Hacking Wii Menu 4.2 Released

Arendo

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
@ Amarok:
GOOGLE!

is there really a fix already? I just read up here that hackmii v.5 has been released? them guys are fast
biggrin.gif

Amarok

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Netherlands
King Of Chaos said:
Seriously if you want 4.2 it's better to install the newest HBC and DVDx via Hackmii v0.5 first, install the latest Shop Channel with the updated IOS61 second, then use Dop-IOS v8 to update IOS56 and IOS57 (without the fake signing bug) and install IOS70 (with the fake signing bug). After that grab the System Menu 4.2 WAD via NUS Downloader and use Wad Manager to install it.

Volia, You're on 4.2 with Homebrew enabled, and all your cIOSes should be intact.

will this work on 4.2 using indiana pwns?

Posts merged

QUOTE(Arendo @ Sep 30 2009, 10:53 PM) @ Amarok:
GOOGLE!

is there really a fix already? I just read up here that hackmii v.5 has been released? them guys are fast
biggrin.gif

thx for the headsup
wink.gif
got kinda lazy after using TBR for so long
tongue.gif

Yakomo

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
scrappy said:
It amazes me every time. So much useless updates to meet, so much bricking to be done...

Did you hear the news?
-no, what´s up?

There´s a system update for Wii directly from Nintendo!
-what is it for?

It´s new, it´s called 4.2!

-what is it for?
the update deletes homebrew on your wii! it overwrites all cios versions with unusable stubs and blocks erases HBC!

-But where is the advantage for me, i use homebrew, why should i kill it?
U can manually hexedit the new IOSes and install HBC again!

-Does updating bring me new features?
No.

-Is it forced by Nintendo?
No.

-Are there new games requiring it?
No.

-Is online gaming blocked without the update?
No.

-Has Nintendo any new services needing it?
No. But maybe in the future!

-There is already a new HBC installer on the way, and a 4.2 safe updater from Waninkoko.
-Shouldn´t we simply wait 1 or 2 days before updating?
No, you have to update NOW!

-Why? No new features, not forced, not required by any software, not required online, killing HBC which i have to reinstall.
-Why should anyone update now, safe updating is only a matter of days?
You HAVE to update NOW!

-why?
Because it has written 4.2 all over it, it´s new!

So true ...

ziddey

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
the homebrew era is over. nintendo won. i'm updating via nintendo. gonna rip out my wiikey too. nothing quite as appealing as a virgin wii. guess it's wii sports for the rest of time for me

Mr_Boo_Berry

Ghost
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
ziddey said:
the homebrew era is over. nintendo won. i'm updating via nintendo. gonna rip out my wiikey too. nothing quite as appealing as a virgin wii. guess it's wii sports for the rest of time for me
That's a bit dramatic if you ask me. There's workarounds.

Yakomo

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Post on Hackmii.com (source:

dhewg @ Sep 30 2009 said:
Beware: Everything installable with this installer works with every system menu version, you do not have to update to v4.2! We even advise you not to update! On the last article bushing wrote:

The [boot 2 update] code [from Ninty] is so buggy that we decided to write our own for the HackMii installer.

It’s really sad, but that wasn’t exaggerated at all. The first reports about bricks due to this official boot2 update are reported on Nintendo’s forums. Replies, which Ninty doesn’t like, are getting deleted. Anyway, it’s up to you if you want to risk it.

Nintendo Customer Service (source):

QUOTE(NOA_TECH_JANE @ Sep 30 2009, 02:51 PM)Hello,

Some of you have reported problems with your Wii console after updating to the Wii System Menu 4.2. The symptoms most people are describing usually occur when the Wii has been modified. However, some of you also mention your system has never been modified.

We'd like to help get your system working properly again. If you're experiencing problems with your Wii console after downloading Wii System Menu 4.2, and you believe your system has not been modified, please give us a call. If we find that you have a normal system and the update caused your system to not work, we'll repair it at no charge.

Please call our Customer Service Department at your earliest convenience, 1-800-255-3700. We are open 6 AM to 7 PM, Pacific Time, 7 days a week.

Thank you,
NOA_Tech_Jane

unsure.gif

Amarok

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Netherlands
Pakatus said:
btw...
i dont know if you guys know...but wanin, has released his firmware updater to 4.2
smile.gif

look in

http://gbatemp.net/index.php?s=&showto...t&p=2293932

Yeah thanks wanin
biggrin.gif

Still, doesn't take the problem away for current unmodded 4.2's and future virgin 4.2's.
frown.gif

If I understand correctly, Indiana Pwns makes it possible to install using hackmii 0.5 installer/run HBC so far, but cios can't be installed yet >> no working launchers, usb channels? (please confirm/correct me if im wrong)

Mr_Boo_Berry

Ghost
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I actually feel sorry for the legit customers effected by the update yesterday. They really should of held off on the boot2v4 update. I also feel sorry for the users here up accidentally or inadvertently updated their Wiis to 4.2.

FenrirWolf

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Amarok said:
Pakatus said:
btw...
i dont know if you guys know...but wanin, has released his firmware updater to 4.2
smile.gif

look in

http://gbatemp.net/index.php?s=&showto...t&p=2293932

Yeah thanks wanin
biggrin.gif

Still, doesn't take the problem away for current unmodded 4.2's and future virgin 4.2's.
frown.gif

If I understand correctly, Indiana Pwns makes it possible to install using hackmii 0.5 installer/run HBC so far, but cios can't be installed yet >> no working launchers, usb channels? (please confirm/correct me if im wrong)
cboot2 should be able to install cIOS

panmusic

Trophies
XP
Country
Greece
Just 2 quick questions.

1)If I had a 4.1E Wii with HBC 1.05 installed but with absolutely not any custom IOS,is it safe to update?Will the HBC still be present in 4.2?

2)If my Wii is 4.1E with HBC 1.05 installed but with custom IOS(222,223,249),is it safe to update?
Will the HBC still be present and will my Wiiflow work?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-Eo3Bh06drc