version before bothering with that, but I am happy to try getting the items list above to work, so if anyone has suggestions I'll try them out for the community.
Although we appreciate temporary success, please stop posting steps as an official fix will arise soon from the actual developers.
Thanks for understanding peeps.

Langin

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
xzxero said:
lissm said:
1. indiana pwnz fix.
4a. first chose cios 250

cIOS38_rev14
CoverFloader 1.2
Usbloader_gx
Although we appreciate temporary success, please stop posting steps as an official fix will arise soon from the actual developers.
Thanks for understanding peeps.

I agree this can be very dangerus! so watch out and just wait till(wat this guy before me said) on an officail fix!

yes it bricked my wii

hdofu

Trophies
Website
www.wikitsune.com
XP
Country
United States
gwiz210 said:
So quick question. My wii is not with me and is with a friend far away right now, if he were to update would I lose the capability of using the backup loader channel I have on my wii, it's the only real homebrew thing I have, I don't even have the homebrew channel. Would I lose that channel/would it still function? I use DVD-Rs for backups if that makes any difference.

Do you have his number? If so I'd ring and say, "Don't update the wii right now, there is a serious bug I read about with the updated firmware" if you care about disguising why you don't want to update. If you don't cares I'd call and say "FOR THE LOVE OF GOD, DON'T INSTALL, NINTENDO IS TRYING TO KILL THE HOMEBREW SCENE!"

phantagom

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
tj_cool said:
phantagom said:
Look at this post: http://techforums.nintendo.com/nins/board/...thread.id=29910

Does this update also check if you have a region converted Wii?!?
It can't check region changes
and it isn't the cause of 003

Best prevention is to NOT update

Sure, I dont want to upgrade with my korean Wii, but I think Ninty does check!!! Just google for this error code and you will find many people who have region converted Wii with this error and the new 4.2 update.

http://qisahn.com/blog/2009/09/nintendo-42...te-bricks-wiis/
http://www.wiihacks.com/bricked-wii-issues...-bricked-3.html

HiBit

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Wow, after my internet was down for some days sysmenu 4.2 is out.
biggrin.gif

It work fine 4 me.

I ...
1. Install hackmii 0.5 with the new HBC and DVDX.
2. Install the latest IOS56, IOS57 without a patch and a patched IOS70 with the latest DOP-IOS.
3. Install the latest shop-chan with the "Wii Shop and IOS61 installer"
4. Install the latest sysmenu 0000000100000002 v* that was downloaded with NUSD.

USB loader GX work fine(no problem with the restart), Bootmii, Shop-Chan, Neogamma from WiiPower and all the other stuff.

Cooooool.
wink.gif

Hitokiri

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
One of my dumbass friends updated his wii, did the new hackmii installer just come out? I see that HBC was updated to 1.0.5 but I can't find a changelog for it anymore as wiibrew lists 1.0.4 as the latest.

What did they fix and does the hackmii installer already work on 4.2? If so...holy sh*t that was fast!

Edit: Just had a second friend call me and say his HBC says there is an update available but it popped up on his systemmenu not while inside HBC, which I've never heard of. I told him not to update it until there is more info.

Edit2: n/m just saw this posted on wiibrew "30 September 09: The fine folks at HackMii have released the HackMii Installer v0.5 which will install the Homebrew Channel 1.0.5, DVDX 2.0, and BootMii beta 4 on any version of the Wii System Menu."

Okami Wolfen

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yes, newest version of Homebrew Channel works on the 4.2 System Menu. I recently updated my HBC, then my Wii, and HBC is still there.

The new four letter title for the Homebrew Channel is now JODI instead of HAXX.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    @SylverReZ youtube to mp3 some are still good, usefull when the official music video has better audio than the music in th ecd
    +1
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    im back
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    Find the studio rips, like a few GBs per song lol
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @Psionic Roshambo, game boys per song?
    I used to have a few of those with Direct Sound on XP and Audigy Platinum sound card with high end speakers was a glorious time for audio
    Lol no Gigabytes per song
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Some websites have full studio rips of production kind of hard to find for obvious reasons
    +1
    Not sure current audio codec based sound built in to motherboards can handle the bit depth those used
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @Psionic Roshambo, I just use mp3 files of the best quality i can find
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I say fuck it and open Spotify 80% of your musics already on it probably
    +1
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    or just put in on yt
    Xdqwerty for most people hearing anything better than 256Kbps MP3 they cannot tell the difference
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    play the songs video
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Audiophiles mjs second allegation
    Pedo Audio what ever MJ was into he lost a glove
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Mjs glove fit
    Billies Jeans did not
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Mj you are the father
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Wifi 7 routers are already out
  • The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye:
    and i'm still here on wifi 5
    all my stuff is wired anyway
    what annoys me is my server has 2.5g but i have nothing else that does
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    No real point in 7 unless you have 5gb which no real point in it
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: No real point in 7 unless you have 5gb which no real point in it